The Student Room Group

Have you ever dated a Ned Flanders?

Have you ever dated religious people, as in you didn't know they were religious until the date?

The date went ok. Was a lot of fun, but I dunno ain't someone i can see a future with. She wasn't anything special. Plus i found out she's religous and that ain't compatible with me (i'm not down with religion)

This girl just bores the hell out of me at times. She texts me asking me "what u doin" and i phone her (because i like to hear a voice) and she was at this religious weekend thing. I try cracking a few jokes (you know lighting up the convo) and she takes thing serious and then goes into a boring moment. The jokes were nothing offensive by the way. She just talks about her religion all the time and zzzzz.

The Female version of Ned Flanders.

I guess this is more of a rant really :confused:
jblackmoustache
Have you ever dated religious people, as in you didn't know they were religious until the date?

The date went ok. Was a lot of fun, but I dunno ain't someone i can see a future with. She wasn't anything special. Plus i found out she's religous and that ain't compatible with me (i'm not down with religion)

This girl just bores the hell out of me at times. She texts me asking me "what u doin" and i phone her (because i like to hear a voice) and she was at this religious weekend thing. I try cracking a few jokes (you know lighting up the convo) and she takes thing serious and then goes into a boring moment. The jokes were nothing offensive by the way. She just talks about her religion all the time and zzzzz.

I knew a girllike that, she was 20(Shes about 24 now) and still lives at home, works full time for about £7 a hour and has to give her dad whos a minister her wages each week of which she gets £25 pocket money and the rest he keeps for rent and bills! she wont drink alcohol, stay out after 8pm etc and wants any man to take her out for meals and her idea of a night out is going to the church with her dad and playing beetle drives and card games with the old people!
EarlHickey
I knew a girllike that, she was 20(Shes about 24 now) and still lives at home, works full time for about £7 a hour and has to give her dad whos a minister her wages each week of which she gets £25 pocket money and the rest he keeps for rent and bills! she wont drink alcohol, stay out after 8pm etc and wants any man to take her out for meals and her idea of a night out is going to the church with her dad and playing beetle drives and card games with the old people!

I like the idea of card games with the old people if they play for money :p:
Ive dated a couple of catholic girls before, rather than the good girl stereotype, turned out to be rather entertaining.
Reply 4
There are 2 kinds of religious good girl types

Those that want to avoid looking like a slut and as Double Agent said can be rather entertaining,

and those that are already married to god as is Ned Flanders type i hope i never do, they remind me of Annie Wilkes from Misery for me to even be comfortable around them, not too mention boring and annoying.
jblackmoustache

This made me giggle. I don't think it happens JUST with religion, though that can be really daunting. I hate it when people talk about any one thing all the time and can't joke about it.

Find someone more compatible :biggrin:
Reply 6
catiecashman

Find someone more compatible :biggrin:

Do the opposite of this :ahee:
Reply 7
jblackmoustache

Lulz.
I'm an athiest magnet. :sexface:

Latest