The Student Room Group

Crest whitening strips/ teeth whitening in general

I really want to try the Crest whitening strips, but I have no idea where to get the best deal on them. I've tried Ebay, but I can't find a good deal as they all seem to be a rip off.

Can anyone help me either find a good deal, or find me an alternative?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh and I heard they strip enamel off your teeth, is this true? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Anyone?
Reply 3
I think there a few youtube videos with proper reviews on them, maybe they would be a bit more informative? Ohh and I heard that they work super fast if you use them in the sunbed with a massive grin on your face :smile:
Reply 4
Scabo0o
I think there a few youtube videos with proper reviews on them, maybe they would be a bit more informative? Ohh and I heard that they work super fast if you use them in the sunbed with a massive grin on your face :smile:

Thanks, I'll go and check them out. Any idea where I could get them from though?
Reply 5
Ebay is the only place I know of. And yeah they do strip the teeth over time thats why you only use them for a while, not every day for months.
Reply 6
I got a load of packs when I went to Canada. I think they are illegal here.
Anyway they do work is my experience so try ebay or amazon?
Reply 7
I really like Hollywood smile toothpaste, only costs a few quid and seems to work really well. The strips and self whitening kits scare me a bit, better to buy from a shop too as all of the whitening stuff will have been tested to be within the UK regualtions; stuff online doesn't have to be.
Reply 8
TinFish
I got a load of packs when I went to Canada. I think they are illegal here.
Anyway they do work is my experience so try ebay or amazon?

Yeah, they are illegal here I think, or at least they're not sold here. I'll have a gander, thanks :smile:
Reply 9
I got them off ebay about a year ago, Managed to last a week, but had to stop using them, as they made my teeth too sensitive to bear. It lasted a few weeks after stopping using them too. Wouldn't recommend.
Reply 10
I use them and have for about 2 years now there really good!
I get them off ebay from Canada yes they are a bit pricey but defiantly worth it!
But yes they do make your teeth sensitive after using them after about 2 weeks but i just leave it for a week then out it in like every other day
They are made of Hydrogen Peroxide, so be careful.
I would definitely stay away from such products tbh as the long term effects are unknown, especially that they are illegual in UK.
Reply 12
Unfortunately I think whitening's one of those things where you really should go to a dentist to have them tailor make the process to you and your teeth, rather than relying on a universal shop-bought product. I know it's tempting if you're looking to experiment or for a quick fix, but the strength of the bleaches and other chemicals they put in there can be quite abrasive, causing pain or even physical damage. People's teeth all have different compositions, some making them more susceptible to certain processes, and these products can't cater to that.
Reply 13
They are not sold in the UK because, from what I understand, the permited level of hydrogen peroxide for over the counter whiteners is 0.1%

http://www.library.nhs.uk/oralhealth/viewResource.aspx?resID=262850

The Crest whitestrips typically started at 6% and sometimes go upto 15%

http://crestwhitestrips.co.uk/whitening/pages/Crest-Whitestrips-Info.html

My view has always been and always will be that if they are sold in the American sue happy culture they are likely to be relatively safe and will therefore buy a pack whenever I'm across the pond. They also made quite a noticeable difference to my smile and for $20 it was money well spent.
Reply 14
I bought some Crest w/s from USA. I've used one of the strips, I just didn't find them comfortable for my liking.

If you're interested, and providing I can find them, I will post you them for free?

:smile:

Ruskii
I really want to try the Crest whitening strips, but I have no idea where to get the best deal on them. I've tried Ebay, but I can't find a good deal as they all seem to be a rip off.

Reply 15
Robbie_Tor
I bought some Crest w/s from USA. I've used one of the strips, I just didn't find them comfortable for my liking.

If you're interested, and providing I can find them, I will post you them for free?

:smile:

I'd love that, but I'm wary of giving out my address... Is there any way I can do it without giving my address? :s-smilie:
Reply 16
suuuuuuseh
Unfortunately I think whitening's one of those things where you really should go to a dentist to have them tailor make the process to you and your teeth, rather than relying on a universal shop-bought product. I know it's tempting if you're looking to experiment or for a quick fix, but the strength of the bleaches and other chemicals they put in there can be quite abrasive, causing pain or even physical damage. People's teeth all have different compositions, some making them more susceptible to certain processes, and these products can't cater to that.

The last time I went to the dentist for it my teeth got really sensitive and painful, whereas I've used a whitening product at home before and had no problems with it; it has been discontinued now which is why I'm looking for another product to replace it.
Ruskii

Baking Soda.
Reply 18
kiirstendaviies
Baking Soda.

If I could hack the taste I'd use it.
Ruskii
If I could hack the taste I'd use it.

It makes me feel sick. But works.

Latest