The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anjtan
I wouldn't hang around with someone who was way taller than me, simple as. It just looks weird.

Seriously?
wear really high shoes.

or

put on fake legs.:wink:
Reply 22
Develop a Napolean complex.
Reply 23
Height is purely relative. Girls do often like taller guys, but there should be no shortage of girls out there shorter than you — you're not a midget. :s-smilie:
I'd go out with someone who was 5'5".......

We're not all after tall men. Being 5'2" myself, tall men give me neck ache.
You'd hate me then...6ft 5 & a third :jester:
bet ur not actually tht small ignore that girl most girls arent like that jealous is a bad thing and it can ruin ur self confidence just try be happy the way u are i mean if u arent even bad looking swear its fine!! just stand proud next to ur friend instead of being like ahh he looks so much better just be like ah we look so good :smile:

just from experience i used to be well jealous of my best friend seemed like she had everything i had nothing now i got over myself i realised we are who we are the sooner we learn to live with it the easier life is theres no point always comparing urself to other people it just makes u depressed. i mean its not like ur gonna grow much (unless ur like 12) so just dw about it!! :smile:
I'd go out with someone who is 5ft5... seriously, not all of us are shallow! There are loads of girls who are shorter than you and I don't think height makes you seem protected, it's hugs lol. It's the strength of the hug. I don't really care about it tbh... I just like a guy who is funny, sweet and just fun to be around. A lot of girls are exactly the same. Maybe work on your confidence so that it's easier for girls to fall in love with your personality? Personality is more important than looks in a relationship.
Reply 28
Isn't there surgery where they break your legs and insert metal rods into your bones to gradually (very very gradually) make you taller? It sounds risky and painful, but it might just work for your confidence OP.
Us tallians (as we prefer to be called) are indeed a superior race. Thankfully, you have your own race of shortians to date.
Crazy Paving
Hate is a bit strong, you're just a bit jealous. I wouldn't let this get in the way of your friendship, otherwise you're being pathetic.

agreed
Anonymous
Hi guys

I feel really bad at the moment. I have a best mate and he's really quite tall. He is average-good looking ish and can talk to girls quite easily.
I once overheard him having a conversation with a girl and she was mentioning me and said that we look way odd (as I am very short in comparison) and that most of her friends including herself wouldn't go out with me because I'm too short. I'm not ugly...average looking but short. Especially short when standing next to my best mate!

Help!

It all depends who you ask really ^_^ My boyfriend is a full foot taller than me (I'm 5'4'' & he's 6'4'') & I absolutely LOVE it. On the flip side, I have a friend who's 5' & his girlfriend is about 5'7'' and she loves that.

Just find yourself a girl who you're comfortable with regardless of height. There are lots of short girls, lots of girls who like short guys and lots of in betweens. I'm sure you'll find someone :cute:

As for your height in comparison to your friends, there's not much you can do really. Your friend isn't tall because he chooses to be & there's nothing wrong with being shorter than average.
Apparently, models aren't that fussy:

5 foot 5 LOL. Awwwwwww. There are loads of girls shorter than that though, one of them will go out with you, though you may have to sacrifice something in the looks department as the hot short girls can get taller guys, perhaps even the really tall guys, who for some reason have short women fetishes WHEN THEY SHOULD BE GOING OUT WITH THE ******* TALL WOMEN WHO HAVE NO CHOICE. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
catiecashman
It all depends who you ask really ^_^ My boyfriend is a full foot taller than me (I'm 5'4'' & he's 6'4'') & I absolutely LOVE it. On the flip side, I have a friend who's 5' & his girlfriend is about 5'7'' and she loves that.

Just find yourself a girl who you're comfortable with regardless of height. There are lots of short girls, lots of girls who like short guys and lots of in betweens. I'm sure you'll find someone :cute:

As for your height in comparison to your friends, there's not much you can do really. Your friend isn't tall because he chooses to be & there's nothing wrong with being shorter than average.

Case in point. You could have had a 5'9"er and still been comfortably comparatively diminutive. Instead you take one of the world's few 190cm men ALL FOR YOURSELF. I HATE you. Yes YOU.

Spoiler

littleshambles
Case in point. You could have had a 5'9"er and still been comfortably comparatively diminutive. Instead you take one of the world's few 190cm men ALL FOR YOURSELF. I HATE you. Yes YOU.

Spoiler

^.^ Hehehe, I think it's fairly obvious I don't love him FOR his height. It's just an added bonus :love: I'm sure if you want someone that that tall or taller for yourself? :smile:
catiecashman
^.^ Hehehe, I think it's fairly obvious I don't love him FOR his height. It's just an added bonus :love: I'm sure if you want someone that that tall or taller for yourself? :smile:

Well I am six feet tall so anyone six feet tall would do :frown: I don't ask for much :frown: I just don't find people shorter than me attractive, they just seem like boys to me. i did go out with someone about four inches shorter than me once, but i didn't fancy him very much tbh.
littleshambles
Well I am six feet tall so anyone six feet tall would do :frown: I don't ask for much :frown: I just don't find people shorter than me attractive, they just seem like boys to me. i did go out with someone about four inches shorter than me once, but i didn't fancy him very much tbh.

There are lots of men 6' & taller! I'm positive you'll find someone dear! :cute:
All these people posting as anon going emo about their height i don't even know what you're worried about because in order for your height to be a problem to women you would need to be a man and since none of you have any balls it would stand to reason you don't have a penis so should really be looking for a nice tall man of your own.

I say this as someone who's 5'5 and whose best friend since nursery is roughly 6'7.

Yes most women find height attractive its part of that whole latent alpha male thing which is why they also go for deep voices, broad shoulders and dare i say go weak at the knees for a big dick even though the most likely benefit of it is getting your cervix pounded to crap which as its been described to me sounds comparable to getting persistently slapped in the nuts.

Its arbitrary, illogical and unfair but its the world we live in, people can't help how they feel. You are fortunate enough to be in a position to truly understand how stupid this **** is and rise above it to be someone of substance and character but i get the feeling you're probably bulk buying spinach as i type.
Anyone ever saw that 'celebrity' husband and wife gameshow thing?

Some giant blonde woman who was vaguely famous for something I didn't pay attention to had a husband who she towered over. Granted he was good looking but the height difference was almost comedic.

She said something along the lines of what Lit2010 said.

Basically height doesn't mean much when you're doing the horizontal nasty, lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending