The Student Room Group

University of London-Intercollegiate Halls 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gi.
Hey hey, Commonwealth Hall and KCL too. Will be reading Law at KCL.

I'll be reading the beano at kings. lol

HAHAH i'm going to commonwealth too and studying at KCL... apparently these accommodation don't have ensuites!!!

I've heard ensuites are overrated. Apparently a lot of the time they're small and everything's old and mouldy. Whereas shared bathrooms get cleaned :woo:

But disappointed we don't even have sinks though.
Reply 21
I got International Hall (first choice) :smile: and will study BA War Studies at KCL :biggrin:
Reply 22
Going to Commonwealth Hall and I'll be studying Philosophy and King's. :smile: See y'all on the 19th.
Reply 23
grenneh
I've got a room in Canterbury and I'll be doing Government at LSE, hoping there'll be a few other LSE people too.... :s

I'll be at LSE but I'll be living at College Hall though :o:
Reply 24
Nutford, Heythrop College, Philosophy and Theology.
Does anyone know how long it takes for people on the waiting list to be allocated a room?
Reply 26
ColoursAllTheTime
Not many have ensuits, but the Garden Halls (Hughes Parry, Commonwealth, Canterbury) don't even have wash basins.. I'm pretty disappointed by that.

you are kidding me! not even a wash basin! haha this is such a shame. what do you suggest do you think the social and location aspect will overwrite the problems?? also is this area mostly for home students? or a mixture..?? it seems that international students are getting the best accommodation like stamford st.
Reply 27
Commonwealth, KCL, English Language & Communication.

I think I'm most looking forward to having a darkroom in the same building! Does anyone know how big it is?
Reply 28
Commonwealth, studying MSc History of International Relations at the LSE. From New York, studied my BA in Government at Cornell University. Is Commonwealth going to be a hell-hole? It's cheap as f*** so I don't mind much, but still... any assurances/stories out there?
Argh, still haven't heard from accomodation (not on any waiting list either). Should I be worried!? I put intercollegiates (College Hall/Canterbury) as first choice.
jack.tang
you are kidding me! not even a wash basin! haha this is such a shame. what do you suggest do you think the social and location aspect will overwrite the problems?? also is this area mostly for home students? or a mixture..?? it seems that international students are getting the best accommodation like stamford st.

Yeah it's the location of the Intercollegiates that does it for me - having lived in Bloomsbury and Waterloo, not more than two blocks away from both the Garden Halls and Stamford St, I can safely say I prefer living in Bloomsbury. I'm also Strand Campus so the walk straight down Southampton Row/Kingsway is comparable to SSA in its convenience. I wouldn't say anywhere would be 'mostly home students' - a very large proportion of University of London students are from overseas and this will certainly be reflected in accommodation wherever you go.
polar_wrath11
Argh, still haven't heard from accomodation (not on any waiting list either). Should I be worried!? I put intercollegiates (College Hall/Canterbury) as first choice.

I'm not sure how UCL are doing it, but I'd give them a call today - I'm moving in in just over 3 weeks - it's pretty late in the day not to know I think.
Reply 32
Hughes Parry Hall - UCL, Law.

I've just been thinking... it's all a bit terrifying really.
*agridulce*
Hey I'm gonna be at Hughes Parry again.
I was there last year and loved it, even though the food was awful.
At first I was disappointed because I wanted ensuite/wash basin, but you get over that really quickly!
It's actually a great place to live and I think that the Garden Halls have the best location for accessing various parts of London. Theyre close to Camden, close to the Strand campus, not too far from Oxford Street... Same goes for most of the other intercollegiates!

Hey, do you have any idea about roughly what % of the students are postgrads?
Commonwealth and KCL Law! Are you guys absolutely sure there will be no wash basins? 100% positive? Please say no! :/
Sophia_And_Me
Commonwealth and KCL Law! Are you guys absolutely sure there will be no wash basins? 100% positive? Please say no! :/

No wash basins unfortunately.
Reply 36
I'm at UCL and apparently people in other London Colleges who has been offered an Intercollegiate hall accomodation can swap with me. so...Anyone like to swap for large single room Nutford house, catered?£21.70 per night. I would like to go for order of preference:

1)Connaught Hall
2)Commonwealth Hall
3)Hughes Parry Hall

Or any other offers , you can still message me if you like.
Haven't got another room, but I would like your room at nutford house!...worth a shot...
Reply 38
Shaka_Sound
Haven't got another room, but I would like your room at nutford house!...worth a shot...

sorry but I kinda need a room :p:
Reply 39
massih
i know this is a big shot, but would you be willing to swap for a single room at Nutford house??

that was what i wanted to! and unfortunately they wont process any swappings until the swap list is up which is around 18th of october even if you got a definite person to swap with... im so so so so annoyed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending