The Student Room Group

Dexter Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireDeuce
Season 5 has been deeply disappointing, especially when the first 4 were so good.

Agreed - particularly when you compare it to the other Sunday drama shows on television. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Rubicon, The Walking Dead (basically anything by AMC), Boardwalk Empire etc, are all so much better in my view.

Dexter is slipping...
Dexter is awesome. Yeah season 5 is not brilliant so far. First time Dexter is breaking apart at the seams though
Original post by ghostkillah
Dexter is awesome. Yeah season 5 is not brilliant so far. First time Dexter is breaking apart at the seams though

I quite like the way he held it together...
Reply 23
I thought season 3 was a bit weak, myself, I liked Jimmy Smits and I thought he played a good character but there were parts that I didn't like, for example, The Skinner, I know they have to have a big bad in the season but by the end of it I was so into Jimmy Smits and the way his character was going that I couldn't care less about The Skinner anymore - he shouldn't have been the big finale kill. I found a few times that that season seemed to treat the audience as if it was a bit stupid (especially all the scenes concerning LaGuerta trying to figure out if Prado was linked with Ellen's murder). Also that they kept bringing up f***ing Freebo all the way through the season - I don't care.

I make it sound like I hated the season, I didn't, I really enjoyed it but there were just some really weak moments in it for me. Season 4 was an amazing improvement.
Original post by Sorani
Also that they kept bringing up f***ing Freebo all the way through the season - I don't care.

Worth it for the way Angel says fwebo.
Reply 25
Original post by FireDeuce
Worth it for the way Angel says fwebo.

It's not his fault his Cuban tongue can't curl very well....except in LaGuerta. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

...sorry.
Reply 26
Original post by Johnny Christ
Yesss!
I did laugh when I saw what he did to disguise it :laugh:

Haha, some seriously quick thinking!

Original post by Sorani
It always confused me because, surely, they monitor what people look at on their computers in the police station and Dexter is contantly looking up these criminals who then disappear off the face of the planet.

It's true. You would think they'd have some form of system in which they can check what people are looking at on station computers. Unless Dexter's got a way of hiding from it, of course.

I also thought that LaGuerta was chasing up Doakes' death at the end of season 2, because it seemed really clear that she didn't believe he was the Bay Harbour Butcher. But then they just kinda dropped the whole thing and had her accept it, I know LaGuerta was pretty useless at first but she should be getting better than that.

I know! And in season three, when Miguel finds out about Dexter and his tendencies, how on earth did he not make the Bay Harbour Butcher connection?
Reply 27
Original post by Sorani
Just finished season 4 and John Lithgow was AMAZING. I knew he was a good actor but I can't believe how great a job he did.

Also, it seems to me that they want Quinn to be the next Doakes, and that doesn't fly with me. Doakes was a special kind of awesome.

I agree, Quinn doesn't fit the show for some reason, I can see HIM in Chicago or Boston but not Miami, but yeah, it was a mistake for the writers to

Spoiler

Reply 28
Original post by Johnny Christ
Yesss!
I did laugh when I saw what he did to disguise it :laugh:

I didn't here is why, I'll spoiler it

Spoiler

Original post by danny111

I didn't here is why, I'll spoiler it

Spoiler

I know. It was a bit stupid, and it all seemed a bit...informal for a crime scene. Masuka would be fired in real life, I reckon.

I still found it funny :ashamed2:
Reply 30
Original post by Diaz89
I agree, Quinn doesn't fit the show for some reason, I can see HIM in Chicago or Boston but not Miami, but yeah, it was a mistake for the writers to

Spoiler

It really was, granted it was a better fate than the one they gave him in the books:

Spoiler

Reply 31
Original post by Sorani
It really was, granted it was a better fate than the one they gave him in the books:

Spoiler

What?

Spoiler

Reply 32
Original post by Sorani

Spoiler

Wow, interesting, I didn't read the books. Probably check them out.
Reply 33
Anyone seen episode 8 yet?

It was the best in the season so far in my opinion.
Reply 34
Not sure how up to date people are but..

Spoiler

The season four finale was literally the most heartbreaking episode. I really really didnt see it coming. :frown: :frown: Poor baby Harrison (who is actually the cutest little boy ever!) and poor poor Rita. :frown:

Ps. bring back Cody! i loved that kid.
Reply 35
Original post by Samz
Not sure how up to date people are but..

Spoiler

The season four finale was literally the most heartbreaking episode. I really really didnt see it coming. :frown: :frown: Poor baby Harrison (who is actually the cutest little boy ever!) and poor poor Rita. :frown:

Ps. bring back Cody! i loved that kid.

Spoiler

haha yes, astor can stay away, but bring cody back!

and i dont know. it would have been funny if dex took harrison on some killing with him. but he isnt on in the season much is he.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ok Ep 9 just made me establish and maintain an erection. Gonna hit you sluts up with some spoiler right now inda house, don't read if you haven't seen it.

When Dexter is beating that man up and describing exactly where he is hitting him and the pain it will cause was the most bad ass thing I've seen since when Trinity was all "Sup Dexter Morgan"
Reply 37
Original post by sexygenocide
Ok Ep 9 just made me establish and maintain an erection. Gonna hit you sluts up with some spoiler right now inda house, don't read if you haven't seen it.

Excellent spoiler skills... oh wait, that's a quote :wink:

I also really liked this one. Thought it was one of the best of the season thus far.

Spoiler

Reply 38
GUYS

did you see the preview of the next episodes at the end?

o.m.g.

how the hell is gonna get out of that one?

and yes, the way he described hitting Barry. Stuff of genius.
GUYS

did you see the preview of the next episodes at the end?

o.m.g.

how the hell is gonna get out of that one?

and yes, the way he described hitting Barry. Stuff of genius.

What's on the preview?
Best part of the episode that, seems be doing whatever the **** he wants these days. Last few episodes have really picked up the pace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending