The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Official Loughborough Applicants Thread 2011

Hi All:smile:

This is a thread for all of us applying to Loughborough Uni in 2010 (for 2011 entry or deferred 2012 entry).

Name your course and subject and chatter away:smile:

I'm applying for Communications and Media AND for Politics with Minor (communications and Media)

xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mathematics G100 :biggrin:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Human Biology! :biggrin:
Aaah it's starting already! Hello 2011 freshers :wink:
Reply 4
polka_dott
Aaah it's starting already! Hello 2011 freshers :wink:

:smile: Hi, Im guessing you're at Loughborough, what is the town like? I heard there arent many shops.
dime_piece
:smile: Hi, Im guessing you're at Loughborough, what is the town like? I heard there arent many shops.

Well. I have only been here a few days but the town centre is a bit bigger than what I thought it was. So far I have seen an M&S, Sainsburys, Tesco, Next, Topshop, Primark, Boots, Savers, Sports Shop, Waterstones, Superdrug... did you have a particular one in mind? :biggrin: I think you can get everything you need in Loughborough really.

Also depends what you are used to - if you come from a big city it will obviously seem a bit small but I see no reason why you can't have a great time!!
Reply 6
Spell the thread right guys :wink:
Reply 7
Retailing, marketing and management! :biggrin:
Reply 8
chemical engineering~

any idea abt when the uni is going to make the decision?
oct,nov,dec,jan?
Reply 9
Industrial Design
Reply 10
Psychology :yep:
Reply 11
Applying to do Industrial Design :biggrin:

Have really got my heart set on Loughborough now, went to look around the town and it seems so small compared to Birmingham XD really hope I get in.

A question I have is the website says requirement of 300 ucas points. So do you recieve your offer in terms of ucas? For example, my predicted grades are going to Loughborough as ABB (thought I'd play it safe) so if I get an offer of ABB and then recieve A*BC (I think this is looking quite likely now, according to my teachers anyway) would I still get the place? Also how big are they on your sixth form attendence records?
Reply 12
Accounting and financial management :smile: thinking about making it my firm or insurance depending on what warwick says :biggrin:
I been told about the amazing campus so many times I'm really jealous. such a pity i can't come and go on open days being an international student :frown:

anyone who does or applying to this course PM me :biggrin:
Reply 13
In order to progress your application further, we need scanned copies of your results. In particular: Your Bulgarian diploma Za Sredno Obrazovanie. We require both the original and translated version.

Please scan and email these to me as soon as possible. Please ensure you quote your UCAS personal ID number in any correspondence.

We are unable to make a decision regarding your application until we receive this information from you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

anyone recieved something like that? :o:

I want to study BSc International Business !
(edited 13 years ago)
Mathematics G100
Reply 15
Chemical Engineering MEng
I really want to get into this uni!
Reply 16
Mathematics G103 :biggrin:

Kiwiiiii
In order to progress your application further, we need scanned copies of your results. In particular: Your Bulgarian diploma Za Sredno Obrazovanie. We require both the original and translated version.

Please scan and email these to me as soon as possible. Please ensure you quote your UCAS personal ID number in any correspondence.

We are unable to make a decision regarding your application until we receive this information from you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

anyone recieved something like that? :o:

I want to study BSc International Business !

yup, I got something like this for my maths A2 which I took a year early but my head of sixth form emailed them and sorted it out :smile:
IanLim93
Accounting and financial management :smile: thinking about making it my firm or insurance depending on what warwick says :biggrin:
I been told about the amazing campus so many times I'm really jealous. such a pity i can't come and go on open days being an international student :frown:

anyone who does or applying to this course PM me :biggrin:

Hurrah, welcome!
polka_dott

I see you are a english student :smile: I'm applying for English at Lboro, how are you finding it? Also, do you think I have a good change of getting in with my grades just out of interest? thanks xxxx
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
computer science !

Quick Reply