The Student Room Group

AQA INFO3 June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
ahhhhh **** i thought its more detailed if u your higher up stupid me
Reply 141
Yeh I also put summarised for tact/strat as well as high detail/medium detail.
what did you guys write for the 20 marker? that was so vague and i didnt really know how organisations cope with it? :/

i just wrote about like people not needing record companies or retail people selling cd's anymore because people use entertainment (internet) to distribute their own material. and teleworking (social? i had no idea) and e-commerce.

bah
Reply 143
Talked about e-commerce, copyright stuff regarding downloadable content, devices being able to do more such as a mobile being able to do everything so less equipment is needed for staff etc, I waffled a lot I think. :l
Reply 144
Flopped that test. I don't think I will get an A level in this. Just an AS Level :frown:
Reply 145
I changed my sytle a bit for the 20 marker as the max i seemed to get was 13 marks. instead of writing 3 long paragraphs i wrote 6-7 shorter paragraphs. what did everyone else do for that?
Reply 146
I forgot to mention e-commerce but i spoke about how it allows people to work from home and on the go if travelling a lot. Spoke about legislations and how organisations have to abide by these to prevent hackers etc. Spoke about training and disciplinary :/ Urm spoke about how they now have to monitor employees screen and keep an eye on email so no abuse is going on. Hmm wrote about how mobiles etc allows them to communicate far away using video conferencing and how its good as they can let their boss know if they are running late to a meeting via mobile phone. Urm then i kinda got stuck. I dnt even no if i went about it the write way tbh it was such a vague question.
Reply 147
Nathun
Are you sure :s-smilie:?

At strategic level I thought they'd require the most detail since it would involve stuff such as opening a new store?

Where as operational would require the least detail since it would be like an employee re-stocking shelves in a supermarket? :s-smilie:

Ah, I've probably failed then :<!

Urm yeah, i feel bad telling you this as you seem so disheartened already, but people at the strategic level dont have time to go through loads of detailed information as they are too busy making decisions such as what you said. They tend to just get an overall look at the company as a whole whereas, operational staff would have to look at loads of stuff on stock etc :/ dont stress about it too much i mean i could be wrong. It was only 9 marks and you could have still got the marks for the other bits within the grid? Im hoping they will lower the grade boundaries because a lot of people seemed to mess up on the last 2 questions which were like worth nearly half the paper!!
Reply 148
Jesus I did not expect the exam to make us write so much, essay after essay! My hand was literally dead after the exam lol

I thought this one went better then the Jan one. Got a strong B in the coursework so im hoping I get a decent C in the exam fingers crossed!
Reply 149
bogooner
Jesus I did not expect the exam to make us write so much, essay after essay! My hand was literally dead after the exam lol

I thought this one went better then the Jan one. Got a strong B in the coursework so im hoping I get a decent C in the exam fingers crossed!

I always go in to ICT exams expecting short questions, I get in, open the Booklet, oh look, a nice long question, oh look and another, and another and another and another, OH MY GOD 2 MARKS THANK GOD!
Reply 150
Boomy
I always go in to ICT exams expecting short questions, I get in, open the Booklet, oh look, a nice long question, oh look and another, and another and another and another, OH MY GOD 2 MARKS THANK GOD!

Haha exactly what I thought. To be honest AQA could have given us much harder questions on Globemob and im suprised they didnt because they have been such pricks with this subject at A2 that I just expected the worst.

I didnt even bother looking at emerging technologies because I thought it was too simple for them to put in and the fact that technology has advanced even more over the year lol but yeah the last question about entertainment wern't too bad considering I didnt even look at it.
Reply 151
Do you all know what you got in the coursework already ?

Our teacher has not given us the raw mark :frown:
Reply 152
My teacher gave me an A* and she is a really harsh marker. The moderators marked it down and I ended up with a high B. I was gutted coz I didn't have enough time to re do it and submit it again. So even more pressure on exam results.
wow i got 119/120 :smile: !! what bout u lot
Reply 154
mercedes-xo
wow i got 119/120 :smile: !! what bout u lot

120/120 :woo:

Can't believe it - although it certainly was an easier paper than January.
Reply 155
3) Ms Broussard expressed some concerns about the use of external services (2.3)

A) What potential problems can occur through outsourcing? (4M)
Most of the professional from the origin country feared that they will lost their career due to outsourcing. Actually these career are mostly low level and non risk position in the companies like inbound customer service and telemarketing services. Those who will be affected are newly graduate or less experience employee that has a working descriptions like this.

B)What are the advantages from outsourcing? (5M)
There are many benefits to the investor when they outsource the job.
1. Usually it saves the investors more than 75% of the original labor and production cost.
2. They get better result because of higher salary offers, virtual assistant from host country are usually degree holder and even master degree of specific fields.
3. Employers can maximize the flexibility and talents of labor from host county.
Reply 156
cyborg
Anyone else doing this exam ?

Not looking forward to it - 2 hours of fast writing :frown:

At least the pre-release we have seems easier than the specimen paper though.

Hello
I am doing this exam this year and was just wondering when did you actually receive the pre-release material

This is the first year my college has taught a level ict so first a2 year is this year...the teacher isnt really an a level teacher and has never taught this course before either

Just wondered if there are any tips you can give me??

Reply 157
Noj2202
Hello
I am doing this exam this year and was just wondering when did you actually receive the pre-release material

This is the first year my college has taught a level ict so first a2 year is this year...the teacher isnt really an a level teacher and has never taught this course before either

Just wondered if there are any tips you can give me??

The pre-release is only given out a few months before the exam. You can find it on the AQA website here.

I used this textbook which was excellent and covered the whole spec.
Reply 158
cyborg
The pre-release is only given out a few months before the exam. You can find it on the AQA website here.

I used this textbook which was excellent and covered the whole spec.

Thats actually great help you don tknow how much! i will look into getting it and thank you very much

How did you find the a2 level and what did you get in the exam and coursework?

Cheers again!
Reply 159
Noj2202
Thats actually great help you don tknow how much! i will look into getting it and thank you very much

How did you find the a2 level and what did you get in the exam and coursework?

Cheers again!

The A2 was not too bad - the project requires excellent time management skills; and start working on it immediately. As for INFO3, the textbook really helped - especially with the key points at the end of each chapter.

I ended up with 78/80 in the coursework and 120/120 in the INFO3 exam :smile: (I know, I still can't believe it; thought it didn't do too well :p: )

Quick Reply