The Student Room Group

The Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

TomMcCarthy
I'M SO BORED.
I'm so bored that I've actually been driven to deciding to self-teach an extra Maths AS, so I'll have done 15 modules by next summer. :P Anyone got any advice on self-teaching Maths?

Practise, it's quite easy once you get it :wink: also, if you don't understand a concept, try youtube :smile:
I'm planning to start my UKCAT revision tomorrow.
Reply 4742
Holiday in 4 dayyys, going tomorow to buy a book about introduction to Biological Anthropology, and Social/cultural Anthropology. Tomorrow will be a madd day, as I have to travel everywhere, do some shopping, see some cousins, get my books, see a freind, and then hit at nandos by 5/6 pm.

I guess most people are bored? It's summer, enjoy, get a job, do something productive.
The only thing I've done on my list so far today is have breakfast :facepalm: I have however re-potted a dying plant, something I intended to do when it started to look ill, about 5 years ago. This is why I don't have pets.
Reply 4744
Played football today :woo:

Should I start French? :awesome:
JayAyy
Played football today :woo:

Should I start French? :awesome:

Yes! I've been glued to it all day :teehee:

My French is a lot worse than I thought it was, so moving through it rather slowwwwly right now. :emo:
Reply 4746
Antifazian
Yes! I've been glued to it all day :teehee:

My French is a lot worse than I thought it was, so moving through it rather slowwwwly right now. :emo:

Is it really that addictive? I hope it is :awesome:

I need to do beginner (that's not how you spell the word, I'm too tired to correct it :colonhash:) French. How can I understand Patois (Broken French + English) but not be able to speak a word of it? :colonhash:
JayAyy
Played football today

Should I start French?

Yeah go on! :jive: Have you ever done it before? :p:
Reply 4748
Sparkly-Star
Yeah go on! :jive: Have you ever done it before? :p:

Well, my grandparents speak broken French, so I pick up a few things. Other than that, I don't understand a word; and I can't speak it to save my life :colonhash:
JayAyy
Well, my grandparents speak broken French, so I pick up a few things. Other than that, I don't understand a word; and I can't speak it to save my life :colonhash:

Great! That's even better! Look up Coffee Breaks on i - Tunes, they start with the very basics. :yep:
Reply 4750
Sparkly-Star
Great! That's even better! Look up Coffee Breaks on i - Tunes, they start with the very basics. :yep:

I may just have to do that :awesome:
We are still French buddies, yeah? :yep:
JayAyy
Is it really that addictive? I hope it is :awesome:

I need to do beginner (that's not how you spell the word, I'm too tired to correct it :colonhash:) French. How can I understand Patois (Broken French + English) but not be able to speak a word of it? :colonhash:

It definitely is :yep:
You can submit audio recordings to get your pronunciation "marked" too which has helped me a lot already.
Reply 4752
:hello:
Reply 4753
Antifazian
It definitely is :yep:
You can submit audio recordings to get your pronunciation "marked" too which has helped me a lot already.

My accent is probably going to be TERRIBLE. :colonhash:
Should be fun though :awesome:
What are people using to learn another language?
Loz17
What are people using to learn another language?

Livemocha from the sounds of it.

I'm using Lingua Latina, but that's only for Latin.
Wooteh, Dave has a Mock The Week night on so says the narrator man. Except my Sky planner tells me at 9.40 Never Mind The Buzzcocks is on... I'm confused!

Got bought some things for Uni by my parents today. Got cooking utensils, pots and pans. Tesco Value 34p spatula. Can't go wrong :biggrin:
steffi.alexa
Livemocha from the sounds of it.

I'm using Lingua Latina, but that's only for Latin.

Signed up :h: but no idea how to use it :frown:
Still not done anything the past 2 weeks... it's only been one week and I am awesomely behind with my homework! Better do it tonight... oh how I wish I didn't have to worry about other nonsense then everything would be fine! Was going to do some UKCAT practice today and yesterday but that didn't happen, I need to buy that awesome book though!
Sparkly-Star
Still not done anything the past 2 weeks

Me neither, really. But, to be fair, we both had a lot of exams, and I think we deserve a bit of a break, especially since this Summer is probably going to be busier than usual. I know it's hard not to judge yourself harshly when you're dossing, but at least it's now instead of when we had exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending