The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Queen Margaret University

Scroll to see replies

so i went to the open day this saturday, i loved it, my parents loved it, what's not to love?

the course size.

9 places and over 200 applicants per year. 2 of those places are reserved for mature students.

Some small evaluation into my current work to get me to uni concludes that atm in time i haven't get a hope in hell.

:frown:
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Reply 1001
LittleMissStone
so i went to the open day this saturday, i loved it, my parents loved it, what's not to love?

the course size.

9 places and over 200 applicants per year. 2 of those places are reserved for mature students.

Some small evaluation into my current work to get me to uni concludes that atm in time i haven't get a hope in hell.

Nah you can't go thinking about that with uni's, when courses have that high a demand they begin to take your personal statements into account more because they get so many people applying with the same grades!
Like I applied to Strathclyde for a competitive course that was above all of my predicted grades, but I wrote a (in my opinion) pretty good statement and got an offer. (I didn't go there in the end and tbh am pretty glad I didn't!!)
Just go for it, you've got nothing to lose!
LittleMissStone

the course size.

Don't worry, we've only got 8 because someone didn't even end up coming.
it's more how you are in the interveiw. they said at the start that we wern't picked because of how good we were, it was more how all the applicants would work together.
you just have to shine at the interveiw. be keen to learn. be aware of your shortcomings, and understanding everything else other than sewing/drawing that means being a costume designer.

just be youself...give it a go..
it's either here, edinburgh college of art (which is full of Yas...and you'd have to do the foundation art course for the first year anyway) England or just entering into the industry.
it's a very small uni anyway so the numbers are hardly surprising.

give it a go. we're very nice.
Reply 1003
Just came back to QMU campus, its so quiet. I'm I the only one here?
Nalced
Just came back to QMU campus, its so quiet. I'm I the only one here?

probably...i know a couple of folk who are still there,but when i left on monday it was like there'd been an evacuation or summat
Reply 1005
weird. It's clearly the most depressing place on Earth now, expecting the Union to be open full of the international students partying. nope. No Indian chicks for me today
I have send my application to this uni, International hospitality management, anyone studying this course?: }
Reply 1007
hi there,

does anyone knows anything about the business management BA course at qmu?
I'm consideridering to apply, but i have the prejudice that you learn a lot of self-explanatory stuff which doesn't really helps you in the business world later.
Couldn't find anything about the BA course, so would really be interested in any littly information, even if it's only hearsay!
hey. Any Americans out there starting at QMU this September? I am, and I'm desperate to sort out my student loans. Only thing is- QMU still isn't listed as a non-US school on the studentloans.gov website. I've tried to contact the international office multiple times and got limited responses. Any info would be great as I need to sort out my visa!
Reply 1009
Is the drama department moving to Napier uni?
I love QMU - and it's not so easy to get into that it's laughable into, as I read. I study Physio here - my class is about 30 people and more than 500 people applied. That's not particularly easy and shows there is some competition for this uni. Whatever people say, I like it :biggrin:
Reply 1011
Where are the others ? Anyone else thinking of going to this uni?:smile:
Reply 1012
I was at QMU studying phsychology and I absolutely hated it. It's so disorganised, the lecturers and tutors are so unhelpful. The first 3 months of the course we were given absolutely no coursework whatsoever then just before christmas they piled on essays and assesment pieces for passing modules. We had never handed in an essay before and therefore had never had one marked so had no standard to go by and they wanted us to do essays and hand them in as assesments to pass first semester without ever having had a university level essay marked!
I would show up to lectures and tutorials and the lecturer wouldn't show up without notice and the class would never been rescheduled. We missed a week of lectures and tutorials because of the snow and that was never rescheduled!
Also, I was away over chrsitmas and new year in Mexico, emailed my tutor for one module saying I wouldn't be able to submit an essay on a certain date because I wasn't back yet and what should I do and he never even got back to me.

Dropping out is the best decision i've made! wouldn't recommend psychology @ qmu to anyone.

However, I have friends there doing physio, dietetics and business management and they are enjoying it and getting along well. Think its just the psychology/sociology department that's so bad.
I've got an unconditional for media here. Still not sure if it's where i'll end up tho. :/ xx
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
I love QMU - and it's not so easy to get into that it's laughable into, as I read. I study Physio here - my class is about 30 people and more than 500 people applied. That's not particularly easy and shows there is some competition for this uni. Whatever people say, I like it :biggrin:

I have got an offer from QMU and was wondering if you could tell me if there is anything I should consider when applying.
And if you could answer these questions I would be very greatful
What are the facilities like?
What is the accomidation like and how easy is it to get?
How do you find the staff?
And do you know if there will be 30 if I start in September?

Thanks a lot xx
Reply 1015
YAY I love you QMU!!! Just got an unconditional offer. :biggrin: Does anyone know how are the lecturers there? Scottish or other nationality? I will be studying Tourim Management. :wink:
This will sound a bit of a strange question...but I was wondering if people who are put on the PgDip Speech & Language Therapy course are likely to get a place sooner or later?

Do wait listed people usually have a good shot at getting it?

anyone accepted their offer for here? xx
Reply 1018
Not yet, but it definately it will be at least my insurance choice:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1019
Im going to put QMU as my insurance-Bsc (Hons) Human Biology :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest