The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eru Iluvatar

Original post by Eru Iluvatar
No, was just an expression of my frustration at him agreeing a deal then retiring.

oh :colondollar: i got a bit excited then.
Reply 9921
Spanish Cup, Uefa Cup (8-1 aggregate win vs Ajax in the quarters and a 4-1 win in the final against Valencia) and 3rd in the league all secured with Zaragoza. :biggrin: Defour and Insua both coming on a free transfer at the end of the season, but I am kind of regretting the contract I offered them both, they were rather large...
i've got Madrid away in the Spanish Cup next. Eep.
Reply 9923
One of my players is asking for a new contract from £16k to £70k... Not helped by the fact that his agent has a "fierce dislike" of me. Oops.
Is there any way of improving what an agent thinks of you? (besides probably paying them excessive fees)...

Quite a few dislike me, simply because i refuse to pay excessive wages.
Oh also for anyone with a biggish team and a good budget, Musacchio is an absolute snip at ~8m at the beginning of the game. Get him before someone else does.
Brighton have missed out on a 20% sell on clause for Alessandro Frau, as he has been signed by Brighton from Bradford on a free transfer.
:rolleyes:
Don't talk to me about transfer clauses. Apparently I'm paying Liverpool 80k for the next 80 times I play Mascherano. Buy out fee 2.5m. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Reply 9928
Original post by Seanisonfire
Oh also for anyone with a biggish team and a good budget, Musacchio is an absolute snip at ~8m at the beginning of the game. Get him before someone else does.

I just scouted him at the end of my 3rd season and apparently I could get him for £950k :s-smilie:
Original post by Ben25

Original post by Ben25
I just scouted him at the end of my 3rd season and apparently I could get him for £950k :s-smilie:

:zomg: from who? That's crazy.
Reply 9930
:zomg: from who? That's crazy.

Still with Villarreal, but he's on loan at Tenerife. He's the only guy in my game with that name, so I assume I have the right person?
Ok, my awesome transfer strategy is paying off. Raid the free transfers for youth and experience, and mix it in with some astute spending. Get youngsters who probably wont feature for me, but are good enough that after 6 months i can sell them on for a profit, plus good buy-on clauses.

Just brought in Kobylanski (great youth AMC/ST), Van Der Linden (cheap as chips DLC cover) and Brady (on a free), as well as Andy Johnson and Phil Neville (both on frees, and low wages to boot!)

Finally, add to that the awesome DRC Gigan i signed (who cost me about half my transfer kitty, but will be worth it sooner rather than later), and spending only 68k of my 135k wage budget... **** yeah!

One or two more signings on the horizon, and then i've got a championship to win! (even though i only predicted myself mid table).
Original post by Ben25

Original post by Ben25
Still with Villarreal, but he's on loan at Tenerife. He's the only guy in my game with that name, so I assume I have the right person?

Yep Villareal. Hmmm. He must have not advanced as far as he did on my previous save. Tbf I've only done 2 saves on fm11 and on my last one I developed him myself. Maybe he got ruined on yours. Are his stats not that great?
My strikers have finally figured out how to score.
Reply 9934
Yep Villareal. Hmmm. He must have not advanced as far as he did on my previous save. Tbf I've only done 2 saves on fm11 and on my last one I developed him myself. Maybe he got ruined on yours. Are his stats not that great?

He seems good enough for backup at £1.2m, and according to my scout he had potential to develop further, but that's all gone since I signed him.

Spoiler

Reply 9935
Wow... Barcelona let Busquets contract expire and despite a massive list of teams interested in him, I was the only one to offer him a contract. :eek:
In my infinite wisdom I forgot to register Villa for the CL. :colondollar: That leaves just Bojan and Neymar as my striking options..... :colonhash:
It's only taken six years but I have finally walked out of Chesterfield. Charlton have offered me the job so I am off to The Valley.
This is driving me mental. I still get players telling me they want to move to a bigger club. Bigger like who? How big must a club be? Last season my team won the league and the european championship. Chelsea are interested in him and he wants to go. Chelsea who? In the last 5 years my club has been a lot more successful, so why are they still considered to be a lot bigger?
Reply 9939
Original post by Llamageddon
This is driving me mental. I still get players telling me they want to move to a bigger club. Bigger like who? How big must a club be? Last season my team won the league and the european championship. Chelsea are interested in him and he wants to go. Chelsea who? In the last 5 years my club has been a lot more successful, so why are they still considered to be a lot bigger?

Are you above Chelsea in the 'european club ranking' or whatever it is called?

Latest