The Student Room Group

TSR Horse Owners' Society Thread!!

Hi Everyone!! :biggrin:

Thanks for Reading this thread :biggrin: It has been created to accompany the group of the same name, dedicated to all Horse Owners who use TSR :biggrin:
So please feel free to discuss anything Equine-related, and please feel free to join the Group!! :biggrin:

To get this thread started....
I have 2 Horses who are my Life :biggrin: I have been Riding virtually all my Life and am hoping to work with Horses as a career :biggrin:
I enjoy Parelli training, Hacking, Show Jumping, Cross Country, Dressage etc - I used to Compete in Showing and Show Jumping mostly but have done a little One Day Eventing and Cross Country, which I am hoping to return to this Summer :biggrin:
I am currently training to become a Riding Instructor and am doing my BHS Stages (I'm on Stage 2 so far :tongue:), I'd also like to do Equine Anatomy/Physiology and Equine Psychology Distance Learning Courses (I can't afford Uni) so that once I'm a qualified Instructor I can give ppl a more holistic teaching perspective of the Horse, and the amazing creature it is!! :biggrin:

If there's anything else you'd like to ask with regard to Horses then please feel free, otherwise please fill this thread with Horse-related chat!! :biggrin:
All the Best,
~*Horse_Mad*~

Scroll to see replies

My baby :biggrin:
Awww, what a gorgeous Horse!! :biggrin:
Reply 3

These are 2 of my horses :smile: The top one is Ferdie, and the bottom one is HP .
Original post by emma11
x

These are 2 of my horses :smile: The top one is Ferdie, and the bottom one is HP .

They are lovely :biggrin: The top one has a monster jump though!

Just started popping poles with mine... She's a little bit excited by it all aha
Reply 5
Original post by CharleyChester
They are lovely :biggrin: The top one has a monster jump though!

Just started popping poles with mine... She's a little bit excited by it all aha

Thanks :') He does! He has jumped me off before and hes always frightening himself silly boy! Awh what is she? Is she only young?
Original post by emma11
Thanks :') He does! He has jumped me off before and hes always frightening himself silly boy! Awh what is she? Is she only young?

She's a lightweight cob. Absolutely lovely, just a bit of a head case at times... She's not naughty, but she's only 4 and a half, so when we do something new she just gets really excited aha :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by CharleyChester
She's a lightweight cob. Absolutely lovely, just a bit of a head case at times... She's not naughty, but she's only 4 and a half, so when we do something new she just gets really excited aha :biggrin:

Awwwww sounds fun :biggrin: I hope you get on well with her! X
Really Lovely Horses!! :biggrin: Thanks for participating Everyone, please keep it going!! :biggrin:
Reply 9
I don't need a horse when I can ride your mom!
Oh, well I guess I can't participate then seeing as I only ride and don't actually own a horse?...:tongue:
Original post by Gerd Loki
I don't need a horse when I can ride your mom!

Brilliant.

Original post by Antifazian
Oh, well I guess I can't participate then seeing as I only ride and don't actually own a horse?...:tongue:

Noo you can :smile: Horse riding is part and parcel of owning a horse :P I suspect there are probably more people here that ride horses than own them anyway xD Also, only riding doesn't necessarily mean you don't know about horse care etc etc :smile:
I've had lessons for about 14 years, not that often now due to uni and paying for them myself, I miss it loads. I've had 2 on part loan and I'd love my own when I've got the time.
This is Blue, who I had on part loan the year before last, he's a 15.2hh Conn X, quite lazy but a character! He got his name because he had dark dapples at the time, but they faded as he's about 17. I had another called Charlie who was also lovely but it wasn't quite the same bond :frown:

Reply 13
Has anyone done a stage one exam yet??? I really want to do it, but I don't know if I have the time to study and everything cos it has to coincide with school work :/
Is it hard?
And do you have to train at a BHS yard or can you do it up your own yard and do the exam at a proper yard? X
Reply 14
Ahh wheres the "I wish I owned a horse" society :tongue:
Original post by Leannek
Has anyone done a stage one exam yet??? I really want to do it, but I don't know if I have the time to study and everything cos it has to coincide with school work :/
Is it hard?
And do you have to train at a BHS yard or can you do it up your own yard and do the exam at a proper yard? X

Hiya :biggrin: I've done my Stage 1 :biggrin:
It's not difficult if you know Horses, though it's the learning the 'BHS way' of doing things and all the health and safety aspects that are more diffucult than what you learn - i.e you have to be very concious of treating the Horses as if you've never met them before in your exam, even if you know them very well :biggrin:

You can train at a BHS Yard though I know not all BHS Approved Yards actually offer Stages Training - it's best to ask :biggrin:
Yes, you can do the training @ your own Yard, in fact, as long as you're a BHS Member you can take the exam without prior formal training, though that's not advised :redface:
I did my Stage 1 with a College, but now that college has closed down my fab BHS Instructors do the training themselves @ their own Yard/@ their House etc :biggrin:
If you'd like to know more have a chat with anyone at the British Horse Society, or even any instrucotrs you know :biggrin:
I'm currently training for my Stage 2 - it's fantastic, I cant wait to become a qualified Instructor!! :biggrin:
Good Luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by Antifazian

Sorri, I should've made it the TSR Horse Riding Society :redface:
Please feel free to make that group though!! :biggrin:
Although I don't mind making it one day :tongue: lol
Original post by Botticello
I've had lessons for about 14 years, not that often now due to uni and paying for them myself, I miss it loads. I've had 2 on part loan and I'd love my own when I've got the time.
This is Blue, who I had on part loan the year before last, he's a 15.2hh Conn X, quite lazy but a character! He got his name because he had dark dapples at the time, but they faded as he's about 17. I had another called Charlie who was also lovely but it wasn't quite the same bond :frown:

Gorgeous Horse!! :biggrin:
Sorri to hear about Charlie, though I suppose it's always a goal you can set yourself to achieve in the future - to own a Horse of your own :redface:
Thank you for joining in!! :biggrin:
Original post by HMA
Ahh wheres the "I wish I owned a horse" society :tongue:

Oops, sorri, again :redface: I should make another Group - if no one else does I'll get around to it if I have time, though there's nothing stopping anyone who Rides joining the Group!! :biggrin:
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
Sorri, I should've made it the TSR Horse Riding Society :redface:
Please feel free to make that group though!! :biggrin:
Although I don't mind making it one day :tongue: lol

Meh, I was just being pedantic :tongue:

I haven't ridden for a few weeks due to the bad weather up here, but usually have lessons once a week, have done for about 11 years now and love it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest