The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nope, my parents won't let us smoke full stop, let alone in the house. :biggrin: When I was about 13/14, my mum told me that if she ever caught me smoking, she'd stop my allowance. Not really necessary anyway... I don't smoke through my own choice, not because of my parents. :p:

My nan smokes, but she tries to keep it away from us. When we go over to her house, she stays in the kitchen if she's smoking. If she's visiting us, she takes it out into the back garden. :yep:
I don't smoke. Nor do I live with my parents. :dontknow:
Oh my god, not a chance, she'd die rather than let anyone smoke in the house! Thankfully none of us do smoke, but whenever my uncle comes over he's banished to the garden... which is good, because a really smoke-filled house is so rank.
Reply 43
I don't smoke but my dad does, and he does it outside, presumably because my mum made him (he's done it since before I was born) but also probably to avoid second hand smoking for us.

I wouldn't let anyone smoke inside my house because of the smell, it gets in the walls and fabrics and all of my friends houses where people smoke inside, their clothes always stink of it.
Reply 44
No, infact my Mum actually accuses me of smoking weed in the house because downstairs do it? And I cant smoke out the window, because it overlooks a drive where all my neighbours see and then report me to my Mum?! Luckily I live near some countryside so when the world gets to much I just have a relaxing walk with a rollup.

HEDM22
I hope peoples parents don't! Smoking really is a disgusting habit (it harms yourself, those around you and pollutes our sky's). There's a thread up at the moment about a boy who is 11 and has started smoking. I thought people just didn't really do it anymore...at least among our generation.

Alcohol harms others, mobile phones harm others, driving harms others. Infact a lot of things harm others around you.
Reply 45
I don't smoke, but if I did, my parents would let me smoke in the house. Because they smoke.
I hate it, though.
Reply 46
Ah ffs smoking :facepalm2: Each to their own I guess but I've promised my friends that they can beat me up if I ever start smoking :mob:
My parents are ok since 18 - my dad smokes - my mum doesnt like it and complains from time to time but she tolerates it and I usually only smoke in my bedroom
Reply 48
I don't smoke, but my parents wouldn't allow me to smoke in the house if I did. I don't have a problem with othe rpeople smoking though, one of my best friends does.
I don't let anyone smoke in my house.......so the other way round!
Question to people who smoke in their rooms/bathroom, how can your parents not notice? It stinks, even the hall outside your room must stink.

People sometimes smoke in the close outside our flat and it makes every room in my flat smell like cigarettes, even my bathroom which is as far as you could get to the front door as possible.

:smokin: :stink:
foxo
Unfortunately a lot of folk our age who don't smoke are militant and obnoxious about it. They've lapped up the government funded adverts and personal education videos chastising smokers but are quite amusingly proponents of 'tolerance and diversity' in most other areas. Absolute cretins.

Hey Foxo, good to see you around these parts again, and still talking sense. The anti smoking frenzy really irritates me, and I don't even smoke cigarettes.
Reply 52
CandyFlipper
Hey Foxo, good to see you around these parts again, and still talking sense. The anti smoking frenzy really irritates me, and I don't even smoke cigarettes.

Cheers tis_me_lord. :yy:
foxo
Cheers tis_me_lord. :yy:

:shh:
Reply 54
when i used to be a stoner i would always smoke in my room. I'd just stick my head out of them massive loft windows :smile:
Reply 55
When I'm home from uni I smoke in my garage (attached to my house). I prefer going outside though.
kristinaalovesu
nope, because i dont smoke and no one in my family is smoking. :smile:

:yep:
This.
Reply 57
ha, no, because they would probably disown me if they managed to find hardcore evidence that i smoked
i used to smoke in my bathroom window after everyone had gone to bed, then i got cocky and tried smoking out of my bedroom window
i had to spend the next half hour running around the house pretending to check stoves and laptops for possible fires :|

i would like to have the freedom to smoke around the house though, except i might think differently when everything starts to stink of smoke
It's gross to do it inside, when my parents smoked they would never do it around their children. That's a bit :/ I wouldn't want my house stinking of fags
Well my dad kind of knows I smoke so I do in my room at his, and in the rest of the house when he isn't around. He smokes like a chimney though so he'd never really know. My mum still doesn't know I smoke, so when I'm at hers I only do it in the garden when everyone is out. I'm 17.

Latest

Trending

Trending