The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

My first TMA is due tomorrow and I'm only just starting it, good job I kinda know what I want to say. Putting it down though is where am strugling, anyone else get that? You know what you want to say but can't find the words when it comes down to typing it up.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Best thing I find is just to write whatever comes into your head, write as much as you can, then go back and refine it. Otherwise it just turns into staring at a heading, mouse slowly drifting towards internet browser again.
Original post by SunburnedCactus
Best thing I find is just to write whatever comes into your head, write as much as you can, then go back and refine it. Otherwise it just turns into staring at a heading, mouse slowly drifting towards internet browser again.

I'm almost finished now, when I first started this afternoon the word count frightned me, I thought that it was far to high. Yet now that I've wrote everything I'm thinking it was far to short. Am hoping that I haven't missed any important points or that I've gone in another direction. This is my third course and I am still worried about little details. :s-smilie:
Reply 3223
Original post by SunburnedCactus

Sounds familiar.... :rolleyes:
Just got my results for my first ever TMA - (doing U116) - 92% REALLY HAPPY!!!! :biggrin:
awesome!!!! :biggrin: congrats! i'm still waiting for my TMA =/ technically the latest i should get it back is saturday but my tutor was moving so doubt i'll see it til the end of the course at this rate...
I was so relieved!!

First TMA is scary stuff.... Just another 6 years for an Environmental Science Degree.... lol
Reply 3227
I got my first TMA back for DD309. I got 52 :sad:
Original post by Juno
I got my first TMA back for DD309. I got 52 :sad:

That's a Level3 though, mines only a level1. by the time I get to level3 I expect just to be scraping passes
Reply 3229
Original post by mardiemare

Original post by mardiemare
That's a Level3 though, mines only a level1. by the time I get to level3 I expect just to be scraping passes

Yeah, it seems a big step up from level 2 - which is a huge step from level 1
Original post by Juno
Yeah, it seems a big step up from level 2 - which is a huge step from level 1

How hard would you say it is? I've just started my level 2 although it's not in the same subject area... Starting the rest in October though! I'm worried about the level 3s, definitely, but people seem to do the order backwards - I know someone who started with the level 3 I'm planning to do and is working backwards to AA100 :confused:
Reply 3231
Original post by inksplodge

Original post by inksplodge
How hard would you say it is? I've just started my level 2 although it's not in the same subject area... Starting the rest in October though! I'm worried about the level 3s, definitely, but people seem to do the order backwards - I know someone who started with the level 3 I'm planning to do and is working backwards to AA100 :confused:

There seems to be more concepts introduced at the beginning of the course. Some of it is a recap from the level 2 just built up a bit more, but others are completely new. And I haven't had as much time to spend on it as I'd like (although things have got better at work now mystery shoppers are done for a bit) but then it's Easter soon and that's mad too.
Reply 3232
hello all just joined this site, im doing 2 courses with the open university - y156 that is understanding children and the other im doing is k101 and that one is heath and social care.
Reply 3233
Original post by DJTom
hello all just joined this site, im doing 2 courses with the open university - y156 that is understanding children and the other im doing is k101 and that one is heath and social care.

Welcome aboard :smile:
Reply 3234
Original post by Moggs
Welcome aboard :smile:

thanks. what course are you doing?
74% in my first assignment! Quite good considering I barely did any work towards it :colondollar:
Reply 3236
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
74% in my first assignment! Quite good considering I barely did any work towards it :colondollar:

well done
Reply 3237
Original post by DJTom
thanks. what course are you doing?

T207 at the moment, and unofficially MST209 (pre-studying) :smile:

Did you start already, or are you waiting for the next presentation?
Reply 3238
Original post by Moggs
T207 at the moment, and unofficially MST209 (pre-studying) :smile:

Did you start already, or are you waiting for the next presentation?

ok cool. how are they going? yeah i have started both courses if thats what you mean.
Reply 3239
Man, I can't wait to change my path to a pure computing degree course with the OU instead of all this 'how computing affects our world' BS, I know all this and don't want to write long drawn out answers about it :angry:
Actually can't wait to do some mathematics and coding. God damn!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest