The Student Room Group

Can't figure this girl out....

So I've been out of the dating game for a little while - had a girlfriend for past two years, but broke up a few months ago - so could really use some advice about a new girl I really like.

First spoke to her a while ago, but then I told a mutual friend I really liked her who then thought it'd be a good idea to go and tell her. From then on, she'd been coming up to me at parties, just chatting etc... and then last Friday we pulled. Texted her a few times since, but every time she texts back, it's like she isn't expecting/doesn't want a reply back. To explain more clearly, none of the texts are short or dismissive, but she doesn't ask any questions (she'll say things like "hope you had fun yesterday" rather than "how was yesterday?) and also the last text she sent she ended with "see you on wednesday!" (She's coming to watch a play I'm in)
To me that sounds like she doesn't expect or want to hear from me again until wednesday. So on the one hand, she's coming to this play I'm in so she seems interested, but on the other, her texts sound like she can't really be bothered.

Anyone got any ideas on what she's thinking? Do I text her again anyway or do I just leave things until Wednesday?

Thanks guys
Reply 1
Quit being paranoid and ask her if she wants to go for a drink.
Reply 2
Just impress her with your epic acting chops! Or just ignore her back. She'll soon be wet as a soggy muffin!
Reply 3
Jack Cutler
Quit being paranoid and ask her if she wants to go for a drink.

Well that's the thing, I said something like "it'd be really good to see you sometime next week?" To which the reply was "see you wednesday". Can't really ask again...
Reply 4
Err...Wednesday is tomorrow, you can't wait until then?
Reply 5
Go for a drink after the play...?
Reply 6
She sounds like her texts are giving you a hint that she's not really that interested.
Reply 7
keepa7
Err...Wednesday is tomorrow, you can't wait until then?

Wasn't really the point I was making. Yes she's coming to this play tomorrow, but it's not like I've made any plans to see her after and if it's awkward texting her again, it's pretty difficult to arrange anything. Am I supposed to just see what happens tomorrow or should I be making more effort to sort something out?
Reply 8
Kevin J
She sounds like her texts are giving you a hint that she's not really that interested.

A part of me thinks you're right, but seems strange that she's known for a while that I liked her and she was the one making the effort to come and talk to me at parties:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending