The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Democracy
Apparently TSR's Zionists are committing mass e-suicide tomorrow.

May I ask why?

So that "Hashem" may reward our martyrdom with ever lasting peace in paradise, alongside our beloved Zionist prophet Herzl.

You realise that the point of TSR (and its debating forums) isn't to actively convert people to your point of view, and failing that to ban yourselves?

Personally, I find myself writing here less and less, because it just became boring.

It used to be interesting (I even learned a few things while debating), but it isn't anymore since now most of the writers on here are not knowledgeable at all. If you look at the crowd you'll see it's mostly racists, holocaust deniers and lovely88.

When Folderol told me he's leaving and asked if I wanted to leave too, I just realized that since I hardly participate anymore, I just might as well.

P.S: I feel I'm qualified to weigh in on this matter since I'm completely neutral. I don't care about the Israel-Palestine conflict really so I can't be accused of taking "sides".

OK, I'll tell you the truth now. The Zionist agency I worked for as an internet propagandist fired me.
Reply 81

Not just Zionists. Ma3eeni is also banning himself.

May I ask why? You realise that the point of TSR (and its debating forums) isn't to actively convert people to your point of view, and failing that to ban yourselves?

Nobody has stated that as the reason for leaving. My reasons are here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29792751&postcount=8080

I also advise you to go through the old thread; multiple users engaging in Holocaust denial, users being so clueless about the conflict they think that Israel "might" be the David in this conflict, accusing all people who support Israel of being Jewish, claiming all Israelis are Jewish, claiming Jews are "greedy, penny pinchers" and thats without going into the stupidity of the frequently made claims that anyone who reads a book (whether pro-Pal or not) can be debunked.

This is no longer a place for rational discourse.
Reply 82
Original post by borismor
So that "Hashem" may reward our martyrdom with ever lasting peace in paradise, alongside our beloved Zionist prophet Herzl.

Ever lasting rivers of hummus.
Original post by borismor

Quality answer :rolleyes:

Personally, I find myself writing here less and less, because it just became boring.

It used to be interesting (I even learned a few things while debating), but it isn't anymore since now most of the writers on here are not knowledgeable at all. If you look at the crowd you'll see it's mostly racists, holocaust deniers and lovely88.

When Folderol told me he's leaving and asked if I wanted to leave too, I just realized that since I hardly participate anymore, I just might as well.
Mate, I've been on TSR for nearly five years now, it's always been filled with racists and scum as long as I've been here, and I'm sure before I turned up it was too.

OK, I'll tell you the truth now. The Zionist agency I worked for as an internet propagandist fired me.
Why are you so defensive? You know very well that I wouldn't say something like that, so chill out.

Original post by Folderol
Not just Zionists. Ma3eeni is also banning himself.

Nobody has stated that as the reason for leaving. My reasons are here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29792751&postcount=8080

Implicitly though it IS your reason. You're only going to stick around if you can debate this singular issue in a way that's conducive to your aims and particular agenda.

Bit silly really. People may joke around, but you're actually not an Israeli agent , so who the hell cares if people aren't taking the Israel debate seriously enough? Why is it such a big deal for you that either people do it right or you press TSR's equivalent of a self-destruct button?

I also advise you to go through the old thread; multiple users engaging in Holocaust denial, users being so clueless about the conflict they think that Israel "might" be the David in this conflict, accusing all people who support Israel of being Jewish, claiming all Israelis are Jewish, claiming Jews are "greedy, penny pinchers" and thats without going into the stupidity of the frequently made claims that anyone who reads a book (whether pro-Pal or not) can be debunked.
Heaven forbid you should try living my life, having to deal with every filthy regime supporter on this board from Bateman, to well, you know the rest :wink: While back I had a guy trying to tell me that most Iranians supported Ahmadinejad...but it doesn't really bother me enough for me to take drastic measures such as banning myself from a website. People are morons. The whole point of the debate and discussion forums is to a) not take it personally b) defeat them with the force of your argument.

But then again I don't view the point of the debate forums as trying to convert people to my point of view. So I don't find their ignorance personally offensive, and therefore I don't feel the need to leave.

Honestly
This is no longer a place for rational discourse.

:smile:
Reply 84
Implicitly though it IS your reason. You're only going to stick around if you can debate this singular issue in a way that's conducive to your aims and particular agenda.

Nope; if there was a rational discourse to be had, I'd be more than happy to stay. If people weren't engaging in blatant and outright Holocaust denial, antisemitism and straightout libel; I'd be more than happy to engage - even if they weren't convinced of my particular view. I've been debating this for 3 years; its not because I've suddenly realised that loads of people are pro-Palestinian.

Bit silly really. People may joke around, but you're actually not an Israeli agent , so who the hell cares if people aren't taking the Israel debate seriously enough? Why is it such a big deal for you that either people do it right or you press TSR's equivalent of a self-destruct button?

The point is that they think these things seriously; they honestly believe that Hitler was a Zionist Jew who had his body hidden by Israelis, they honestly believe that Jews are "known to be liars," "greedy, penny pinchers," etc. etc. If this was all a joke, I'd brush it aside - but these are facts to these people.

The whole point of the debate and discussion forums is to a) not take it personally

Ironic.

b) defeat them with the force of your argument.

If you want to engage with Holocaust deniers, anti-semites, people who really don't know much, feel free.

But then again I don't view the point of the debate forums as trying to convert people to my point of view. So I don't find their ignorance personally offensive, and therefore I don't feel the need to leave.

I don't find it personally offensive. Nor do I view the point of a debate forum as trying to convert people to my point of view.

If you want to engage with Holocaust deniers, anti-semites, people who really don't know much, feel free.
I deal with "people who don't know much" on a day to day basis, it's what being a D&D vet (and mod) means, but I've never been bothered enough by it to consider leaving.

My entire point is that you're taking this way too seriously and letting other people's ignorance affect you.

As for why I don't do it, I already told you, I couldn't care less about this particular conflict. It's none of my business, and I don't know enough about it to try and get involved. On the other hand, as you well know, I've dealt with all manner of ignoramuses on the Iran issue but I haven't ever taken it as personally as you have i.e. banning myself from the forum.

Ironic.
Err, is it?
Reply 86
I deal with "people who don't know much" on a day to day basis, it's what being a D&D vet (and mod) means, but I've never been bothered enough by it to consider leaving.

That's really good for you, I suppose. I just don't want to take part in an irrational discourse. I repeat: I have been doing this for 3 years, this is not because I've suddenly realised people disagree with me (and the same goes for the pro-Pal leaving, ma3eeni). It's because there is no rational discourse here. "People who don't know much" is putting it mildly and ignores the other things I listed as well; the Holocaust deniers and the antisemites, etc. etc.

My entire point is that you're taking this way too seriously and letting other people's ignorance affect you. On the other hand, as you well know, I've dealt with all manner of ignoramuses on the Iran issue but I haven't ever taken it as personally as you have i.e. banning myself from the forum.

You consider banning yourself from a forum taking it "too seriously"? I think the opposite; if you think banning yourself from a forum is "serious" and "taking it personally" - I think its you who is taking it too seriously. It's hardly a life or death issue; its TSR.
That's really good for you, I suppose. I just don't want to take part in an irrational discourse. I repeat: I have been doing this for 3 years, this is not because I've suddenly realised people disagree with me (and the same goes for the pro-Pal leaving, ma3eeni). It's because there is no rational discourse here. "People who don't know much" is putting it mildly and ignores the other things I listed as well; the Holocaust deniers and the antisemites, etc. etc.

I really want to be introduced to this Golden Age of TSR Rationality...cause for the past (approximately) five years, I've yet to have encountered it.

TSR goes through phases like any other system, to use an example that's more relevant to me the Persian soc in 2007/8 was filled with regime supporters, but I didn't really care enough to feel the need to leave...which brings us neatly onto your next point (or rather mischaracterisation)...

You consider banning yourself from a forum taking it "too seriously"? I think the opposite; if you think banning yourself from a forum is "serious" and "taking it personally" - I think its you who is taking it too seriously. It's hardly a life or death issue; its TSR.
Don't take quotes out of context, you can do better than that and don't employ reductio ad absurdum either, I never said it was life or death, but the fact of the matter is that you're a good mod and a good user, it's silly to leave over other people's moronic behaviour.

But at the end of the day it is your decision and if you're tired of it, well...:goodnight:
Reply 88

May I ask why? You realise that the point of TSR (and its debating forums) isn't to actively convert people to your point of view, and failing that to ban yourselves?

P.S: I feel I'm qualified to weigh in on this matter since I'm completely neutral. I don't care about the Israel-Palestine conflict really so I can't be accused of taking "sides".

Really? I knew Folderol was leaving but who else?

If they leave then it's the end of Israel!!1 :lolwut: :confused:

Spoiler

Reply 89
Original post by CODKING
Not justifying anything old man. Please read my words again.

Not sure what you are on about here but answering a question I posed to a fellow jew exhibits an admirable sense of community I suppose. If you can't accept the fact that burning hatred in Palestinians is fuelled by israel, you are a million light years away from any sort of resolution.

Questions for you:

Why do you think Israel has nuclear weapons?

Why do any of us have the right to decide who else is allowed nuclear weapons?

You are. You are arguing that people might wish for Israel to be nuked because they are frustrated by Israel's actions. Can you not see how moronic this statement is? As for your other point, I did not deny that the palestinian hatred is fuelled by Israeli actions. However you cant justify suicide bombings and the purposeful killing of innocent people entirely upon this. As I said, there is a whole level here of religious fanaticism, especially when it comes to Hamas and Islamic Jihad, which people like you willfuly ignore.

Look at this for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shalhevet_Pass
are you really going to argue that a grown man purposefully murdered a baby just because of Israeli actions? come off it.

As for your first question, Israel has nukes because they serve as a deterrent. Considering that pretty much every country in the middle east hates Israel's guts, and considering that there have been 3 wars in which Israel's surrounding arab neigbours attacked it with the intention of obliteration, you can see that this is fairly reasonable.

As for your second question, I would concede that nukes in general should be reduced (including Israel's), and that nuclear proliferation is not a positive development, especially in such a volatile area such as the middle east. The president of Iran has publicly wished to wipe Israel off the map, and the country is ruled by a bunch of medieval ayatollahs who go against every notion of liberalism and modernism. It becomes fairly clear that the notion of Iran acquiring nukes is not desirable at all, obviously not for Israel but not for world stability either.
Reply 90
I really want to be introduced to this Golden Age of TSR Rationality...cause for the past (approximately) five years, I've yet to have encountered it.

It wasn't a Golden Age - ever, and there have always been racists. But when the most frequent posters engage in Holocaust denial and antisemitism - thats when it moves out of rational discourse.

Don't take quotes out of context, you can do better than that and don't employ reductio ad absurdum either, I never said it was life or death, but the fact of the matter is that you're a good mod and a good user, it's silly to leave over other people's moronic behaviour.

Thank you for the compliment. And, I really don't consider it taking "seriously" or "taking it personally" in any context with regards to an student internet forum. It's just a forum; its not serious, its not taking it too personally. It doesn't affect anyone's life - not mine, not other people's.

But at the end of the day it is your decision and if you're tired of it, well...:goodnight:

Yessir.
Reply 91
Original post by In2deep

Borismor, Axes and the pro-Palestinian user Ma3eeni.

Spoiler

Busted :awesome:
Reply 92

Why are you so defensive? You know very well that I wouldn't say something like that, so chill out.

Just kidding with ya, mate.
Reply 93
Ever lasting rivers of hummus.

And 72 Falafel rolls.
Reply 94
Original post by In2deep

Or their contracts are done and new debaters are being brought in :ahee: :ahee:

Im getting married, moving to china, working in two jobs, and have to finish my MA untill July, so Im a bit busy. Oh, and my contracts done.
Reply 95
Original post by Axes
Im getting married, moving to china, working in two jobs, and have to finish my MA untill July, so Im a bit busy. Oh, and my contracts done.

:rofl:

No doubt moved to China to win the hearts and minds of those puppets :ninja: :tongue:

Seriously though, goodbye, hope things work out for you over there :smile:
Original post by zohaib93
well if palestinians can't have their land back, then it doesn't really matter whether palestine is nuked or not, becuase being dead is better than living under israeli occupation and a blockade, think of the blockade like a gas chamber in nazi germany, where jews were locked in, only difference is that israel hasn't used the gas...yet, but by the way things are going i won't put it past them, after all they have first hand experience in how to manage such things efficiently so we won't get a whiff of it.

Original post by CODKING
Might be symptomatic of the frustration people feel on here. In the case of Palestinians, the sense of utter despair they must experience everyday makes suicide bombing look like a positive outcome. Why else do you think they do it?

So you're telling me you'd rather kill all Palestinians at the same time as nuking Israel as you think it will be better for them?

You lefties are complete whack jobs it is unreal, you don't deserve to try and defend Palestine as you want to wipe them out too :angry: you utter failures of Pro-Palestine people.
Reply 97
Original post by tehFrance
So you're telling me you'd rather kill all Palestinians at the same time as nuking Israel as you think it will be better for them?

You lefties are complete whack jobs it is unreal, you don't deserve to try and defend Palestine as you want to wipe them out too :angry: you utter failures of Pro-Palestine people.

It is truly mind boggling :s-smilie:

But I would argue that people like Zohaib dont give a crap about the palestinians, they just really really REALLY hate jews :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by In2deep

Spoiler

I'm staying... but then I'm on a four-year contract. Catch 'em whilst they're young, that's what the boss says.
Original post by Balagan
It is truly mind boggling :s-smilie:

But I would argue that people like Zohaib dont give a crap about the palestinians, they just really really REALLY hate jews :smile:

They probably never been to Israel or Palestine either... bleedin' plonkers :tongue:

Latest