The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Start of term... excited much?

YES Reading freshers!

So who here is excited to be starting at Reading? Literally only a handful of days away until the madness of Freshers' Fortnight - I don't know about the rest of you but I'm planning on hitting it pretty hard each and every evening :tongue:

I hope that the returners floating round TSR are looking forward to campus filling up again... Reading really isn't as much fun in the height of summer when the only people you bump into whilst having a fag are lecturers. They're a decent sort but it's just not quite the same is it...

Anyway - I hope you're all bursting at the seams to get here. Next weekend cannot roll around soon enough - give a big shout to everyone coming this way soon! Make some noise!

Scroll to see replies

Could not agree more, literally can not WAIT for Sunday to come around! And yes, definitely gonna be hitting freshers week hard, every night! x
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
:woo:
Woo!
Not long, not long at all.
Reply 3
Returning for second year.
Really can not wait!! SO excited!!!
x
Reply 4
excited is an understatement!!!
Reply 5
me and the boys set ourselves a little port challenge the other night in preparation for you freshers arriving :wink:
4 days :woo:
Reply 7
I finally got a letter saying i have met the conditions of my return (a form from my doctor saying im not mental in anyway) from a broken leg. and just in time. so im pretty excited now!
Reply 8
You know what I'm looking forward to, and its going to happen on Monday Morning.

Wasting mornings in Café Mondial again. Its the thing I really miss over the holidays.
Reply 9
Russell Ede
You know what I'm looking forward to, and its going to happen on Monday Morning.

Wasting mornings in Café Mondial again. Its the thing I really miss over the holidays.

Ohh - I might bring the laptop down and work from Mondial for the morning :-)
Fresher this year and can't wait! Everyone's gone off to uni already, so it's definitely our turn to party :smile:
Reply 11
A mixture of excitment and enxiety for me. I'm sure once i get into it I'll have loads of fun.
staring.space
Fresher this year and can't wait! Everyone's gone off to uni already, so it's definitely our turn to party :smile:

You might say that we have to party even harder to make up for it... :yes:
Tom Gilchrist
You might say that we have to party even harder to make up for it... :yes:

I like your style. :cool:
Reply 14
Well I've started having nightmares about it so I reckon my brain is excited.
Reply 15
jeeeeeez I move down there tomorrow.. Arghhhgghshsnmn,hvf.
:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
spike1707
jeeeeeez I move down there tomorrow.. Arghhhgghshsnmn,hvf.
:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Tomorrow? Where ya staying?
On an excitement scale of 1-10, I'm on 38 =D
Reply 18
Tom Gilchrist
Tomorrow? Where ya staying?

Hotel nr Reading centre I thinks.

Edit; If not, I'm essentially homeless till sunday :cool:
Good old parental organisation skills..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Excited, with just a hint of "OHMYGOD IT'S REAL *PANIC*" :yep: