The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1 May 2010 Mark scheme

Can anyone please post a link to download Edexcel GCE C1 May 2010 mark scheme?
Reply 1
sorry dude, surely your school should have provided you with it,
my school gave us maths C1 from 05-10 with all mark schemes
Original post by raheem94

Can anyone please post a link to download Edexcel GCE C1 May 2010 mark scheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1440719

There's an unofficial one here... scroll down

:smile:
Original post by Miss Anonymous

It is 99% correct. For Q 10 part c, the QP says give your answer in the form (p+q3,r+s3)(p+q\sqrt3, r+s\sqrt3), but the person has given it in the form (p+q3,s3+r)(p+q\sqrt3, s\sqrt 3 + r)
Reply 4
Original post by MostCompetitive
It is 99% correct. For Q 10 part c, the QP says give your answer in the form (p+q3,r+s3)(p+q\sqrt3, r+s\sqrt3), but the person has given it in the form (p+q3,s3+r)(p+q\sqrt3, s\sqrt 3 + r)

Is the question 10 (a) correct in the unofficial mark scheme. I have checked my solution but my graph of the equation y=x^2 (7-x) is not matching with the graph drawn in the mark scheme.
Is the question 10 (a) correct in the unofficial mark scheme. I have checked my solution but my graph of the equation y=x^2 (7-x) is not matching with the graph drawn in the mark scheme.

Yes, but the graph of x(4x)x(4-x) bends again before intersecting the other one - that is not how it is meant to be. x2(7x)x^2(7-x) is 7x2x37x^2-x^3, so it is the other way around and, if you put x and y equal to zero, you'll find where it crosses both the x axis and the y axis. What does your version look like? If it is an S shape, then it is wrong because x3-x^3 is backwards.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
arghhhh not this paper. This was pretty messed up. Especially the sequences question! :angry:

my college made me sit it as a mock. I only just scraped an A grade
Reply 7

Why on 10.c are you supposed to choose 4-2/3 and not 4+2/3?

Sorry, not sure if you know but you seemed to know the previous answer lol

Thanks
Reply 8
Ohhh sorry, because if you chose the 4+2/3, y would become negative

XD
Original post by Zoe17
Why on 10.c are you supposed to choose 4-2/3 and not 4+2/3?

Sorry, not sure if you know but you seemed to know the previous answer lol

Thanks

From the sketch you did part a, you should see that the x co-ordinate of the point of intersection is less than 4. There is another point of intersection that is below the x-axis, and the problem with that is that it is below the x axis - the question says that both co-ordinates (x and y) are positive. Therefore, the x co-ordinate of the point of intersection the Q is asking for must be 4234-2\sqrt{3}
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10

Are you nuts, its exactly the same lol.
Original post by marek35
Are you nuts, its exactly the same lol.

I agree - I don't think it should make any difference, but the question paper asks you to give it in that form.
Reply 12
Original post by ilyking
arghhhh not this paper. This was pretty messed up. Especially the sequences question! :angry:

my college made me sit it as a mock. I only just scraped an A grade

Im on the same page - real one is tommorrow, so hopefully....
Reply 13
Original post by kars15
Im on the same page - real one is tommorrow, so hopefully....

I had this as a mock as well :frown: and I'm taking it a year early... help! I think I failed completely :/ checked the mark scheme and there are a lot of answers I got wrong...
Original post by Miss Anonymous

I'm sorry but where exactly is this 'unofficial' markscheme. I'm being dumb, I know, but I just can't see it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending