The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by JK.
How you finding it in general? Everything pretty good down there?

Yeah everything's good mate. It's a nice City with a lot to do. I'm not complaining.

Can't believe you screwed up your LSE offer last year though :colonhash:

You resitting exams this month?
Original post by JessicaW
Watch out for the next video.
Christ :toofunny: I've seen it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 202
Original post by Stricof

Original post by Stricof
Christ :toofunny:

I made him do an interpretive dance of the life of a chicken. :rofl2:
Original post by JessicaW
I made him do an interpretive dance of the life of a chicken. :rofl2:
Haha! :rofl2:
Work your magic. Try more ideas?!
Reply 204
Original post by Stricof

Original post by Stricof
Haha! :rofl2:
Work your magic. Another idea?!

He's gone to gorge on pig meat now. :frown:
Anticlimax. :frown:
Original post by Stalin
:sexface:

Incidentally, I almost applied to Durham too but didn't in the end because its IR department opened up a mere two years ago. Also, I cba eating school dinners for the first year.

The food in colleges (well, at least, my college) is so generic, UGH. Though, I am going back to live in college next year - cooking and that is one less thing to think about while im slaving away over 4th year ****.

...can't be doing with 'your sort' anyway :ahee:

Original post by Stalin
Birmingham's not that far. And **** London, it's too expensive.

Get a scary taste of reality when you went there in July? :mmm:

Original post by Stricof
Castle College looks is quite nice; that is, if you get in to Castle.

Most of the colleges are really nice. Some of them too small or odd or school-like for my liking, but most are quite cool. Mine, without being biased, is pretty sweet. And close to department (of course. With stumpy legs like these.)

Original post by JK.
Nope. Probs Nottingham and York, followed by Soton and Exeter, then Reading.

I didn't like exeter when I went to see it :dontknow: Surprised that for someone who insists on calling me a 'rah' all the time is applying to somewhere like there (hm, I also applied there :colondollar:)

.....even though like 4 of my cousins go there and my sister, the recent gilet-convert, may be going too....:colondollar:
Reply 207
Original post by JK.
Only Southampton atm, adding the other 4 in the next few days. Gonna be 4 out of York/Durham/Exeter/Reading/Nottingham, I think.

What you up to this year?

Durham :yy:

Original post by Stricof
I am. I just don't like talking about it online anymore (due to an incident). I talk and discuss my University work with a few others like Sweyn (for help etc) but I'm kinda tetchy about talking about where I am or go, online these days.

I can kinda explain further in a text or something if you want. But meh.

does this incident involve imso? :mmm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 208
^

:indiff:
Reply 209
Original post by JK.
Nope. Probs Nottingham and York, followed by Soton and Exeter, then Reading.

Nottingham and York eh? :colone:

What course may I ask?
Reply 210
The Aron Ralston film is gross. But also really good. :daydreaming:
Reply 211
Original post by Christien
The Aron Ralston film is gross. But also really good. :daydreaming:

Is this 127 Hours? I really want to see that film, especially when it stars someone as charismatic and underrated as James Franco..
Reply 212
Original post by sango
Is this 127 Hours? I really want to see that film, especially when it stars someone as charismatic and underrated as James Franco..

Yes. There's allegedly a decent rip floating around if you were inclined towards torrenting it. :ninja:
I imagined this place as a load of alpha-male types walking around naked and grunting alot. Not literally of course, metaphorically speaking.
Reply 214
Oscar films always have good rips.
Reply 215
Original post by cunningstunt87
I imagined this place as a load of alpha-male types walking around naked and grunting alot. Not literally of course, metaphorically speaking.

But this IS a place full of alpha-male types walking around naked and grunting alot.
Original post by sango
But this IS a place full of alpha-male types walking around naked and grunting alot.

Excellent. I'll fit right in.

*grunt*
Reply 217
I know I'm a bit late but was Jangra actually serious when he said he left? I haven't seen him post in ages :s-smilie:
Original post by isawsparks89
The food in colleges (well, at least, my college) is so generic, UGH. Though, I am going back to live in college next year - cooking and that is one less thing to think about while im slaving away over 4th year ****.

...can't be doing with 'your sort' anyway :ahee:

Cooking's cheaper and better than the ****e they provide you, at least that's what I've learned here. :rolleyes:

Get a scary taste of reality when you went there in July? :mmm:

:colonhash:
Original post by Stalin
Cooking's cheaper and better than the ****e they provide you, at least that's what I've learned here. :rolleyes:

:colonhash:

healthier too, in that you know whats going into it. Then again, im guessing that youre going to be living out next year? so thatll be better anyway
I can't do living out again next year, just found last year a bit difficult tbh, not again for a few years.

:mmm: wellllll you were warned. (i think. july is vague recollection.)

Weekend :woo:

Latest