The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joestevens2092
I love it, and I'm a guy and heterosexual.

:biggrin:
Reply 81
MERLIN = LOVE

Oh and Arthur... :drool:

This season's been great :biggrin:
Original post by penelope18

Original post by penelope18

Oh and Arthur... :drool:

second that
Reply 83
Original post by lonely14
Do you know how Uther is going to die?

He might not die, he could well

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by SirMasterKey

Original post by SirMasterKey

Spoiler

That would make sense

Spoiler

there was definitely some LOTR in that episode :smile:
Original post by wabbajack123

It was amazing! I'm still grinning now :grin:.
Reply 88
Original post by wabbajack123

Aaah glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

Colin Morgan is just so :drool: Mmmmm :sexface:
"Alllooooooooooooone" :biggrin:
Reply 90
"What the hell are you doing here?!"

:rofl:
Reply 91
Tonight's episode was brilliant :biggrin: ( Just watched it on iplayer)
Reply 92
I'm sure Arthur is jealous of the Merlin-Gwain romance lol there was some definite man-love this episode
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 93
Haven't watched the latest episode (yet) so no spoilers (unless placed in spoiler brackets :teeth:), but what do you all think of Morgana's character development this season? I know there's supposed to be a drastic change, but I'd love a little extra background story ... Also, while she started off beautifully diabolical, I'm starting to think that the character has tapered off a bit, and now seems a little more petty and selfish than anything else. She plays the "you poisoned me" card far too much IMHO. Am I the only one?

I love Merlin, but this season is just ... well, put it this way. If I see another bloody filler episode I will :rant:
(edited 13 years ago)
I do love how they have begun to inject some character into Gius (episode 3, and it looks like episode 9)

It's exactly what he has been missing - he was totally unjustified as a character up until now. He was a 'wise old wizard' and that was pretty much the only reason for him existing.

I found him very unconvincing, and am disappointed that it has taken 2 whole series to finally give him a back story and some attention - but really think that now they have spent a little time on him the whole programme (particularly his relationship with Merlin) is greatly improved.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by asparkyn
Haven't watched the latest episode (yet) so no spoilers (unless placed in spoiler brackets :teeth:), but what do you all think of Morgana's character development this season? I know there's supposed to be a drastic change, but I'd love a little extra background story ... Also, while she started off beautifully diabolical, I'm starting to think that the character has tapered off a bit, and now seems a little more petty and selfish than anything else. She plays the "you poisoned me" card far too much IMHO. Am I the only one?

I love Merlin, but this season is just ... well, put it this way. If I see another bloody filler episode I will :rant:

I know exactly what you mean. Whilst I am looking forward to next week it's not one that I would go to watch again. (Yes, I really THAT sad!) I just hate all this filler business because I feel that they haven't really developed much of the characters. I mean it's been what 8 episodes so far and we still have the same characteristics from them e.g. Morgana and her quest. I am getting kinda sick of her fudging smirks. They really annoy me. But then that's my opinion.
Yeh evil morgana is a bit one dimensional, but I think the rest is cool :biggrin: I've enjoyed the lighter episodes as much as the darker ones.
last nights ep was great!
Am I the only one who got a Final Fantasy vibe, the tower reminded me of the Pharos at ridona cataract (most likely spelt that wrong), especially with the dragons who look like enemies you fight there.

I'll say in addition to Lotr before I get lynch, especially with the guardian of the bridge who was Willlow! in the film Willow! Which was inspired by Lotr but had a baby as the special thing rather than the ring, so the hommage was there. I loved that film (Willow, I do like lotr, as well).
Reply 98
Original post by asparkyn

I think her character has been significantly developed, though rapidly.

Merlin was like a close to friend to her and the only person to know about her magical abilities apart from Gaius. And she must have felt hurt and devastated when Merlin tried to poison her.

Over the series, there were many moments where she was kept in dark and was constantly lied to - what about always living in a fear of Uther discovering her magic and executing her? Gauis kept giving her sleeping potions when he knew that its not going to help her at all.

And for all these reason she turned to Morgause who was the only person there to help and comfort her.

On top of everything Uther did not care to acknowledge her as his daughter in front of everyone when she begged him to do so.

It's no surprise she is turned pure evil and cold hearted :rolleyes:.
Reply 99
I love Merlin! It's my favourite show :^_^:

Saturdays episode was one of the better ones in the third series. I like the director of the episode, Alice Througton or something like that. She's very good.

I thought Warwick Davies would have a bigger part, but oh well. He was still brilliant as usual!

Gawain :love:.. I was really happy to have him back! I do miss Lancelot though.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending