The Student Room Group
Depends on the popularity of the subject and where you want to study. The most popular courses will, most likely, have already been filled. But talk to admissions and see if there are places available. You might be able to blag a place at the last minute. But, given it's the holiday season, responses may take longer.

Which subject are you interested in studying? What unis are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 2
Go on findamasters.com
Reply 3
tigermoth99
Depends on the popularity of the subject and where you want to study. The most popular courses will, most likely, have already been filled. But talk to admissions and see if there are places available. You might be able to blag a place at the last minute. But, given it's the holiday season, responses may take longer.

Which subject are you interested in studying? What unis are you thinking of applying to?

London would be good. Is it better to phone admissions or the department directly? Thinking either something finance / economics related, or physics/maths.

Thanks
Reply 4
sayitright
Go on findamasters.com

Thanks - will try that
Reply 5
motoroller
London would be good. Is it better to phone admissions or the department directly? Thinking either something finance / economics related, or physics/maths.

Thanks

You might struggle if you are interested in economics or finance; at least with more prestigious universities, who are often oversubscribed. In addition, I noticed that research masters tend to have shorter application periods than taught programmes, so that is something else to look out for. Having said all that, however, you should still be able to find a place, especially given that people are finding out their results at the moment and choosing which options to take (i.e. rejecting a number of them too/not meeting their offers), which, like you, includes applying for the first time.

If I were you then I would find a programme and university that you like, and contact the departmental admissions 'person' rather than general admissions (this might not be possible) to see whether they have space etc., etc.. It will save you some time putting in a formal application, especially if they can fast track you.

Latest

Trending

Trending