The Student Room Group

BBC3 - Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Organ
the fact that medics wear scrubs in the usa is probably its most attractive feature imo

Some hospital in Wales (iirc) is making doctors wear a 'uniform' of scrubs in some kind of America-esque way I remember reading.

In the same article it has something about them wanting to bring back white coats, but with short sleeves. That would look ****ing ridiculous, haha.
Original post by Beska
Some hospital in Wales (iirc) is making doctors wear a 'uniform' of scrubs in some kind of America-esque way I remember reading.

In the same article it has something about them wanting to bring back white coats, but with short sleeves. That would look ****ing ridiculous, haha.

Guy's and St Thomas already have those coats. I have one in my cupboard.
Reply 762
Original post by Beska
I agree with you about the bottoms actually, on the few times I've actually worn scrubs they've seemed a bit drafty...
They made nipping out for a 4am fag in December a decidedly iffy proposition.
Reply 763
Original post by Beska

white coats remain in wales as well :colonhash:
Reply 764
Original post by Mushi_master
Guy's and St Thomas already have those coats. I have one in my cupboard.

Do they look as ridiculous as they sound??
Original post by Beska
Do they look as ridiculous as they sound??

Not really tbh, I don't mind them at all. Trying to find a pic but to no avail.
Reply 766
Original post by Organ
white coats remain in wales as well :colonhash:
I have one of those!
Reply 767
Original post by Beska

Ew, white coats with short sleeves?

In Wales now alllll the nursing and midwifery staff have to wear colour-coded scrubs. Its pretty cool because you know immediately who everyone is. And they're well comfy.

Docs are still in smart/casual though. The only people I've seen in white coats are from the path lab.
Original post by Renal
u wot?

Kier was a mature student was he not? Or if he's not, for some reason he's older than the other Doctors on the show.
Reply 769
Original post by Troubled_Student
Kier was a mature student was he not? Or if he's not, for some reason he's older than the other Doctors on the show.
I think he is slightly older, for what it's worth, not a mature student any more though.
Reply 770
Original post by Renal
I have one of those!

are you allowed to wear it at work?
Reply 771
Original post by puddlejumper
I would never give neg rep no matter what what the cause
You've made 55 posts whinging about neg rep in one way or another and you've just negged me at 13:50 today, you really are a hypocritical **** aren't you?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 772
Original post by Organ
are you allowed to wear it at work?
Yer, we're encouraged to wear it over scrubs away from clinical areas - you can't get served in the canteen without it.
Reply 773
Original post by Renal
Yer, we're encouraged to wear it over scrubs away from clinical areas - you can't get served in the canteen without it.

I was under the impression it was banned, it is in West Yorkshire anyway? Or is the ban just in clinical areas?
White coats were good for my BNF :frown:
Reply 775
Original post by Organ
I was under the impression it was banned, it is in West Yorkshire anyway? Or is the ban just in clinical areas?
I have no idea, it makes no sense to me. I can wear it everywhere except in theatre.
Original post by Renal
You've made 55 posts whinging about neg rep in one way or another and you've just negged me at 13:50 today, you really are a hypocritical **** aren't you?

Perhaps I am, but I felt that since we are forced to accept neg rep then it is only fair to start dishing it out myself, so since the new system began I have been using it when I can't be bothered to think up a suitable argument to a post that I don't agree with!

I would be happy to get rid of the whole system completely but unfortunately some people on this forum think that it is essential. I don't see you moaning about pos rep, after all.

In my view rep only causes discord, but if you can't beat it then you have to join it. And I should repeat, I never used rep under the old unfair system where some twonk with a million gems could wipe out the pos rep gained over months and years of posting.
Original post by Renal
And what have you actually done about that? Or do you just talk about what other people should be doing?

EDIT: After a quick post review, I see...

I'd put my career record up against yours any day. When you get to my age we'll compare statistics. Assuming that I'm still breathing!
Reply 778
Original post by puddlejumper
I'd put my career record up against yours any day. When you get to my age we'll compare statistics. Assuming that I'm still breathing!
But you won't, not unless you're going to stop hiding what you do. Top secret quacktitioner?
Reply 779
why isn't episode 2 on iplayer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending