The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S129439
Firstly the Patriots, if they meet which I don't think they will), will be at home. Secondly we still haven't lost at home all season and our next (also our last) home game of the season is against Miami so I think we will yet again go 8-0 at home. Thirdly we have already beaten the Ravens which gives us a psychological boost. Fourthly we are much better now than we were back in week 6, especially our defense. And finally, apart from Ray Rice, the ravens haven't really improved that much since then. Granted it was Rice who eliminated us from the playoffs last year, but our Run D is much stronger this year and with a better offense they will have less time to work with.

You've got 5 good points there, and I think the Patriots are by the far the best team in the AFC, if not the NFL, at the moment. I was just saying that by looking at the teams who would progress to the play-offs (as of this moment), apart from the Steelers, I think Baltimore are next in line to maybe cause some problems for the Patriots, or maybe even stop Brady getting his fourth Superbowl win.

That being said, if the Steelers offense doesn't play as well as it should be, I could easily see Brady and Belichick leading their team to yet another Superbowl.
Reply 81
Original post by loves2spooge
I've followed the NFL for about 3 years now and I am a devout Indianapolis Colts fan. :biggrin:

Bob Sanders is the man. :cool:

When he's on the field yeah... :biggrin:

Hopefully Pats and Colts meet up again, then we squash you!
Reply 82
Original post by Unknown-User
You've got 5 good points there, and I think the Patriots are by the far the best team in the AFC, if not the NFL, at the moment. I was just saying that by looking at the teams who would progress to the play-offs (as of this moment), apart from the Steelers, I think Baltimore are next in line to maybe cause some problems for the Patriots, or maybe even stop Brady getting his fourth Superbowl win.

That being said, if the Steelers offense doesn't play as well as it should be, I could easily see Brady and Belichick leading their team to yet another Superbowl.

Tbh I personally would be fearful of (in order):

Steelers (with Polamalu)
Colts
Ravens
Steelers (without Polamalu)

However the differences for me are slight.
Original post by S129439
Tbh I personally would be fearful of (in order):

Steelers (with Polamalu)
Colts
Ravens
Steelers (without Polamalu)

However the differences for me are slight.

Polamalu will be back for the play-offs (hopefully nothing else will happen from now), and hopefully the Steelers get through to face the Patriots. That should be an awesome match if everything else goes to plan.
Reply 84
Original post by Unknown-User
Polamalu will be back for the play-offs (hopefully nothing else will happen from now), and hopefully the Steelers get through to face the Patriots. That should be an awesome match if everything else goes to plan.

I want to see and I don't :L I want to see an epic game but I don't want us to lose.

What a dilemma :frown:
Reply 85
Anyone here play uni or senior ball ?

To the man pointing out that Brady is bad, watch him fool the ENTIRE Jaguar defense.

Get owned.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by SaltyPiratePony

To the man pointing out that Brady is bad, watch him fool the ENTIRE Jaguar defense.

Get owned.

This is my favourite NFL play of all time next to Adam Vinatieri's game winning kick in Superbowl 36. What. A. Play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX9r6n-OOR4

Tom Brady drives like a pro, then Vinatieri is ice cool.
New England Patriots!

Brady is going to win us another Super Bowl this year
Hey guys, I'm a bit late in finding this thread.

Big Saints fan (have been for years, not just because of our tremendous superbowl win).
Reckon we'll make the playoffs, maybe the NFC champ game but unfortunately cannot see us doing the double due to our lack of run game and run defence.

I fancy a Falcons v New England superbowl.
Reply 90
I am a NFL fan; I enjoy watching it but won't regularly stay up to do so, unless of course the game is at 6pm or 9pm UK time.

Support the Eagles, though have a soft spot for the Bears too as my family live in Chicago.
Reply 91
Original post by RNBen
I am a NFL fan; I enjoy watching it but won't regularly stay up to do so, unless of course the game is at 6pm or 9pm UK time.

Support the Eagles, though have a soft spot for the Bears too as my family live in Chicago.

Cool stuff. Same here really, I only stay up to watch the late game if it's the Patriots, as for the earlier games I don't have Sky Sports :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

The Eagles are pretty cool :P Michael Vick is on FIRE!

I have a soft spot for the Buccaneers (I have seen them pay in Tampa and LOVED IT) and for the Rams because my uncle supports them. Also they are a good franchise with a strong history as well as cool uniforms.
Reply 92
Original post by rugbygreg
Hey guys, I'm a bit late in finding this thread.

Big Saints fan (have been for years, not just because of our tremendous superbowl win).
Reckon we'll make the playoffs, maybe the NFC champ game but unfortunately cannot see us doing the double due to our lack of run game and run defence.

I fancy a Falcons v New England superbowl.

I think the Saints will make the NFC championship game and here's why:

Philly have Vikings and Cowboys at home to finish out. I see them winning against Vikings and probably beating the Cowboys (barring an upset). The Saints have Atlanta away and Tampa Bay at home. I think they will lose to Atlanta because Atlanta are at home (on a neutral field I think Saints take the win despite losing at home to the Falcons early in the season when the Saints were struggling).

So Philly with a higher seed will travel to Chicago and New Orleans (after disposing of either the rams/seahawks/49ers) will go to Atlanta again. I think the Falcons would lose finally. Firstly they can't go on winning at home forever. Secondly Drew Brees isn't being beaten by a relatively inexperienced Matt Ryan three times in a row. And after a second visit I think the home field advantage wears off for the Falcons and the Saints take it.

Then it's Philly vs New Orleans. Who knows what happens then. As a Patriots fan I don't want to play either of those teams haha

I would prefer Patriots vs Eagles. A match-up of the best two QB's in the league this year and probably the two most potent offenses. Falcons are overated and will perform poorly on a neutral field. Plus Ryan isn't quite experienced enough for a superbowl just yet.
Reply 93
Original post by TheBlackMonster
New England Patriots!

Brady is going to win us another Super Bowl this year

I hope so dude I hope so...
Reply 94
Original post by S129439
Cool stuff. Same here really, I only stay up to watch the late game if it's the Patriots, as for the earlier games I don't have Sky Sports :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

The Eagles are pretty cool :P Michael Vick is on FIRE!

I have a soft spot for the Buccaneers (I have seen them pay in Tampa and LOVED IT) and for the Rams because my uncle supports them. Also they are a good franchise with a strong history as well as cool uniforms.

My ex girlfriend is from Tampa so I have seen them play on a number of occasions, as well as USF, who play at the Bucs stadium.

Vick is doing well this season yes, though we seem to leak a few points in games, the defence isn't as strong as it could be and thus, though we are currently top of NFC East I don't think we are good enough this season to take it all the way.

Strange that as a Pats fan you appreciate the Eagles. I for one have a strong dislike for the Pats. :tongue:
Reply 95
Original post by RNBen
My ex girlfriend is from Tampa so I have seen them play on a number of occasions, as well as USF, who play at the Bucs stadium.

Vick is doing well this season yes, though we seem to leak a few points in games, the defence isn't as strong as it could be and thus, though we are currently top of NFC East I don't think we are good enough this season to take it all the way.

Strange that as a Pats fan you appreciate the Eagles. I for one have a strong dislike for the Pats. :tongue:

I tend to feel sorry for the teams who's dreams we have mercilessly shattered....

Super Bowl XXXIX :biggrin:

Yeah the Eagles lost Stewart Bradley MLB who is a massive presence in your team. Big loss. I don't think Eagles will win the Superbowl. Heck I think you might lose to Pats again :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by S129439
I tend to feel sorry for the teams who's dreams we have mercilessly shattered....

Super Bowl XXXIX :biggrin:

Yeah the Eagles lost Stewart Bradley MLB who is a massive presence in your team. Big loss. I don't think Eagles will win the Superbowl. Heck I think you might lose to Pats again :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha, that is understandable. A friend of mine claims to be a Pats fan, though only actually owns a jersey; he has no idea how they are doing or who they even play week in week out. and rarely, if ever, checks on their progress.

Nah, we won't win the Superbowl, not by a long shot. But we entertain, no question about that, up there this season as one of, if not the most exciting offence in the league.
Original post by S129439
I hope so dude I hope so...

really, we just need to work on our defense. they need to be more consistent and they need to keep focused because I can see some glimpses of greatness from them.

and Connolly is the best linesman ever!
Original post by S129439
I think the Saints will make the NFC championship game and here's why:

Philly have Vikings and Cowboys at home to finish out. I see them winning against Vikings and probably beating the Cowboys (barring an upset). The Saints have Atlanta away and Tampa Bay at home. I think they will lose to Atlanta because Atlanta are at home (on a neutral field I think Saints take the win despite losing at home to the Falcons early in the season when the Saints were struggling).

So Philly with a higher seed will travel to Chicago and New Orleans (after disposing of either the rams/seahawks/49ers) will go to Atlanta again. I think the Falcons would lose finally. Firstly they can't go on winning at home forever. Secondly Drew Brees isn't being beaten by a relatively inexperienced Matt Ryan three times in a row. And after a second visit I think the home field advantage wears off for the Falcons and the Saints take it.

Then it's Philly vs New Orleans. Who knows what happens then. As a Patriots fan I don't want to play either of those teams haha

I would prefer Patriots vs Eagles. A match-up of the best two QB's in the league this year and probably the two most potent offenses. Falcons are overated and will perform poorly on a neutral field. Plus Ryan isn't quite experienced enough for a superbowl just yet.

You make a good point, personally I cannot see us winning against Philly if it comes to that, our defence is not good enough to stand the triple threat of Vick running, throwing and LeShaun McCoy who I rate as one of the best all round rb's in the league.

Who do you see as your main contenders in the AFC ? I like the look of the Chargers (their D is looking electric) and I would really love to see the Cheifs and their running game pay dividends and prove that the NFL isn't all about the pass game.
Original post by TheBlackMonster
really, we just need to work on our defense. they need to be more consistent and they need to keep focused because I can see some glimpses of greatness from them.

and Connolly is the best linesman ever!

That run was the highlight of my season, for such a big man he can move!

Latest