dhruvita

Psychology
skyja
blush.ox
gobananas
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've not yet but I may do! What course are you firming?
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
I haven't firmed yet, but I definitely shall be (once Kings give me a rejection. I had one space left on the UCAS application and though I'd apply for a laugh).

I've been offered an unconditional place for History & History of Ideas and I'm most excitable about the whole thing
Reply 3
Original post by Maxomatosis
I've not yet but I may do! What course are you firming?

says in my sig you know :tongue:
psychology!
What about you?

Let me know if/when you firm, shall update my first post!
Reply 4
Original post by twist.the.illusion
I haven't firmed yet, but I definitely shall be (once Kings give me a rejection. I had one space left on the UCAS application and though I'd apply for a laugh).

I've been offered an unconditional place for History & History of Ideas and I'm most excitable about the whole thing

are you considering going to Kings if they give you an offer? If absolutely not you can always cancel that one on ucas (:

High five for being excited!!
Original post by skyja
are you considering going to Kings if they give you an offer? If absolutely not you can always cancel that one on ucas (:

High five for being excited!!

Kings aren't going to give me an offer! I'm severely under the entry requirements, like, they probably see me as academically retarded. For Goldsmiths too, I actually wept with joy when I got the email saying 'offer attached'. I'm just being greedy and waiting with the same vain hope. I shall give it a couple more weeks but then I will just withdraw the application and press on with Goldsmiths.
Reply 6
I thought about doing the same with Kings, but decided against it in the end and applied to Bristol (who rejected me anyways). I have an offer from Royal Holloway on top of Goldsmiths...

Oh and I'm either doing Music or Popular Music at Goldsmiths (not sure between the two. Any suggestions appreciated).
Reply 7
Fine art extension degree, then going to do BA Fine art and Art History. So so excited!

Where are you all coming from? I'm coming from India so it's going to be a loooong way from home.

Have any of you thought about accommodation?
Original post by Shambhavi
Fine art extension degree, then going to do BA Fine art and Art History. So so excited!

Where are you all coming from? I'm coming from India so it's going to be a loooong way from home.

Have any of you thought about accommodation?

Going from other people on here, I think that Loring is supposed to be the best halls. The information on the website isn't very thorough though and I'm hoping that they'll send some more detailed information on the possible choices once I've firmed.
Fingers crossed anyway...

Definitely need an ensuite.
Reply 9
I'm pretty sure Loring isn't en-suite though... main minus factor.
Original post by Maxomatosis
I'm pretty sure Loring isn't en-suite though... main minus factor.

I just checked. Tis.
Loring is ensuite i was there last year. I'd say the best is chesterman which is also ensuite. It is the newest one, it was built a couple yrs ago. Loring is nice too, but it depends what you like. many people went to loring cos there were always parties, i wanted sleep!
Original post by inziebaybee
Loring is ensuite i was there last year. I'd say the best is chesterman which is also ensuite. It is the newest one, it was built a couple yrs ago. Loring is nice too, but it depends what you like. many people went to loring cos there were always parties, i wanted sleep!

I think you just sold Chesterman too me! I'm too old for parties. Hell, I should just get a place in an assisted living facility!
I've firmed up my offer for English at Goldsmiths, and now I'm deciding on halls. I've heard similar things to the above - Loring is apparently party central and Chesterman is pretty nice and a bit more laid back. Not sure I'm so keen on living in Brockley or Greenwich in the first year which rules out a couple. Well done everyone on offers :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by inziebaybee

Do you know though whether it's mainly postgraduates in Chesterman? I was reading on the homepage and there it says that they are usually allocating postgraduates there (whatever that means).
I just accepted my place via UCAS! VV31 History and History of Ideas.
High five.
Reply 16
:five:
Reply 17
I just accepted the offer to study Msc Foundations in Clinical Psychology and Health Services in Goldsmiths....
could someone please tell me more about this university??
Original post by skyja
:five:

This made me smile!
Reply 19
Original post by twist.the.illusion
This made me smile!

:biggrin:
History and history of ideas sounds so interesting btw! History of ideas was one of my main subjects in college and I really, really liked it!

Quick Reply

Latest