The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Fed up of going against the world to continue at uni

I've reached my limit of stress and I think I'm about ready to quit now. I started plymouth university last year and I had an awful time. I was very depressed so I transferred to staffs uni and moved back home. It took me a couple of months to get back to normal. My work was terrible, probably the worst coursework id done in a long while. I took a module and hated it. I was told i passed the course and would be able to return next year.

Over the summer holidays I was sent a threatening email from staffs telling me i wouldn't be let back in unless i paid the outstanding fees but since it was through an email i didn't receive it until two months after it was sent. After a lot of panicking and after ringing student finance to talk to someone who's accent i couldn't understand and getting no where i sent a letter to both explaining the situation.

A month or so later staffs said they wont be handing me over to their "legal team" but i should pay them quickly. after being told someone would call be back in a weeks time at staffs i rang again to finally discover student finance had paid plymouth instead of staffs. Fortunately I could get the flag taken off my name allowing me to enrol but now I cant do it because i have coursework or a test to resit which i know nothing about. No one has contacted me about it. No emails have been sent. Blackboard is useless, my portal is useless. So after all that I'm STILL back to square one: not being able to enrol. Shall I just give up?
Ya i think so.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Without knowing the courses etc, and what year you're in .... I'll make an assumption that you're first year.

If university is something that you want to do, I'd suggest redoing the first year. That will mean that you won't have to do any resits before you can enrol etc.

However, if you don't want to continue with uni, you need to think what you'll do instead - will you be able to get a job etc?

People are around to help etc... Unfortunately, many of the people that you ring, can at times be less than useful. :frown:
Reply 3
Never give up, contact ur personal tutor and see if they can advise u, if they're no help contact the head of department, keep going until u get somewhere...if you enjoy ur degree and uni go for it, cuz you might end up regretting dropping out.
I wouldn't worry about it, I advise you talk to the head of the department, they should be understanding. Its possibly a case of you just not getting through to the right person, keep calling, they are there to help you. You could redo the modules you failed as well as your second year modules (I believe that's an option but ask) if you think you can handle it.

Don't give up :smile:
Sounds like a real headache. I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but since you've got this far I think you should carry on :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending