Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HTC Or Blackberry?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right so im due to be going on my upgrade next month..

The phones i have on offer is the HTC HD2, HTC Touch pro2
    Blackberry Curve 8520, Blackberry Bold 9700 and Blackberry curve 8900

and other nokia phones and other rubbish that im not interested in..

Im only interested in the blackberries and HTC..

Which is best? At the moment I have a HTC Touch Diamond.

But im thinking of switching to a blackberry but the New HTC Phones inspire me to carry on using HTC brand mobiles more... and im just stuck.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    HTC HD2 is one of their most powerful phones. If you want a physical QWERTY keyboard though, the Touch Pro 2 isn't a bad choice either.
    The good thing about HTC is the MASSIVE developer community; so much that the developer community has managed to put Windows 7 Phone onto it! I'd go for the HTC HD2, because it's one of the most powerful and supported phones.
    Here is probably the largest HTC developer community:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/
    They've also managed to put Android onto the Touch Pro 2:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-android-port/
    Sub-forum for the HTC HD2:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=531

Good Luck in making your choice, if you need any more info don't be hesitant to ask :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    HD2 or 9700.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Out of those I'd probably go for the blackberry 9700, I'd probably wait for the HTC Desire though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Blackberry.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't know much about Blackberry but my HTC serves me very well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bb.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bavmysta)
    Right so im due to be going on my upgrade next month..

The phones i have on offer is the HTC HD2, HTC Touch pro2
    Blackberry Curve 8520, Blackberry Bold 9700 and Blackberry curve 8900

and other nokia phones and other rubbish that im not interested in..

Im only interested in the blackberries and HTC..

Which is best? At the moment I have a HTC Touch Diamond.

But im thinking of switching to a blackberry but the New HTC Phones inspire me to carry on using HTC brand mobiles more... and im just stuck.

I know you have said your focus is only on those two phones but also consider iphone. You certainly won't be disappointed, I'm still amazed by mine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Blackberry > HTC
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my friend had a HTC HD2 for a few days and changed it for a blackberry 9700 which he says is much better. Had my 9700 for a few days now and its absolutely awesome. Emails, texts, notifications never go unread now and it looks alot better than the HTC too
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'd wait a couple of months just to see what apple do with the next iphone.
    you never know might be something special (but i doubt it)

otherwise i'd go for the hd2...

UNLESS you have lots of friends on blackberrys, then i'd go for a blackberry
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh and, the 9700 only has 2.4 inch screen. i mean come on thats tiny. both the htc phones you have there are 4.3 and 3.6 for me that would be a criterion with a lot of weight.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i would not recommend the blackburry's internet browser, if you using the phone for media and surfing then i would go for a HTC.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    as a phone for innovation and mod cons id go for htc over bb.

personally im waiting for either htc desire or the htc supersonic which is a 4g phone
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went from a Touch Diamond to a HD2, and despite the fact that I loved my Touch Diamond, the HD2 is comparatively awesome. It'd very difficult to argue against it in any way - it has an iconic design, an unbeatable screen and a list of features that would make anyone drool. :drool:

The main reason people go for BlackBerrys is because of their (strange and small IMHO) physical keyboards, BBM and price. I don't know about BBM, but the HD2 probably has a larger and just-as-easy-to-use virtual keyboard (with haptic feedback and pretty good auto-correction). So unless you need BBM or would much rather spend less money, I would say that the HD2 is the logical choice.

The Touch Pro2 is pretty old, but if noice-cancellation and/or a slide and tilt keyboard are things you're looking for, get that.

(Original post by 02xb)
    as a phone for innovation and mod cons id go for htc over bb.

personally im waiting for either htc desire or the htc supersonic which is a 4g phone
    The Supersonic (EVO 4G) won't come to the UK AFAIK - all of the networks here are waiting to implement LTE 4G networks rather than WiMAX. The HTC MAX 4G was also a WiMAX device, and AFAIK that was never sold outside of Russia.

The Desire is out now on T-Mobile, I think, and will supposedly shortly be coming out on Orange, Vodafone, O2 and Virgin Mobile.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Fire)
    I went from a Touch Diamond to a HD2, and despite the fact that I loved my Touch Diamond, the HD2 is comparatively awesome. It'd very difficult to argue against it in any way - it has an iconic design, an unbeatable screen and a list of features that would make anyone drool. :drool:

The main reason people go for BlackBerrys is because of their (strange and small IMHO) physical keyboards, BBM and price. I don't know about BBM, but the HD2 probably has a larger and just-as-easy-to-use virtual keyboard (with haptic feedback and pretty good auto-correction). So unless you need BBM or would much rather spend less money, I would say that the HD2 is the logical choice.

The Touch Pro2 is pretty old, but if noice-cancellation and/or a slide and tilt keyboard are things you're looking for, get that.

The Supersonic (EVO 4G) won't come to the UK AFAIK - all of the networks here are waiting to implement LTE 4G networks rather than WiMAX. The HTC MAX 4G was also a WiMAX device, and AFAIK that was never sold outside of Russia.

The Desire is out now on T-Mobile, I think, and will supposedly shortly be coming out on Orange, Vodafone, O2 and Virgin Mobile.

ye i just reqalised that the other day and if htc evo 4g does come out it will most probs be like in q1 2011.

im getting the htc desire but waiting till june to get one as im in no hurry until then

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 30, 2010
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.