The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You'll all say "ugly girls" but at the same time, they might be more likely to have low self-esteem but therefore, they might have low confidence and less likely to want to have sex.

I'm quite an ugly person, I don't have much difficulty getting laid. It's not impossible for anyone to get laid, if people want to go out and get sex they probably can. It's just how you play the game.
Original post by Pinball_heart
I didn't think I had to spell it out to people on here.
Girls bodies are more impressive. We call them bag-heads, those ones who you'd have sex with but with a bag on there head. But you don't get that with guys.

Guys can have ugly faces but good bodies too you know.
Original post by Pinball_heart
Ugly girls, because they can have good bodies, which render the face less of an issue.
What? The answer IS ugly girls but it's got nothing to do with bodies. Just due to the way our society is constructed. i.e Both sexes get horny but one of them has to be a bitch about it.
Reply 23
Original post by Jonty99
Women are the "choosy" gender. It's just the way humans work. Guys have to try to impress the women, who then choose the guy they like the most. You see this with other animals too.

Therefore it's easier for women to get laid.

NOT TRUE. You don't understand how attraction works.

Women are only the 'choosers' when you are a beta male. Beta males don't have choice with women, and have to therefore 'settle' for those women who choose him.

But when you are an alpha male, you become the rare guy who has power and choice with women.

Original post by Jonty99
Guys have to try to impress the women, who then choose the guy they like the most. You see this with other animals too.

A beta male tries to impress women, because he is insecure in himself and therefore feels the need to prove himself to women in order to try and win them over. That is a weak mindset.

Alpha males have a different mindset. When I approach a girl, I don't try to impress her. I don't try to 'prove myself' to her. I don't try to 'win her over'. Instead, I am there to see if she's interesting to ME. I already know I'm an awesome guy....so the question then becomes, 'do I find her interesting?' or 'does this girl meet my criteria?'. If I don't find her interesting, I move on to someone else. I am the chooser rather than the choosee.

This is much stronger mindset to have. It gives you power and choice with women.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Neil_K

Women are only the 'choosers' when you are a beta male. Beta males don't have choice with women, and have to therefore 'settle' for those women who choose him.

But when you are an alpha male, you become the rare guy who has power and choice with women.

A beta male tries to impress women, because he is insecure in himself and therefore feels the need to prove himself to women in order to try and win them over. That is a weak mindset.

Alpha males have a different mindset. When I approach a girl, I don't try to impress her. I don't try to 'prove myself' to her. I don't try to 'win her over'. Instead, I am there to see if she's interesting to ME. I already know I'm an awesome guy....so the question then becomes, 'do I find her interesting?' or 'does this girl meet my criteria?'. If I don't find her interesting, I move on to someone else. I am the chooser rather than the choosee.

This is much stronger mindset to have. It gives you power and choice with women.

You are missing one important thing, and that is social acceptance. This is where alpha male came from..It isn't a trick you can conjure in your mind, that is just called confidence.
Original post by sammynorton90
I know 'beauty's subjective', 'it's whats inside that counts', 'this question is shallow and crude' , yada yada yada, blah blah blah. Putting that all aside, and just being hypothetical, is it easier for ugly girls to get laid in our society, or ugly guys? I personally think it's easier for ugly girls, as a lot of guys will lower there standards if there is the chance of sex, whereas girls are usually less likely to, as they'll get a reputation as being easy, and are generally more picky.

Which one are you then? Ugly guy or the ugly girl? I bet both.. before and after the operation? :frown::eek::confused:
Reply 26
Original post by ForKicks
You are missing one important thing, and that is social acceptance. This is where alpha male came from..It isn't a trick you can conjure in your mind, that is just called confidence.

What has 'social acceptance' got to do with my points, or this discussion?

Also, if anything, true alpha males are those who don't give a **** about 'social acceptance'...they do their own thing, without caring what other people think/without seeking approval from others....which is exactly what makes them alpha.
girls
Original post by Neil_K

This person is a virgin.
Original post by Neil_K

Also, if anything, true alpha males are those who don't give a **** about 'social acceptance'...they do their own thing, without caring what other people think/without seeking approval from others....which is exactly what makes them alpha.

that's not alpha at all. that's what gets you hated and people just view you as a dick.

I hate the term alpha male anyway. All you've got to be is relatively confident compared to those around you and in the right place at the right time. People who go on constantly about being alpha male are way too insecure themselves. And I can't take people who read all these PUA and The Game books seriously (like you) - I actually hadn't even heard of them until I came to TSR.
Original post by Neil_K

Girls dont JUST go for confidence you fool!

Three types of attraction:

-Physical
-Social
-Personality

being an 'alpha male' just means you excel in one of these! Those guys you listed didnt get with girls because they were 'confident', most ugly guys get with girls due to their social status (footballers). Girls fancy scaffolders because of their personality/physical qualities. Orlando bloom doesnt have massive confidence. Do you think girls like him for his confidence? No. Its because of his looks. What about Robert Patterson? Confidence? No, its because of his personality.
Reply 31
Original post by Neil_K

Based on that logic, a guy can engage in activities that may be deemed socially bizarre and be a total loner. Then as long as he believes that he is the dogs *******s who doesn't seek social acceptance, he is an alpha male? Social acceptance follows the alpha male, but it is important in distinguishing them from someone who is merely confident.

Anywayy, I believe this bestial chat is a load of balls. Humans have changed socially since!
Original post by Neil_K

A 4ft 11 geeky guy having all the confidence in the world wouldnt pull **** no matter how he approached girls.
Original post by future_hopeful_uk

Three types of attraction:

-Physical
-Social
-Personality

I don't like people who don't type in full words on msn.
lol, Neil_K is just being ripped apart in this thread.
Original post by MathematicsKiller
I don't like people who don't type in full words on msn.

Then that's social, because you're probably referring to those 'hu type lyk dis'
Reply 36
Original post by future_hopeful_uk
A 4ft 11 geeky guy having all the confidence in the world wouldnt pull **** no matter how he approached girls.

Spot the limiting belief there....?

If you think high or looks matter, let me tell you about a guy called Sean Stephenson. He is 3ft tall & wheelchair bound due to a rare bone disease. He has no trouble with women at all. He is livjng proof that looks, height DO NOT MATTER on a guy, as long as he has confidence and personality.

Find out more about Sean Stephenson here.... http://www.timetostand.com/bio.htm

Also look up some of his Youtube videos where he talks about how he overcame his physical difficulties and how he approaches and dates women.

Your point is bull**** dude.
Reply 37
Ugly guys, I mean even Biggie Smalls got some :wink:
Original post by Neil_K
Spot the limiting belief there....?

If you think high or looks matter, let me tell you about a guy called Sean Stephenson. He is 3ft tall & wheelchair bound due to a rare bone disease. He has no trouble with women at all. He is livjng proof that looks, height DO NOT MATTER on a guy, as long as he has confidence and personality.

Find out more about Sean Stephenson here.... http://www.timetostand.com/bio.htm

Also look up some of his Youtube videos where he talks about how he overcame his physical difficulties and how he approaches and dates women.

Your point is bull**** dude.

Not really mate, unless you're going to try and persuade me that Robert Patterson pulls girls because of his amaaaaazing confidence? Or that Orlando Bloom has more front than Danny Dyer?

Does Prince William has amaaaaaaaaaaaazing confidence? No, it's a social thing
Reply 39
Original post by charcharchar
girls, cos they have tittts!

yeah. lol. I would add the vagina because trannies have tits, too. :-)

ugly guys have a hard sex life. I would never drink that much to have sex with an ugly guy.

Latest