Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

wait for new HTC or buy Wildfire

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it is better to wait for HTC Desire HD so the price of HTC Desire falls and get that or get a Wildfire.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The wildfire is pretty awesome as my dad has that and i have another HTC and there isnt a lot of difference between the two, its more the design, which is a personal preference, either way HTC phones seem pretty timeless so you cant go wrong with either.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueyedtori)
    The wildfire is pretty awesome as my dad has that and i have another HTC and there isnt a lot of difference between the two, its more the design, which is a personal preference, either way HTC phones seem pretty timeless so you cant go wrong with either.
    But as soon as the Desire HD is released, won't the price of the wildfire go down a lot?? Im facing the same problem as the OP, i dont know which one to get
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's not been any word of a price drop. I think it's probably just going to be a slightly higher price for the HD and Z than it is for the Desire. Anything you get told is going to be nothing more than guesswork though.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Won't the HTC Desire HD be way more expensive than the Wildfire? But, if you can, yeah I'd wait for the Desire HD as I'm not really sure the Wildfire is very fairly priced considering what it is, whereas I think the Desire HD is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Monkey)
    There's not been any word of a price drop. I think it's probably just going to be a slightly higher price for the HD and Z than it is for the Desire. Anything you get told is going to be nothing more than guesswork though.
    Doubt a price drop because that it done to clear remaining stock. HTC aren't overstocked as the phones are selling like hotcakes, so supply will just dry up naturally and it will be replaced by HD.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    The Desire HD really shouldn't affect sales of the Wildfire considering the different markets they target.

If you are lucky the Desire and MAYBE the Legend will go down in price but :iiam:
    This. I've said this before. The HD and Wilfdire don't compete in the same markets at best you'll see a small drop in Desire prices but then again they aren't really competitive with each other. when you factor in massive demand for the Desire I'd be surprised if there was any significant price drops.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a Desire and I love it... there was just something about the Wildfire I didn't like, not sure what. If I were the OP, I'd wait for the Desire HD... or get the Desire. The Wildfire is good, but smaller and the processor isn't as good but still a decent phone. That being said, the Desire HD looks amazing, I'm kind of wishing it had come out when I needed a new phone a month ago...
    I'd wait and get the Desire HD if you can afford it, if not I'd go for the normal Desire over the Wildfire but that's just me..
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Desire won't necessarily decrease in price because the HD comes out, as other have explained, but in any case the Desire is definitely worth the money in my opinion.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_smurf)
    But as soon as the Desire HD is released, won't the price of the wildfire go down a lot?? Im facing the same problem as the OP, i dont know which one to get
    Iphone 4. Because it will get you laid.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Having a choice between the Desire HD or the Wildfire is pretty silly, they are completely different phones aimed at completely different markets. The HD is an expensive high spec phone, Wildfire is a fairly cheap budget phone. The HD is a behemoth of a phone, the Wildfire is fairly small (well, smaller than Desire & Desire HD at any rate).

If you want the best phone, get the HD. If you don't want a giant phone, get the Desire. If you don't have the money and don't mind getting a phone which has some cheaper components to save costs, get the Wildfire. The Desire won't be decreasing in price since the Desire HD isn't there to replace the Desire.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i just got the wildfire the other day its sooooo good i love it!!
    buuut the desire is BETTER is quicker and has a bigger screen.
    so it just depends really. i really wanted the desire but it was too expensive so i just got the wildfire on ebay and i'm really happy with it... depends if u need latest technology or not.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think i may have not been clear (my fault) i dont want Desire HD but was hoping that Desire fall in price or just get the wildfire

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 19, 2010
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.