The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Who's going to De Montfort University this September?

Hey guys, just wondering, is anyone goin to De Montfort Uni this year, I'm going to study Film Studies, Media Studies and Communication. Let me know if you've applied for the same course or any other for that matter... thanks :woo:

Scroll to see replies

where is this uni? i've never heard of it. and good luck for sept. i'm going to be a fresher too!! x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi... yep Im going to De Montfort this Sept! Im studying Psychology and goin to be staying in Benjammin Russell Halls.
Havent heard of many who are staying in my halls though. Bit miffed that it is all same sex flats as well, thats well disappointing! Jess x
antf3690
Hey guys, just wondering, is anyone goin to De Montfort Uni this year, I'm going to study Film Studies, Media Studies and Communication. Let me know if you've applied for the same course or any other for that matter... thanks :woo:

I live in Leicester at the moment. Upon arrival you'll be met by hordes of uneducated, illiterate, monkeys. Plus the night life isn't the best here :frown: What ever possessed you to come to Leicester I'll never understand, but good luck.
Reply 4
22 Its A Catch
I live in Leicester at the moment. Upon arrival you'll be met by hordes of uneducated, illiterate, monkeys. Plus the night life isn't the best here :frown: What ever possessed you to come to Leicester I'll never understand, but good luck.

dont say that Dmu is my firm!!
Reply 5
The nightlife is indeed terrible. If you're going for the course, then I guess it can be used to compensate for the crappy lifestyle which surrounds this institute.
Reply 6
antf3690

I'm going to DMU too! Business, Management and enterprise mind lmao have you applied for accomadation yet?
22 Its A Catch

What! Lol it is not that bad! Except I go to Leicester University too so there will be a little rivarily there as well as living in Leicester. OP Hope you enjoy your course and have fun.
Reply 8
The course appealed to me more than the nightlife, if i wanna go out, i'll just go out at my local nightlife spot back home, only go out for special occasions anyway... And i ain't sorted my accomodation yet, wanted sort my student finance out first. Any of you from near Stoke-on-Trent way?
Was on East Midlands today that they're being fined £4m for exceeding student limits.
Reply 10
IcEmAn911
The nightlife is indeed terrible. If you're going for the course, then I guess it can be used to compensate for the crappy lifestyle which surrounds this institute.

whats international business and globalisation like at dmu? its my insurance choice soo just wondering :smile:
pezz10
whats international business and globalisation like at dmu? its my insurance choice soo just wondering :smile:

It's very good, Alistair Jones is an excellent lecturer to learn for especially as the course leader. The course teaches a variety of business modules as well as learning about business with an international aspect, as well as a bit of politics.

As a result of this, you wouldn't be able to study a subject e.g. marketing in quite some depth like if you were to go for the BA (Hons) Marketing on its own or something similar.
Reply 12
pezz10
I'm going to DMU too! Business, Management and enterprise mind lmao have you applied for accomadation yet?

I'm in my final year at DMU studying Business and Management and I have thoroughly enjoyed the course. You will probably be doing some modules that I did in my first year. First year isn't bad..third year is where it gets harder :unsure:

And I agree with Iceman that Alistair Jones is a great lecturer, he makes the lectures enjoyable with the way he puts his views across. There are a few lecturers at DMU who really help you out and are friendly with the students. :smile:
I am :smile:

Animation Design, staying in Grosvenor House flat 10D. Send me a message if you are in my course or indeed...one of my elusive flatmates!
ansh25
I'm in my final year at DMU studying Business and Management and I have thoroughly enjoyed the course. You will probably be doing some modules that I did in my first year. First year isn't bad..third year is where it gets harder :unsure:

And I agree with Iceman that Alistair Jones is a great lecturer, he makes the lectures enjoyable with the way he puts his views across. There are a few lecturers at DMU who really help you out and are friendly with the students. :smile:

There is no-one quite like Alistair Jones even if he makes himself out as the most unhelpful bastard that there is around!!! lol. But he is a very outspoken person who is more helpful than he makes himself out to be, but only if you don't ask silly/stupid questions.

Other than that, he is an excellent person who you can learn off and to maybe learn off since he is anti-capitalism, but is so into his gardening at his allotments. He also favours practicality over branded items...
Reply 15
im studying media & communications too :smile:
Reply 16
IcEmAn911
It's very good, Alistair Jones is an excellent lecturer to learn for especially as the course leader. The course teaches a variety of business modules as well as learning about business with an international aspect, as well as a bit of politics.

As a result of this, you wouldn't be able to study a subject e.g. marketing in quite some depth like if you were to go for the BA (Hons) Marketing on its own or something similar.

Nice one for the heads up :smile: see im taking a placement year too hopefully too experience business abit rather then just learn about it but seen as its International business does that mean its easier to get a placement in Europe or anywere abroad for that matter?
Reply 17
ansh25

See because at current i study Business, Economics and accounts at college soo i cover most aspects of business, soo hopefully i wont find it too bad! And thanks for the heads up about the lecturer! :smile:
Reply 18
Im Off In Septemberr (: :woo:
Studying Forensic COmputing !! :cool:
Any More Info On Tht ?
Cheers
Reply 19
d0m-xo
im studying media & communications too :smile:

Nice guess I'll be seeing you around! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending