Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Welcome to TV Shows!

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I’m Phalanges, your new Entz mod. Some of you may know me, some may not. The reason I’ve made this thread is primarily to let you know what I’m about, what I want to do for this group of forums, and what you can do to help.

I see moderation a little differently to how I suspect some users view it. I’m not a dictator laying down the law to you, I see myself more as a member of the community that is involved in getting these forums as the best they can, in terms of content and feeling.

General Good Practice

All of the typical rules of TSR apply (which can be found here). However, to be a little more specific to the entz forums:

• Please look before you make a thread. So many duplicate threads get made on certain films that have to be merged, which is time consuming and boring for me. A quick search beforehand saves all of this unpleasantness.

• Please avoid making broad best of/recommend me threads. Nobody ever looks beyond the first couple of posts, and they die only to have another thread made in a couple of months that elicits exactly the same responses. Creating a thread looking at the motivations behind people’s choices is infinitely more interesting than just a list.

What You Can Do To Help Me

• Post reporting is incredibly helpful. I simply don’t have the time or the motivation to look through every post on these forums, so by flagging it up whenever you see something inappropriate or misplaced it’s of great benefit to me, and I really appreciate it. So please, post report.

• Set a good example with your posts. Make interesting posts, don’t troll, flame or spam, and everyone will benefit.

• Be understanding. I’m only human, and I will make mistakes from time to time. If I do something you disagree with, please raise it civilly with me in AAM and I’ll do my best to resolve it, rather than slagging me off around the site or saying nothing and feeling hard done by.

The Future

This is the exciting bit. I’ve been discussing some ideas I have with the admin to try and bring some exciting things to the site, such as prizes, early reviews of films and TV shows and content like interviews. It’s all in very early stages at the minute, but watch this space!

As a team we are also going to be reviewing the different fora under the heading of Entz, so keep an eye out for news of any changes.

Get In Touch

If you want to talk to me about anything, whether it’s something you’re unsure on or an idea you’ve got for the site then please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me by PM, by writing on my profile page, or by creating a thread in AAM. AAM would be the preferred route, as then it will allow other mods to look and get involved with the discussions (rather than me having to repeat everything at a later date if I'm trying to get permission for it :p:).

See you around, and happy posting!

Phalanges
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh excitement on the subject of reviews, I'd love to review some LGBT TV and things if that's ever needed-I'm kind of addicted and at the moment have to visit afterellen.com for my fix of reviews, where I'm jealous of the bloggers so if I can be of any help contact me
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e hine e)
    Ooh excitement on the subject of reviews, I'd love to review some LGBT TV and things if that's ever needed-I'm kind of addicted and at the moment have to visit afterellen.com for my fix of reviews, where I'm jealous of the bloggers so if I can be of any help contact me
    Moved this to the TV thread, hope you don't mind.

The negotiations are in very early stages at the minute, and if they do go ahead we'll be at the whim of what kind of shows get offered to us really, at least initially until we have some kind of a reputation. The best thing you can do is create a content-rich thread on LGBT TV if that's what you're interested in, and I can then use that to try and show companies that there's interest in it on TSR.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Moved this to the TV thread, hope you don't mind.

The negotiations are in very early stages at the minute, and if they do go ahead we'll be at the whim of what kind of shows get offered to us really, at least initially until we have some kind of a reputation. The best thing you can do is create a content-rich thread on LGBT TV if that's what you're interested in, and I can then use that to try and show companies that there's interest in it on TSR.
    Oops, I thought it was a universal thread, didn't realise there was a seperate one under each heading :ninja:

Okay, will do that
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    what your favourite fillms:party:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 17, 2011
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.