The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else feel like watching series one and two again or is it just me? :awesome:
Might even try US Skins just to see what it's like...
Wow, I watched season 1 way back in the day, and tuned into the new series episode 1 on youtube today. What a massive difference. Nothing like I remember it. Very cliché and unrealistic with the whole 'mean girl' thing. Not a hint of humour either. Well, the acting is pretty laughable.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 822
Original post by paddy__power
Series 1 + 2 = Excellent
Series 3 + 4 = Not bad, not excellent
Series 5 thus far = Bad

I agree completely!
Start of season 5 made me cry inside.. especially the renting of the night club.. really? it's turning american.. ugh.
Original post by HelenH27
I agree completely!
Start of season 5 made me cry inside.. especially the renting of the night club.. really? it's turning american.. ugh.

I doubt I'm going to watch any more of it tbh. I have the first two on DVD (and maybe the third season as well actually) and that will do me fine anytime I fancy watching skins. :h:
Reply 824
I doubt I'm going to watch any more of it tbh. I have the first two on DVD (and maybe the third season as well actually) and that will do me fine anytime I fancy watching skins. :h:

Oh no, i really want it to pick up somehow.. it will never be as good as it was before; skins isnt skins any more.. but there's no other show quite like it especially now that misfits is off telly too D: so ima keep watching. i'll let you know if it gets good again? ;p
Oh no, i really want it to pick up somehow.. it will never be as good as it was before; skins isnt skins any more.. but there's no other show quite like it especially now that misfits is off telly too D: so ima keep watching. i'll let you know if it gets good again? ;p

I'm going to hold you to that XD

I may find myself watching it anyway if there is absolutely nothing else on worth watching anywhere, but I hope it won't come to that. :p:
Reply 826
I love skins and I must say that series 1 and 2 with characters like tony, cassie, sid, chris and all the others were extremely interesting and unique. I also liked how Effy Stonem was portrayed in series 1 and even better in series 2 however when series 3 came out, I felt as if the characters individualities and expressions where a lot less. The characters in series 3 &4 seem a lot less interesting and topical. The plot of series 3&4 was not near interesting, nothing compared to 1&2. I hated the ending of series 4, and it became incredibly depressing to watch especially after Effy went under care and Freddies unnecessary death. Although characters like Cook brought a bit more life to the series and the lesbian plot, it still felt like it was missing something. There was no edge to it like in the previous series. I feel like skins needs more controversial characters like in series 1 we had cassie suffering from anorexia, and Jals pregnancy issue and Anwar and his “pick and choose” ways on his religion. We need characters like that, they should have Muslim girl portrayed or an overweight girl battling bullying and they need more outcasts, or nerds, Loners finding their inner selves. They need to show more of what goes on in society today, and off course add the entertainment. Now that series 5 is out, I watched it and honestly I thought Frankie was a very good character. Shes unique and special, however I’m a bit sceptical on Mini and her gang, it’s almost like mean girls all over again which I don’t particularly like. I guess we’l just have to wait and see for the rest. However series 1&2 will never be beaten and they are dearly missed! Can’t wait for the SKINS MOVIE though, I really hope they have all the characters from series 1 included as well...and I don;t like the fact that it’s based on the second generation. It should have been based on the first generation and how their lives have changed after college.
Reply 827
Original post by Galaxy27
I love skins and I must say that series 1 and 2 with characters like tony, cassie, sid, chris and all the others were extremely interesting and unique. I also liked how Effy Stonem was portrayed in series 1 and even better in series 2 however when series 3 came out, I felt as if the characters individualities and expressions where a lot less. The characters in series 3 &4 seem a lot less interesting and topical. The plot of series 3&4 was not near interesting, nothing compared to 1&2. I hated the ending of series 4, and it became incredibly depressing to watch especially after Effy went under care and Freddies unnecessary death. Although characters like Cook brought a bit more life to the series and the lesbian plot, it still felt like it was missing something. There was no edge to it like in the previous series. I feel like skins needs more controversial characters like in series 1 we had cassie suffering from anorexia, and Jals pregnancy issue and Anwar and his “pick and choose” ways on his religion. We need characters like that, they should have Muslim girl portrayed or an overweight girl battling bullying and they need more outcasts, or nerds, Loners finding their inner selves. They need to show more of what goes on in society today, and off course add the entertainment. Now that series 5 is out, I watched it and honestly I thought Frankie was a very good character. Shes unique and special, however I’m a bit sceptical on Mini and her gang, it’s almost like mean girls all over again which I don’t particularly like. I guess we’l just have to wait and see for the rest. However series 1&2 will never be beaten and they are dearly missed! Can’t wait for the SKINS MOVIE though, I really hope they have all the characters from series 1 included as well...and I don;t like the fact that it’s based on the second generation. It should have been based on the first generation and how their lives have changed after college.

CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE EITHER! cant wait to see tony and anwar back on screen! do you know who else is going to be in it?
Reply 828
I'm going to hold you to that XD

I may find myself watching it anyway if there is absolutely nothing else on worth watching anywhere, but I hope it won't come to that. :p:

haha, then i guess we'll discuss the episodes here then :tongue: -salutes-
haha, then i guess we'll discuss the episodes here then :tongue: -salutes-

Perhaps, yes :h:
Reply 830
CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE EITHER! cant wait to see tony and anwar back on screen! do you know who else is going to be in it?

I KNOWWWW I'm soooo excitedd...It better be good! Apprently its confirmed that dev, nicholas and kaya are going to be in it, but the rest are still unknown. I REALLLYYY HOPE all of generation 1 are in it. Chris :coma::dance: Whos your fav charac?? :tongue: For laughs I love "posh" Kenneth, he's absolutley hilarious! :biggrin:
Reply 831
I KNOWWWW I'm soooo excitedd...It better be good! Apprently its confirmed that dev, nicholas and kaya are going to be in it, but the rest are still unknown. I REALLLYYY HOPE all of generation 1 are in it. Chris :coma::dance: Whos your fav charac?? :tongue: For laughs I love "posh" Kenneth, he's absolutley hilarious! :biggrin:

Oh dear lord posh kenneth! hahaha xD they should just make the movie using the first cast and they can add freddie in for extra eye candy ;D I loved Maxxie - he was so cuteeee ^^ But Anwar was too funny ;') I really liked Cassie too :smile: She was a cool kinda crazy ;D And Effy's high felt so great to watch.. LOL
Reply 832
Oh dear lord posh kenneth! hahaha xD they should just make the movie using the first cast and they can add freddie in for extra eye candy ;D I loved Maxxie - he was so cuteeee ^^ But Anwar was too funny ;') I really liked Cassie too :smile: She was a cool kinda crazy ;D And Effy's high felt so great to watch.. LOL

LOL freddie...gosh don't you think his death was so random and out of the blue. I so did not expect it. And Maxxie awww yhh...but remember his stalker, oh god she freaked me out! Cassie is my fav too :tongue: I have to many favourites! So sad Chris died though...I actually felt like crying..he was such a good character...EXTREMELY good :frown:
The only thing thing that I liked was the new theme tune.

That was all.
I liked the "toned down" feel the first episode had. It won't last but oh well. I'm not looking forward to them turning Franky into a party loving knob and seeing half of the cast become depressed due to their involvement in a love triangle or something.
Original post by diamonddust
Anyone else feel like watching series one and two again or is it just me? :awesome:
Might even try US Skins just to see what it's like...

Don't bother with US Skins, is a remake of English first cast but with no acting skills and all the themes toned down.
Reply 836
LOL freddie...gosh don't you think his death was so random and out of the blue. I so did not expect it. And Maxxie awww yhh...but remember his stalker, oh god she freaked me out! Cassie is my fav too :tongue: I have to many favourites! So sad Chris died though...I actually felt like crying..he was such a good character...EXTREMELY good :frown:

Chris was so adorable in his naive little way - especially when hewas with angie.. aww :') Watching freddie's death made me feel so stupid; it was just such a stupid to do.. it was way to melodramatic season 3.. skins is supposed to reflect reality with a humorous twist on it.. this was taking it wayyy too far. Maxxie's stalker. OH MY. She was sooo weird. And LOL anwar and her xD
Reply 837
Original post by Fandabidoze!
I liked the "toned down" feel the first episode had. It won't last but oh well. I'm not looking forward to them turning Franky into a party loving knob and seeing half of the cast become depressed due to their involvement in a love triangle or something.

Imagine Franky falls in love with Nick :eek:

Now were talking :colone:
Imagine Franky falls in love with Nick :eek:

Now were talking :colone:

Nick? Is that the rugby player? I don't know most of the boys' names yet. I think she will end up shagging him (and basically turn into Effy 2.0) but they won't "fall in love".

She will most likely fall in love with the guy who saw her holding the gun and either Franky or him will die at the end of Series 6 as a result of said gun. Yes, I do think they will kill off another character.
I'm watching it now. Painful.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply