The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Genocidal
Well me neither I think the Panters record is something like 3-13 for the season? But you never know. The Saints will most certainly beat Tampa Bay though this week.

They're 2-13. They will be 2-14 after next week. They definitely own the first pick in next years draft!
Reply 141
Original post by S129439
I don't know if I agree on that one. Yes the running game has improved massively but if we take the Patriots as an example, our offense will have a 1000 yard back this season (if not a few yards short) and an incredibly potent passing attack where there isn't a number one receiver. Perhaps we are an anomaly. I mean Peyton Manning has Reggie Wayne, Aaron Rodgers has Greg Jennings, Matt Ryan has Roddy White. Although I think you could make a case for Brees not having a number one target ...

Agreed.

Every Quarterback needs a good RB more than they need a No.1 wideout.

And if you can give them a nice defense, that always helps :wink:

Which is why my Colts might not fare too well in the playoffs. We have Addai back now, which is good, but at the same time, we have I think the 20th ranked Defense overall, and high 20s against the run... We basically ask Peyton Manning to throw the ball for the Superbowl, because there's no way in hell our defense or Running game is winning anything. No 1 pass attack though.
Reply 142
Original post by S129439
The AFC west is not very strong. In fact this has been it's strongest year in a while. The Chiefs were 4th last year, the raiders have been getting high picks in the draft for almost a decade and the Broncos have been poor since Elway left. San Diego had won about 5 back to back AFC west titles before this year. It's ridiculous that they didn't do better when they were practically guaranteed 5 wins in their division a year and so had the inside track to the play-offs and a first round bye. What's worse? The Chargers had the 4th easiest schedule this year. An opposing team record of 45.31% wins. That is diabolical. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/381687-2010-strength-of-schedule-rankings/page/5

This I'm aware of and evenmore so makes it annoying that we haven't got close to the SB in those period except that one season where we got handled by NE at the championship game. We'd have had a Rivers vs Manning SB. Thats the dream of all bolts fan.

Original post by S129439
I would be interested in getting Jackson. Brady doesn't need him, but he would make our offense irresistible :drool:. I think the Chargers would be wise to keep VJ. But whether they will depends on whether Norv stays and the plans for the draft and the future of whoever is head coach next season.

I don'treally think you guys need him unless Brady asks for him and tbh Brady does what BB says and i don't think BB will have him. He's let go of RM (who'd have thought we'll all be praising him for making that deicision just 8 weeks later). This plus how Branch has step up,edelman improving, you're TE duo putting up good number and with the picks you've got in draft. Need i mention Wes.

Original post by S129439
I don't know if I agree on that one. Yes the running game has improved massively but if we take the Patriots as an example, our offense will have a 1000 yard back this season (if not a few yards short) and an incredibly potent passing attack where there isn't a number one receiver. Perhaps we are an anomaly. I mean Peyton Manning has Reggie Wayne, Aaron Rodgers has Greg Jennings, Matt Ryan has Roddy White. Although I think you could make a case for Brees not having a number one target ...

Personally, I think a QB needs a No1 receiver, especially for a quick offfence and 3rd & long situation.
Original post by Mann18
Agreed.

Every Quarterback needs a good RB more than they need a No.1 wideout.

And if you can give them a nice defense, that always helps :wink:

Which is why my Colts might not fare too well in the playoffs. We have Addai back now, which is good, but at the same time, we have I think the 20th ranked Defense overall, and high 20s against the run... We basically ask Peyton Manning to throw the ball for the Superbowl, because there's no way in hell our defense or Running game is winning anything. No 1 pass attack though.

Well there you go again. Patriots have Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead. Both undrafted free agent pick-ups. But we are the best team ever :smile:

The Colts are incredible. Lose loads of offensive starters and the offense is still amazing! And, (i know i wont shut up about patriots but hey) we have the 30th defense. If the Colts can get some turnovers and manning can punish them, the colts have a legit shot at the championship game if not the superbowl. it was only 3 points in it when colts and pats met last time.
Original post by 419
This I'm aware of and evenmore so makes it annoying that we haven't got close to the SB in those period except that one season where we got handled by NE at the championship game. We'd have had a Rivers vs Manning SB. Thats the dream of all bolts fan.

I would like to see that :smile: Personally, I think Rivers is streets ahead of Manning. If you gave rivers Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Hakeem Nicks, Kevin Boss, then he would get the job done. I would argue apart from Gates and Rivers, NY has the more loaded offense.

Original post by 419
I don't really think you guys need him unless Brady asks for him and tbh Brady does what BB says and i don't think BB will have him. He's let go of RM (who'd have thought we'll all be praising him for making that deicision just 8 weeks later). This plus how Branch has step up,edelman improving, you're TE duo putting up good number and with the picks you've got in draft. Need i mention Wes.

Brady is a carbon copy of Bill Belichick on the field. It's great! Much like Manning and the Colts, we have a coach on the field with a huge football IQ. I thought it was ultimately a good decision, but I didn't think the results would be so soon gained. Perhaps two years down the road we would benefit, but it seems the lack of vertical threat has changed our offense rather than damaged it. Branch/Edelman/TE's are good guys, but not outstanding. It's the combo of Brady's play and BB's scheme that makes them so effective. Same with BJGE and Danny Woodhead. The only studs on our offense other than Brady are Mankins, Wes Welker and Alge Crumpler. I don't think we need him either. But if the chance came and we had a draft pick lying around I would take him. However I agree I don't think it's a 'Belichick move'.

Original post by 419
Personally, I think a QB needs a No1 receiver, especially for a quick offfence and 3rd & long situation.

Mostly I agree. There are of course a few exceptions to this but I concede it is probably the biggest need for an offense other than QB and TE.
Reply 145
Original post by S129439
The Panthers couldn't beat themselves. Falcons will win. I don't believe they will make the Superbowl though

AFC - Pats v Indy

NFC - Eagles v Falcons

SB - Pats v Eagles

If we can get a win over the Cowboys Sunday and keep Vick fighting fit, i think we'll go all the way. And hopefully it won't be the same result as in 05. :smile:
Reply 146
Original post by Swell
AFC - Pats v Indy

NFC - Eagles v Falcons

SB - Pats v Eagles

If we can get a win over the Cowboys Sunday and keep Vick fighting fit, i think we'll go all the way. And hopefully it won't be the same result as in 05. :smile:

Are you an Indy fan?
Original post by 419
Are you an Indy fan?

Dallas are play Phily on Sunday, so i'm guessing he is an Eagles fan.

Are you a colts fan?
Reply 148
Original post by Unknown-User
Dallas are play Phily on Sunday, so i'm guessing he is an Eagles fan.

Are you a colts fan?

No, he has to be an Indy fan, because only Indy fans will back them in the playoffs.

No im a bolts fan.
Reply 149
Well I must say this season has definitely made me glad I started following the Falcons again :p:.
Anyone that follows the rams, if it wasn't for jackson you'd be nowhere. Not that jackson is anything major. :tongue:
Brilliant result for s against the Viks-though we've played our way out of 'top pick' contention. damn.

I gather the SB is in Indianapolis next year? If we can keep Stafford fit and bring in a decent OLB and corner then Ir eckon we have a shot

Feel the Roar!
Reply 152
I watched three of the worst games ever yesterday. KC, Philly and Seattle, all awful. Just hope the play offs will be a bit more... active?
Another season of disappointment for us Jags fans. 8-8 is better than I expected at the start of the season though. The big worry is that we lost the last three games. We controlled our own destiny, but let it slip. I will excuse yesterdays performance, a little, since there was no MJD or Garrard. Hopefully, Del Rio, if he's still around, gets in a new QB.

Anyway, with attention turning towards the play-offs, here is my (wrong?) prediction for how they will turn out.

Saints bt. Seahawks
Eagles bt. Packers
Colts bt. Jets
Chiefs bt. Ravens

Eagles bt. Bears
Saints bt. Falcons
Steelers bt. Colts
Patriots bt. Chiefs

Eagles bt. Saints
Patriots bt. Steelers

Patriots bt. Eagles
Reply 154
I would really want a Steelers and Eagles Super Bowl, but i'm gonna have to agree with TMR and say its going to be a Patriot Eagles Super Bowl, with the Eagles winning 24-21, but i am biased. :wink:
Reply 155
I'd really like the Eagles not to win the Super Bowl but that is more down to a massive dislike of Michael Vick than anything particularly football related.
Reply 156
Original post by Mithra
I'd really like the Eagles not to win the Super Bowl but that is more down to a massive dislike of Michael Vick than anything particularly football related.

Not a fan of second chances? :biggrin:
Original post by Swell
Not a fan of second chances? :biggrin:

I think it' a shame when people don't give it him. He did his time and the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the media at the time, as usual. They made out like nobody would ever want him, but in time people, thankfully, are more forgiving then the media give them credit.

He's been phenomenal this season and he earned his starting position. It wasn't as though he was just handed the starting role. Given his past, I guess the Eagles played it all right from a PR stand-point. By not automatically making him the starter it may have quelled any voices of discontent amongst the fans, which I assume were, and some still are, there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 158
Ravens to win the Superbowl.
Favre retires, for the third time.

See you in two weeks.

Latest