The Student Room Group

FY1 and universities anonymity

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes.
End of thread. Please.
Reply 3
Original post by ryan118244
So prestige of a medical school won't affect your medical career?

Nope not at all! lol
Original post by ryan118244
So prestige of a medical school won't affect your medical career?

I was hoping we could avoid having this discussion...yet again :tongue:
Reply 5
Ok, there is a common misconception that your university isn't anywhere on your application form for foundation years.

You have to put the university down:

It's just the people scoring the form can't see that bit and therefore the actual scoring of the form is blind to your university and prestige has no bearing on your allocation.
Original post by Hygeia
Ok, there is a common misconception that your university isn't anywhere on your application form for foundation years.

You have to put the university down:

It's just the people scoring the form can't see that bit and therefore the actual scoring of the form is blind to your university and prestige has no bearing on your allocation.

Not meaning to sound annoying, is this the case with speciality posts? (since the scoring criteria is different, from what I've heard... I my well be incorrect :tongue:)
Reply 7
Original post by applemilk1992
Not meaning to sound annoying, is this the case with speciality posts? (since the scoring criteria is different, from what I've heard... I my well be incorrect :tongue:)

Specialty posts work differently - it's not a national application process for one! It's not blinded as far as I know but where you trained isn't important, it's what you've achieved since qualifying that is. Have a look here for example - it just says you need the qualification then goes on to the other things that are desired/necessary.
Original post by Hygeia
Specialty posts work differently - it's not a national application process for one! It's not blinded as far as I know but where you trained isn't important, it's what you've achieved since qualifying that is. Have a look here for example - it just says you need the qualification then goes on to the other things that are desired/necessary.

Saying that, Ortho for one are contemplating awarding points for having trained or worked in the Deanery you're applying for specialty training in.
Reply 9
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Saying that, Ortho for one are contemplating awarding points for having trained or worked in the Deanery you're applying for specialty training in.

Yet another reason not to do ortho...
Reply 10
Original post by Becca-Sarah

Because you know the spesh deanery handshake, or because you know their systems?
Original post by Wangers
Because you know the spesh deanery handshake, or because you know their systems?

I think it was phrased as trying to reward loyalty to staying in one area.
Reply 12
Original post by applemilk1992

Of course you have to provide information about your qualifications for specialty posts too - they're pretty key to your eligibility & that includes exactly which qualification you obtained, from where and when! :tongue:

AFAIK for the ones I'm doing the where wouldn't be looked at for pre-interview/selection centre shortlisting though. At the face to face stage if we're taking portfolios mine has degree certificates in it pretty near the front - so they'd be visable there.

The Oxford qualification doesn't exist on the drop down menus for my forms though. Other/Pedant-tastic. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending