The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science Physics A - Unit 2: P4, P5, P6 (31st January 2011)

Heya!
I haven't seen any forums on this exam that was in the afternoon today! How did everyone find it?
Personally, the question with the boat and the last one (because I misdrew the diagrams) let me down.
Reply here!
Reply 1
Hey I did the same exam, did the hier tier, I perosnally found it hard,
Agree the last question was hard I didn''t understand at all and it was worth 4 marks
What were the drawings about on the boat because I didn't draw anything, hope I didn't miss anything out!
Reply 2
I did that exam as well, I didn't find it too hard but I know a lot of other people did so the grade boundaries will probably be really low. The last question was about diffraction, the longer wavelength diffrated a lot and the shorter wavelength not so much. simple? I agree the boat question was hard, and one with the blue and red light and the water droplet, really didn't get that one :frown:
Reply 3
Oooh I did the same paper this afternoon, and the blue and red light one really got to me because I tried asking the question in class but it never seemed to be made clear!
I described that the longer the wavelength the more it diffracts but I don't think my diagrams were obvious enough :frown:
Most people found it hard, hopefully the grade boundaries are low :tongue: Last year 28 out of 42 was an A*!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Pink_Kitty
I did that exam as well, I didn't find it too hard but I know a lot of other people did so the grade boundaries will probably be really low. The last question was about diffraction, the longer wavelength diffrated a lot and the shorter wavelength not so much. simple? I agree the boat question was hard, and one with the blue and red light and the water droplet, really didn't get that one :frown:

I found that so hard I resulted in trying to measure the arrows with a ruler to rule out the counter force and upward force are the same :tongue: It failed...obviously.. :tongue:
Reply 5
what question was the drawing on and what was it about
was it on the last page and what did you have to do on it?
Someone please answer
Reply 6
Original post by farzana1
what question was the drawing on and what was it about
was it on the last page and what did you have to do on it?
Someone please answer

It was the question about diffraction of different wavelengths on the last page of the paper.
Reply 7
Nice! Yeah the rainbow one was OK for me...some of it was a bit confusing! I drew more diffraction for a longer ?, but it went wrong so I ended up having to label them! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Bambi :)
It was the question about diffraction of different wavelengths on the last page of the paper.

Thanks
In the exam there wwere five minutes left, I had to do the last question and do a last check of my paper.
I probally just skipped read the questions, it was worth 4 marks, I diidn't do any drawings so probally lost a mark or two
Hope they put grade bounadries low
Thanks anyways
Reply 9
Did anyone do the B4,B5,B6 on 24th January 2011
Or C4,C5,C6 on 19th January 2011
How did you find the exams?
Reply 10
Did anyone do the B4,B5,B6 on 24th January 2011
Or C4,C5,C6 on 19th January 2011
How did you find the exams?

I did the Biology but the Chemistry I did in June. I found the Biology paper had LOOAADDSS of long answer questions and have never done a paper with so many! The difference between the 2008 and 2010 paper was massive. I found the exam pretty okay considering all the long answer questions, what about you? :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by Bambi :)
I did the Biology but the Chemistry I did in June. I found the Biology paper had LOOAADDSS of long answer questions and have never done a paper with so many! The difference between the 2008 and 2010 paper was massive. I found the exam pretty okay considering all the long answer questions, what about you? :wink:

Yes it was ok, there was loads of questions on it
whay year are you in school
what grtades do you want to get
Reply 12
Yes it was ok, there was loads of questions on it
whay year are you in school
what grtades do you want to get

I'm in year 11 and hopefully I'll get at least an A on the paper. How do you think you did on the Bio? :smile:
Reply 13
For the last diffraction question I put that because the wavelength was about the same size as the narrow gap, it diffracted more. And in the other one I put it didn't diffract at all because the gap was smaller than the wavelength. I'm not entirely sure if this is right tho :/

I found this paper quite hard especially the questions about red and blue light, the water droplet one confused me too. I bet I messed up the circuit and boat questions too. I hope the grade boundaries are low because the majority of my classmates found the exam relatively hard too.
Reply 14
I hated this exam! I found it so hard! Everyone else seem to have found it easy. So hopefully *fingers crossed* The grade boundaries will be really low.
Reply 15
We get the results 2moro, you check the grade boundaries on the ocr website!
Reply 16
I was ill on that exam :frown:
got the re-sit in a couple of weeks, im absolutely gutted, cos that means i have 17 exams now, and i was set for an A* :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending