Reply 60
Original post by S129439
He's pretty good....

Not as good as Brady though :smile:

:rofl:

To be honest, they're both badass.
Reply 61
Original post by Mann18
Say things remain as they are, we'd take on the Ravens, at home.
I can see us beating them, as we're at home.

Then, we'd be at Heinz field I think?
Much tougher, and if we won that, I'd back us to go all the way, we almost beat New England last time after all.

If we're at Foxborough, then the same applies, but it really will all ride on the Steelers game then.

It'll come down to the Steelers game I feel.

Say things remain as they are, we'd take on the Ravens, at home.
I can see us beating them, as we're at home.

Yep, Colts host Ravens (which IMO is wrong. Ravens have superior record so should be at home. Penalized for being in a good division).

Then, we'd be at Heinz field I think?

Then it changes.

The pats have the best AFC record (12-2) and so host the lowest seed team that wins in the wildcard round. As it stands the teams are Jets (10-4) vs Kansas (9-5) and then Ravens (10-4) vs Colts (8-6). So if the Colts manage to win wildcard against the Ravens they would still be the lowest seed in the AFC due to the record of the winner between chiefs and jets which would be better than the colts regardless of which team wins.

My predictions:

AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND

Colts @ Patriots
and
Jets @ Steelers

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Steelers @ Patriots

NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND

Saints @ Eagles
and
Bears @ Falcons

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

(Very tricky to pick with the NFC being so wide open)

Saints @ Falcons

SUPERBOWL XLV

Patriots 30 - 28 Falcons
Reply 62
Original post by Mann18
:rofl:

To be honest, they're both badass.

Yeah OK.

It's a shame really. It's hard to appreciate how good they are individually because they're playing at the same time so are constantly compared.

If we saw the careers one at a time, we would realise how supremely awesome these guys are.
Panthers @ Steelers on Thursday.

If we don't come out with a win, something needs to change. Quick time.

We need a new cornerback aswell, McFadden needs to go !
Reply 64
Original post by Unknown-User
Panthers @ Steelers on Thursday.

If we don't come out with a win, something needs to change. Quick time.

We need a new cornerback aswell, McFadden needs to go !

Your not going to lose.

The pansies only just beat the Cardinals. The Steelers D could easily shut them out.

And McFadden is weak. 2nd round pick on a Corner I say!
Original post by S129439
Your not going to lose.

The pansies only just beat the Cardinals. The Steelers D could easily shut them out.

And McFadden is weak. 2nd round pick on a Corner I say!

Yeah, it should be a definite win....then again, you never know.

Its at Heinz field aswell (:

Polamalu should be resting for the game, getting ready for the play-offs, along with Aaron Smith.
Reply 66
Yeah, it should be a definite win....then again, you never know.

Its at Heinz field aswell (:

Polamalu should be resting for the game, getting ready for the play-offs, along with Aaron Smith.

With Polamalu back, the Steelers could beat anyone.

If they get him back then the Steelers will join my list of teams I think could beat us which is currently only one team: New Orleans Saints
Original post by S129439
With Polamalu back, the Steelers could beat anyone.

If they get him back then the Steelers will join my list of teams I think could beat us which is currently only one team: New Orleans Saints

Hmm, true.

I think the Ravens will be a tough game to win if they make it through to play the Patriots, especially with the likes of Suggs and Lewis playing at their best.
Thought I'd check in here... Didn't see the game last night (though I quite fancied staying up and seeing if Favre was playing...).

Anyways I'm a Detroit Lions guy-and that colour is totally not honolulu blue. But anyways-nice to see that there sa few of us on here (I sort of knew that from the fantasy league.

Plus Detroit actually won another game on Sunday which broke a streak of 3 years without an away win, 3 years without winning two games in a row and meant we went over 2 wins for the first time since 2007. I was pretty much hyperventalating when Rayner took the kick...
Oh and my picks of the Superbowl:

Patriots vs Eagles...
Reply 70
I'm a panthers fan... embarrassing :redface:
Anyone else a Falcons man?

:tumble:
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
Oh and my picks of the Superbowl:

Patriots vs Eagles...

I agree. Michael Vick is the man of destiny. I like the way hardly anybody cares about his past. As per usual in these kind of situations, it gets blown way out of proportion at the time and people are actually more forgiving than the media give them credit for.

P.S. He should've stayed retired in the past, but please, Favre, don't come back next year.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TheMagicRat
I agree. Michael Vick is the man of destiny. I like the way hardly anybody cares about his past. As per usual in these kind of situations, it gets blown way out of proportion at the time and people are actually more forgiving than the media give them credit for.

P.S. He should've stayed retired in the past, but please, Favre, don't come back next year.

Indeed-his second half against the Giants was just incredable-just unstoppable. He's probably my MVP and he plays with style and is exciting watch, I simply can't see anyone stopping him when he's on form. How do you stop a QB who can make all the throws AND run like a runnign back? One man in to spy him isn't enough and if you have more than that then he's got the weapons to pick you apart...

Agreed on Favre-he was incredible last year but this year has been painful to watch...
My Miami Dolphins are stagnant this year. Great defense (5th best defense statistically in the NFL, Cameron Wake leads the league in sacks etc) but the offense is terrible. An awful/injured O-Line (excluding Jake Long and Vernon Carey, who are both injured anyway) means Henne's struggling at QB and our normally good running game is struggling too. Need new guards and a center in the next draft. Not to mention the worst O-Coordinator in the league, Dan Henning and it's a bit of a disaster. 7-7 and the wins we have are down to the defense.
Reply 75
Original post by dent1st
I'm a panthers fan... embarrassing :redface:

Somebody gotta do it :L

LOL!
Reply 76
Hmm, true.

I think the Ravens will be a tough game to win if they make it through to play the Patriots, especially with the likes of Suggs and Lewis playing at their best.

Firstly the Patriots, if they meet which I don't think they will), will be at home. Secondly we still haven't lost at home all season and our next (also our last) home game of the season is against Miami so I think we will yet again go 8-0 at home. Thirdly we have already beaten the Ravens which gives us a psychological boost. Fourthly we are much better now than we were back in week 6, especially our defense. And finally, apart from Ray Rice, the ravens haven't really improved that much since then. Granted it was Rice who eliminated us from the playoffs last year, but our Run D is much stronger this year and with a better offense they will have less time to work with.
Reply 77
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
Thought I'd check in here... Didn't see the game last night (though I quite fancied staying up and seeing if Favre was playing...).

Anyways I'm a Detroit Lions guy-and that colour is totally not honolulu blue. But anyways-nice to see that there sa few of us on here (I sort of knew that from the fantasy league.

Plus Detroit actually won another game on Sunday which broke a streak of 3 years without an away win, 3 years without winning two games in a row and meant we went over 2 wins for the first time since 2007. I was pretty much hyperventalating when Rayner took the kick...

Almost as long as the Patriots have gone winning at home :biggrin:

And I like the Lions. Ndamukong Suh is probably my rookie of the year. Depends if Devin McCourty gets any more picks..
I've followed the NFL for about 3 years now and I am a devout Indianapolis Colts fan. :biggrin:

Bob Sanders is the man. :cool:
Original post by S129439
Almost as long as the Patriots have gone winning at home :biggrin:

And I like the Lions. Ndamukong Suh is probably my rookie of the year. Depends if Devin McCourty gets any more picks..

Something like that-to be fair we did go 2 years with just one win (In real terms-week 8 2007 to week 8 2009 with just one win...). So every time we win its a bit of a thrill.

Suh is a beast-he's not getting as many sacks as he deserves due to his position adn the fact that he's been double teamed all the time but he's given the room for the rest of our players to make sacks-Avril, McBride, KVB and Jackson have all got many sacks....

Latest