The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I stalled on a hill at some traffic lights, the car rolled and i went for the brake and looked over at the examiner who went for the pedals too, she had her feet on them. I thought then i'd failed with a serious error, but i didn't! i only got marked down for stalling :O I couldn't believe it, i always assumed if they had to go for their pedals, it was an instant fail, but nope. :biggrin: Another thing i thought id get majored for is on my reverse around the corner, i thought i did it well and forgot to do any cockpit checks :O i remembered just as i started to pull off so i put the handbrake on without braking, lol and checked around. Got a minor for that. Then she said go straight on at the roundabout, when i got on the roundabout i completely forgot what she said, so i just signalled left and went left lol. So got a minor for signalling late :biggrin:, then my final minor was for pulling out on someone at a roundabout, but they were miles away. So 4 minors later i passed first time on Thursday :biggrin:
xoxogossipgirlx
it takes about 2 weeks

Thanks it arrived today, only took 5 days lol.

Good luck with your test.
Just stay calm and try not to worry about it!
Chayne
LOL, that's lucky - I could totally see me doing the same thing in that situation. At least you didn't get any minors for it too ;D

And ahahaha, I had an old examiner too! Must've been over 60. He had these huge ancient sunglasses over glasses type of things... I remember nearly crashing when I turned to look at him and saw him suddenly wearing them.

Huge ancient sunglasses? ROFL. Oh well, at least we passed! :woo:

When I get a car, I'm gonna do what my friend do and drive with no hands! And when people are about to get out of my car, I will drive off. :cool:

Hi-5!
Reply 2963
I passed today, 2 minors! Just in time as I go to uni in a week!
YAY I PASSED! First time, although the examiner said I was the absolute lowest standard he was allowed to pass :lol:

But it's still a pass :smile:
JecAL
Yay passed my test first time, theory first time too!! Lol i did get 7 minors which is a shame but that was because i mucked up my parallel park a little lol YIPEEEEEE!!

why what did you do??
if you mess it up can you go back and do it correctly cos i messed mine today by going on the kirb but then went back and did it correctly but if i hadn't touched the kirb and went back and did it correctly, would i've got a major??
WOOOP I passed :P
Reply 2967
fahadalhasan
WOOOP I passed :P

Congrats!! :woo: :woo: :woo:
I PASSED =D 5 Minors 3rd attempt =)
Passed 3rd time 9 minors, so glad it's over!!
Yeaah! 2nd time pass. Such a relief it's over! :biggrin:
iBrass
Congrats!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Thanks, I passed first time! :woo: :woo: :woo:
Test tomorrow :eek: Should be fine though, now that I'm remembering that I'm 30 ft long :P
Passed on Tues, 4th attempt, 5minors. Had first drive in a petrol car today (having learnt in a diesel) and managed to stall twice at the same lights. Most stressful thing ever.
Reply 2974
Passed first time earlier today - one minor (that was for the show me, tell me stuff)! :eek:
Passed second time today! :biggrin:
4 minors - 2 of which were because he was looking out of the window instead of looking at me doing my mirror checks :shifty:
i didnt pass on monday !!! grrr soooo frustrating........ rebooked for october......
guess this means ill be doing the indepedndent driving thingy any advice?
Passed today, 2nd time round sooo happy :smile:

now need to find 3000 quid for insurence :mad:
CityOfMyHeart
Passed second time today! :biggrin:
4 minors - 2 of which were because he was looking out of the window instead of looking at me doing my mirror checks :shifty:

Oh wow I have my 2nd tomorrow at 8/20 am - Any tips? :frown:
RevisingHard
Oh wow I have my 2nd tomorrow at 8/20 am - Any tips? :frown:

Just take care with everything you do. If you're unsure whether to stop at a zebra crossing or whatever, then just stop just in case. It's better to stop and wait than to run someone over :rolleyes:

Be cautious; don't go at 10mph all the time but go round corners slowly, always check your mirrors etc. Make them feel safe... And make it seem like you have complete control of the car :smile:

Good luck, let us know how you do!

Latest

Trending

Trending