Scroll to see replies

Holy **** what happened to Nouse?
University of York
York
Original post by TruckBear
Have a wee lookee at this.

Fancy deferring a year? :biggrin:

If I didn't before, I do now. :biggrin:

I probably just want a free laptop, though.
Reply 42
Original post by AlexAntiHeroine
If I didn't before, I do now. :biggrin:

I probably just want a free laptop, though.

For the extra money it would probably just be cheaper to buy one :')?
yeah lol, pay an extra £6000 and we'll give you *free* textbooks and laptops!
Original post by Quadratic
For the extra money it would probably just be cheaper to buy one :')?

Fair point, but I can't wait until I'm earning over £21000 a year to pay for my laptop. :smile:
Name: Louise (call me Lou, though!)

Course: English

Offer: Unconditional (AAA)

Favourite Accommodation: James College

Any other info: Completely cannot wait... Still itching to get hold of the reading list - anybody who has it, please share! Can't wait to start really :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
York looks awesome cant wait to go to the open day on Wednesday the 23rd of Feb!
Name: Lucy

Course: Chemistry

Offer: Conditional (ABB)

Favourite Accommodation: Completely unsure, either Vanbrugh standard, or James/Alcuin ensuite i think, but i really don't know..

Any other info: Haven't acctually firmed it yet, waiting on seeing Durham, but I'm still pretty damn certain that im going to firm it soo :smile:
Also have no idea which accommodation I'd go for, and im probably over-thinking it :P
Reply 48
Name: Helen

Course: English and Related Literature

Offer: Conditional (AAA)

Favourite Accommodation: I liked Alcuin :rolleyes:

Any other info: Deferred entry :biggrin: gap year, then starting York in 2012! So incredibly excited, it's my dream course, the city is beautiful and it has a shop selling swords! Would love to know the reading list if anyone can get hold of it :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by Helen H

Any other info: Deferred entry :biggrin: gap year, then starting York in 2012! So incredibly excited, it's my dream course, the city is beautiful and it has a shop selling swords! Would love to know the reading list if anyone can get hold of it :smile:

You must be mad! Deferring entry before the new higher fees... crazy
Reply 50
Name: Alex

Course: English Language and Linguistics

Offer: Unconditional (AAB)

Favourite Accommodation: Not too fussy! As long as the social aspect is good

Any other info: Just accepted my offer, can't wait to go :smile:
I used to think Goodricke was the best college but it seems secluded from the heart of the university with only the new buildings to compensate. So im tending towards James College since its suppose to have more economics students relative to the others and the higher proportion of international students.
Reply 52
Name: Hannah

Course: Economics and economic history

Offer: Unconditional

Favourite Accommodation: Alcuin, or james - whichever i can get up later for lectures...

Any other info: oct should HURRY UP, i'd be quite happy if it was next week, I'M SO BORED!!
Original post by hannah9000

Name: Hannah

Course: Economics and economic history

Offer: Unconditional

Favourite Accommodation: Alcuin, or james - whichever i can get up later for lectures...

Any other info: oct should HURRY UP, i'd be quite happy if it was next week, I'M SO BORED!!

Not Halifax then? :puppyeyes: :p:
Reply 54
Original post by -WhySoSerious?
Not Halifax then? :puppyeyes: :p:

haha - well i read what you said about being ok living in not great accom and having good housemates - well i had a broken bed, a puke stained carpet, no curtains and a VERY smelley room and TERRIBLE housemates. so no, not halifax!!

it'll always hold an... interesting place in my heart

haha - well i read what you said about being ok living in not great accom and having good housemates - well i had a broken bed, a puke stained carpet, no curtains and a VERY smelley room and TERRIBLE housemates. so no, not halifax!!

o.0 Holy hell, I was in SLC and mine was fine! Can understand then :P
Reply 56
Original post by alwatkins1991
You must be mad! Deferring entry before the new higher fees... crazy

Haha, I know what you mean, but I had organised and booked my gap year before any word of increased costs came about. I'm going to teach in Kenya for four months, then Australia and New Zealand and it would have been diastrous and unfair to the other people involved to back out then. Besides, I'm going to spend half my life paying back all the fees anyway, I might as well do it with some wonderful memories :wink: though if I'd known about the increased fees before applying, of course I wouldn't have gone the hard way!

Yikes! I'll just strike Halifax off my list of potential college choices :tongue:
Reply 58
Original post by -WhySoSerious?
o.0 Holy hell, I was in SLC and mine was fine! Can understand then :P

ha yeah - don't really want people to think i'm a very fussy bitch! - plus 1 shower between 10 - not cool!! glad i allowed though - its a lot of money to spend when you aren't happy. plus cos it was a rooflight window - rain came in and i couldn't see out so felt a tad like a prison cell!

Original post by LostHorizons
Yikes! I'll just strike Halifax off my list of potential college choices :tongue:

ha - i was VERY very unlucky. i keep thinking back - if i'd only done a little bit better in history i'd have made my offer and been let in straight away and got half decent accom and not been with wasters who didn't want to come to york and came through clearing! still the past in the past, and gap year is nice and relaxing and boring. i have a lot of time to find myself haha

i need to go on a course of understanding the yorkshire accent before i come - i can understand women, but not men. i'm just like EH?!

Original post by LostHorizons

Go ahead, we don't need the likes of you :p:

ha - i was VERY very unlucky. i keep thinking back - if i'd only done a little bit better in history i'd have made my offer and been let in straight away and got half decent accom and not been with wasters who didn't want to come to york and came through clearing! still the past in the past, and gap year is nice and relaxing and boring. i have a lot of time to find myself haha

Just keep up with your A-Level maths/stats is all I'd say. Brush up on basic econ, and learn about indifference curves, that's your first term sorted :P

i need to go on a course of understanding the yorkshire accent before i come - i can understand women, but not men. i'm just like EH?!

:nothing:

s'not that hard. seriously.

Quick Reply