The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

A 'get to know you' thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I actually decided against ringing their office, i had a scout around the multiple correspondence i have off them and around friends that are going there and they all said July/August was when they allocate rooms etc. So my guess is that, as with other uni's (previous experience), if you live very far away from your campus they mark your application as priority or something similar. So its more or less certain you'll have a place before they even allocate.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
well either way the numbers there for any who want to give it a try i used it just confirm that i had my en-suite
Name: Kiera

What year are you in?: year 13, hopefull 09

What subject are you doing?: Music tech

What campus are you on?: Stafford

What are your favourite hobbies? Gigging, making music, playing music, drinking, friends, going out, laughing none stop, fashion, art, socailising,festivals, shopping, going out

Interests? music, laughing, alcohol

Food? umm kfc and pasta

Colour? loads

Books? hmm a few

Websites? facebook

Pets? dog and hampster

Describe yourself in 1 sentence: loud sociable music and life loving

What made your pick staffs? not sure i wanted to go to london but it was too expensive

Are you glad? Do you regret it?

Best thing about Staffs?

Worst thing?

How did you feel on the first day?

Did much settled in did you feel in freshers week?

Was it hard to make friends?

Anything you would like to say to prospective students?

What job would you like to do when you have left?
Reply 83
Name: whisperer (real name not important atm)

What year are you in? (If you are not there yet, just put 'hopeful' 08 or 09:Final

What subject are you doing/hoping to do? Film and Music Tech

What campus are you on/hoping to be on: Stafford

What are your favourite hobbies? Music, writing, reading, outdoors, animals, meeting new people, movies

Interests? see above

Food? Veggie

Colour? Black with a variant of colours

Books? Anything that grabs my attention

Websites? ask

Pets? Dog

Describe yourself in 1 sentence: Hard to

What made your pick staffs?
I suppose I must have had some kind of electrical accident that somehow deformed my brain to choose Stafford by default.

Are you glad? Do you regret it? Both

Best thing about Staffs? Learning new experiences, lessons in life, freedom from home, made some friends

Worst thing? Where do I start, not such an amazing experience but think of the positives :smile:

How did you feel on the first day? Oh crap there is so much to take in

Did much settled in did you feel in freshers week? Well I lived out of halls but was good

Was it hard to make friends? Nope

Anything you would like to say to prospective students? Don't have high expectations only realistic ones

What job would you like to do when you have left? Something in the creative industry
whisperer
Name: whisperer (real name not important atm)

What year are you in? (If you are not there yet, just put 'hopeful' 08 or 09:Final

What subject are you doing/hoping to do? Film and Music Tech

What campus are you on/hoping to be on: Stafford

What are your favourite hobbies? Music, writing, reading, outdoors, animals, meeting new people, movies

Interests? see above

Food? Veggie

Colour? Black with a variant of colours

Books? Anything that grabs my attention

Websites? ask

Pets? Dog

Describe yourself in 1 sentence: Hard to

I suppose I must have had some kind of electrical accident that somehow deformed my brain to choose Stafford by default.

Are you glad? Do you regret it? Both

Best thing about Staffs? Learning new experiences, lessons in life, freedom from home, made some friends

Worst thing? Where do I start, not such an amazing experience but think of the positives :smile:

How did you feel on the first day? Oh crap there is so much to take in

Did much settled in did you feel in freshers week? Well I lived out of halls but was good

Was it hard to make friends? Nope

Anything you would like to say to prospective students? Don't have high expectations only realistic ones

What job would you like to do when you have left? Something in the creative industry

Thats a tad worrying :s-smilie:
Reply 85
Bonyjoe
what halls have you applied to?

hehe cheers

Stafford, sorry for the delay.
Reply 86
i thought i'd replied to this thread..

Ah well, i'm fairly weird, that about sums me up!
Reply 87
inebriatedgoldfish
Thats a tad worrying :s-smilie:

I suppose you just dodge the bad parts and embrace the good. Avoid people who are negative about the experience (such as myself I suppose lol)
Reply 88
whisperer
I suppose you just dodge the bad parts and embrace the good. Avoid people who are negative about the experience (such as myself I suppose lol)

Lol, i wanna know your real name...curious ¬¬
Reply 89
Nate71
Lol, i wanna know your real name...curious ¬¬

I am not going to post my name on here but if you give me your email addy I'll send it to there. :cool:
Bonyjoe
Im hoping I share a flat with you now lol.

This made me laugh greatly! :woo: :yep:
I'm bringing this thread back! Seeing as the freshers don't seem to have created one of their own. I meet 2 of my best friends at uni (whom I'm living with this year) on tsr, so yeah, get to know each other it helps :smile:

Name:

What subject are you doing/hoping to do?

What campus are you on/hoping to be on:

What are your favourite hobbies?

Interests?

Food?

Colour?

Books?

Websites?

Pets?

Describe yourself in 1 sentence:

Are you glad? Do you regret it?

Best thing about Staffs?

Worst thing?

How did you feel on the first day?

Did much settled in did you feel in freshers week?

Was it hard to make friends?

Anything you would like to say to prospective students?

What job would you like to do when you have left?

Take care and I will most probably see some of you around campus :smile:
Reply 92
what did you think of your first year at Stafford then inebriatedgoldfish (sorry, forgot your name)..?
Reply 93
inebriatedgoldfish
This made me laugh greatly! :woo: :yep:

wow... crazy coincidence
noaksey
what did you think of your first year at Stafford then inebriatedgoldfish (sorry, forgot your name)..?

Tara and no problem

I enjoyed it as soon as I got a good group of friends round me. It took a while to get used to some of my fellow students. I'm used to eccentrics, but I'm not used to men running away when I say "hi" :rolleyes: . Or being the opposite and just not leaving me alone (gotta see the funny side).

I have very few complaints with the course and overall its been a good experience :smile:
Bonyjoe
wow... crazy coincidence

I know it really is, then again the fact that were all good friends is odd enough considering we meet on here :smile:
Reply 96
Name: dude_se :smile:

What subject are you doing/hoping to do? web dev

What campus are you on/hoping to be on: the crap one, work it out

What are your favourite hobbies? computers obviously lol

Interests? ok manybe computing is more of an interest, but who knows

Food? anything. a good mix of junk, but will stomach healthy stuff

Colour? black or dark blue or something. looks smart.

Books? lol no!

Websites? facebook i guess

Pets? i like cats, but do not have any (my mum does though)

Describe yourself in 1 sentence: fun, down to earth guy, that causes way too much havoc (despite being very quiet on the outside)

What made your pick staffs? you really do not want to know! even shocks me thinking about it!

Are you glad? Do you regret it? regretttt! (well considering why i picked it, i think i did kind of ok, but still regret).

Best thing about Staffs? small and cosy, so easy to get around the uni, etc

Worst thing? lack of girls, can get a bit too small and boring, etc, etc

How did you feel on the first day? a lot better than i did now lol. it was exciting, but boring as i didnt have access to resnet.

Did much settled in did you feel in freshers week? got to know stafford / the uni, but didnt really go out much. made a bit of a balls up of it all. was alright though, in a boring kind of way.

Was it hard to make friends? sure was!

Anything you would like to say to prospective students? staffords only as good as you want to make it! and its not like some unis which are naturally amazing. this one needs a bit of effort. put in some work though and you'll have fun!

What job would you like to do when you have left? no idea. a computer geek of some kind (minus the geek bit).
Reply 97
I cant be bothered fill it all out, but I will keep it brief. Doing my 3rd year at Stoke. Made a good circle of friends. Down to earth guy. And you will always find me getting junk food from the Uni Shop as well as the smoothies (I have one like everyday :coma:)

inebriatedgoldfish
I'm bringing this thread back! Seeing as the freshers don't seem to have created one of their own. I meet 2 of my best friends at uni (whom I'm living with this year) on tsr, so yeah, get to know each other it helps :smile:

Really? Never really heard of any people on TSR becoming real life friends. Thats quite interesting and good to hear too.
Nizzay!
I cant be bothered fill it all out, but I will keep it brief. Doing my 3rd year at Stoke. Made a good circle of friends. Down to earth guy. And you will always find me getting junk food from the Uni Shop as well as the smoothies (I have one like everyday :coma:)

Really? Never really heard of any people on TSR becoming real life friends. Thats quite interesting and good to hear too.

Yeah it surprised me, their my closest friends at uni. I would not have known one of them at all if it were not for TSR. :smile:
Reply 99
It may have been because instead of asking loads of pointless questions all over the place and never having any real conversations like most on tsr we all had big skype chats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending