The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by diamonddust
This! Totally agree with this whole post, especially the bits I bolded. The first generation were the most mature, which is saying something! :tongue:
Don't think Frankie belongs in series 1 tbh, I really don't rate her character. Dakota Blue Richards is pretty good though! Can't believe that's wee Lyra! :tongue:

Never going to happen unless she gets a job for the Royal Mail and somehow gets her gun back.

However, thinking about it, didn't her parents have a whole collection of different guns at their place which they mentioned in the first episode?

Could have been done on purpose.

Throw that in the first episode and then in series 6 Franky goes AWOL.
Original post by tillytots
Yeah, I have, but in the sense of not desperately wanting to get laid like JJ and sid, apparently this episode is about how she's feeling 'pressurised' into doing it :rolleyes:

Kelly brook looked smoking and I'm a straight female :P

Oh seriously? Come on, it's like the cast are all 14! :rolleyes:

Liv looks SO much like Jal!
Original post by Willum Infanta
It's a shame, I thought that angel of death was pretty hot... :sigh:

Onto the episode, well meh, that's why I don't really judge the people too much, I knew Mini would have had loads of problems herself.

Does anyone sympathise with Mini?

It's kinda nice Mini wasn't as bitchy as she normally is. Turns out the queen bee bully is full of insecurities herself. I got the impression that she has body image and confidence issues, and was still a virgin until she slept with Nick that episode (I think?). And the fact that she did sleep with him after knowing he'd just cheated on her with her best friend - just wow :s-smilie:. She must really not have very much self worth to do that, poor girl.
Original post by CharleyChester
Couldn't give a **** about any of the characters apart from Frankie and that weird guy that appears out of no where.

He's cute.

Yeah.... :wink:
Thought tonight's episode was actually pretty good - nice to see Mini isn't one dimensional! Think we are getting to the meaty bits now!
i know this is a really random thing to notice, but does anyone find the camera colour/settings different to other series of skins....
i dont like it
What's wrong with her? I cba to wait to watch the whole thing...
She just seems like your average cow!
'You're the ultimate boyfriend.' Cringe.
OMG, is Mini a virgin?

Spoiler

Now if I just wrote all that for nothing (I'm missing rudetube here :unimpressed: ) then I shall rage.
Original post by CharleyChester
Couldn't give a **** about any of the characters apart from Frankie and that weird guy that appears out of no where.

He's cute.

Wahey, Matty :cute:. I need to know what the deal with him is though. I swear, he's barely had more than five minutes of screentime so far :s-smilie:. Way too mysterious. And according to Wikipedia, he doesn't even get his own episode :curious:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
It's kinda nice Mini wasn't as bitchy as she normally is. Turns out the queen bee bully is full of insecurities herself. I got the impression that she has body image and confidence issues, and was still a virgin until she slept with Nick that episode (I think?). And the fact that she did sleep with him after knowing he'd just cheated on her with her best friend - just wow :s-smilie:. She must really not have very much self worth to do that, poor girl.

There's a surprise. :tongue: I actually don't care though... why am I still watching?
The fact she slept with him after he slept with Liv (?) is really sad. But meh.
She really does have confidence issues. Her boyfriend seems like a right **** so far.
I feel a bit sorry for her.
Original post by Willum Infanta

Spoiler

Now if I just wrote all that for nothing (I'm missing rudetube here :unimpressed: ) then I shall rage.

Thanks so much for that! I've got to the vomit bit.
Feeling a bit meh about the episode so far, mostly because I don't actually care. :redface:
But thank you! :biggrin:
Awwww Rich and Grace!
Grace is an appalling actress though. But she's so pretty it makes up for it.
After season six, the next couple of seasons they make should revolve around some form of university as the college storyline is growing tedious, and as many of skins oldest and most loyal fans are probably older than 16/17 (just starting college)
Original post by placebo24
Thought tonight's episode was actually pretty good - nice to see Mini isn't one dimensional! Think we are getting to the meaty bits now!

Funnily enough, I still think she is. I don't see any issues with her that I didn't expect. Ok, the virgin thing is a bit of a surprise but body image issues? Yeah, how innovative. I don't think I'll bother with next week. Though knowing me, I probably will. :tongue:
Rich's shirt was awesome, I want it.
Yeah.... :wink:

That's the only reason I'm still watching.... he went to my old school; in the year below me.

I wish he'd get some more screen-time though.
I knew Rich was fit under that mop. His accent is to die for also.
As for this series. It's pants. Utter pants.

I re-watched Series 1 and 2 and by god there is a difference. It reminded me of what Skins used to be and not this regurgitated rubbish.

Alas. I am still watching it.

p.s long live Sid.
just finished watching on 40d....my opinion on this episode was that it was much better than last weeks and had some skins moments, although its still lacking something.
definitely think the reason is that in series one, you had to an extent the stereotypical characters but they fitted together well as a group of friends making it more realistic and they were clearly good friends so it was easier to get attached
i think with this series and the last they're trying too hard with different types of characters to make it new and interesting, and although they still try to give them depth by characters episodes it seems forced and rushed, especially as they arent really friends so other than their characters episodes, you dont really get that much of a chance to see them develop. its definitely too "character episode" orientated. also the acting isnt the best...
on the other hand....nick is a sexy beast XD
and i know ill be watching it next week..
from
to a fashion show...

so predictable with everything
It's so **** BUT I CAN'T STOP WATCHING :bawling: And wtf is up with the crap music at the start- they should bring back the music of Series 1 which was absolutely excellent.

nF37GPNW1WQ
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest