The Student Room Group

The Barbelles Society: Ladies Who Lift

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for the attack guys! Daym, can't even offer some helpful advice these days :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
lmao :cool: my post is reccomending swimming, it aint rejecting weight lifting. try not to call me a douche next time since clearly your the douche. also im speaking as a swimmer/ weightlifter myself who trains with the same group of people both male and FEMALE. The ideal balance for a female is probably something like 60% swimming to 40% weight lifting for optimum results.

PLEASE can you tell me the formula you used to calculate these 'ideal' percentages? I'd love to know how I can apply this to find the optimum percentages for time spent trolling vs time satisfied by said trolling.
Peace0fM1nd
The ideal balance for a female is probably something like 60% swimming to 40% weight lifting for optimum results.

Shame we aren't all out to get the body that you consider to be optimum. I'll decide what's optimum for me, thank you very much, as will other females.
Reply 103
Thanks for the attack guys! Daym, can't even offer some helpful advice these days :s-smilie:

It wasn't helpful, that's why people criticised it.

Also, we advocate mixed weight-lifting and cardio, so it was also entirely uneccessary. If someone here wants to swim, they will swim.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by el pollo diablo
Yes, heaven forbid girls choose the activity they enjoy the most as the one to do.

Girl, you know we're meant to look how men want us to look. Where have you been?
Original post by Shawshank
PLEASE can you tell me the formula you used to calculate these 'ideal' percentages? I'd love to know how I can apply this to find the optimum percentages for time spent trolling vs time satisfied by said trolling.

pfft, typical. I'l tel you with an attitude like that I pity you. i personally say the ideal ratio of swimming to weight lifting is 'PROBABLY' 60/40. you should realise sooner than later, not everything in training equates to an absolute equation darling. if you disagree with me then no problem go and figure it out, from my own training it holds the best results. Also, in future please READ my posts before quoting me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by Supfresh.
Tbf, this chick probably has better knowledge on the Olympic lifts than the majority of teenage males. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkOVWtxBtu8

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :biggrin: She is awesome. I wish I could Snatch like her :frown:
Sorani
Girl, you know we're meant to look how men want us to look. Where have you been?

:biggrin: Spending too much time around modern guys who consider females to be their equals. I forget how many are still stuck in the 1950s!
Original post by Sorani
It wasn't helpful, that's why people criticised it.

Also, we advocate mixed weight-lifting and cardio, so it was also entirely uneccessary. If someone here wants to swim, they will swim.

big difference between criticise and attack. callin me a douche and that :confused:
pfft, typical. I'l tel you with an attitude like that I pity you. i personally say the ideal ratio of swimming to weight lifting is 'PROBABLY' 60/40. you should realise sooner than later, not everything in training equates to an absolute equation darling. if you disagree with me then no problem go and figure it out, from my own training it holds the best results. Also, in future please READ my posts before quoting me.

That's exactly what I was getting at :facepalm:
Peace0fM1nd
i personally say the ideal ratio of swimming to weight lifting is 'PROBABLY' 60/40. you should realise sooner than later, not everything in training equates to an absolute equation darling. if you disagree with me then no problem go and figure it out, from my own training it holds the best results.

The best results for WHAT?! For women to get the kind of body YOU desire? Is it really beyond your comprehension that some girls train because they like how it feels? And that some girls train for sports-performance purposes? Or that girls who train to change how their body looks aren't necessarily aiming for your preferred female body shape?
Original post by Shawshank
That's exactly what I was getting at :facepalm:

and anyway, bigman. how many lengths can you do? what are you pressing? let the action talk, words don't mean anything its all about results and i will stick to what works! 60/40
Reply 112
I like training because it keeps me fit and stuff.
Arguing is boring! Post more cute videos!
Original post by el pollo diablo
The best results for WHAT?! For women to get the kind of body YOU desire? Is it really beyond your comprehension that some girls train because they like how it feels? And that some girls train for sports-performance purposes? Or that girls who train to change how their body looks aren't necessarily aiming for your preferred female body shape?

For YOU darling. For all of the reasons you mentioned. Enjoy good health, look good and feel good basically :cool: isn't this what evryone wants?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 114
and anyway, bigman. how many lengths can you do? what are you pressing? let the action talk, words don't mean anything its all about results and i will stick to what works! 60/40

How many lengths in what time? What stroke? What length pool?

I realise I am being a hypocrite by saying "arguing is boring" and then getting involved but I couldn't help it.
Reply 115
Original post by Becca
I like training because it keeps me fit and stuff.
Arguing is boring! Post more cute videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32nE0eOHYuU

Not perfect, but adorabibble!
Original post by Becca
How many lengths in what time? What stroke? What length pool?

I realise I am being a hypocrite by saying "arguing is boring" and then getting involved but I couldn't help it.

i admire your willingness to participate, but honestly its not worth it. i only posted that for Shawshank since he is the guy who knows all about results and optimum performance. thanks anyway, i'm sure your pretty good in the pool though :cool:
Reply 117

Edit: Saw you were talking to Shawshank.

If you want to discuss swimming, then make a thread dedicated to that subject, this is the lifting thread. I'm sure a swimming thread would actually be pretty popular if there isn't one already.
(edited 13 years ago)

Don't know and don't know, but that's completely besides the point. I'm not acting big, just you're posting ridiculous things here when maybe you should just keep yourself to yourself. This isn't about who can swim the most lengths or lift the most, this is about you being a douchebag.

Hopefully Chocoholic can delete all this nonsense at some point.
Reply 119
Original post by Sorani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32nE0eOHYuU

Not perfect, but adorabibble!

Wow, she's way better than me anyway! Blue candy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest