The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by BeccaCath94
No its York v Sheffield tonight!

Come on york!!! The team even got an article in the local paper today!

Ohhhh okay. Yay I want York to win too!!! But I also want Magdalen to win next week.

And then I'll be in a massive dilemma for the final. :biggrin:
Get in! :d
Reply 42
Woop woop!
We were awesome. Awwww, York pride :love:
Original post by rainbow drops
We were awesome. Awwww, York pride :love:

Yay
I like York:cool: that guy Chemo always has a smile on hes face so nice to see hah
Reply 46
Original post by Casshern1456
I like York:cool: that guy Chemo always has a smile on hes face so nice to see hah

He looks and talks like Larry from Numb3rs.
Reply 47
Original post by Dragon
No, but I am good friends with him, which was my motivation to start watching University Challenge. I never watched it before this series.

I have a crush on Donnelly! First time I've ever fallen for a student on UC :biggrin:

I've watched the programme for years, love it. I'm really rooting for York this year!
They were brill last night. Although the quarter-final format kind of stumped me this year, but it's just as well it changed otherwise York would have been eliminated at the beginning of the year!
i'm reallllly hoping for a york vs. magdalen, oxford final.
both teams are just the cutest.
Ooh this has just made my day! I love UC. Though you know you are a friends with a load of geeks when on Tuesday morning you are arguing over who's the hottest team member!
Seen it live :biggrin: it was awesome
Original post by ahydrophobicfish
Seen it live :biggrin: it was awesome

:eek: Im soo jealous!!
This is one of my ambitions in life!!!

Who were you supporting?
Reply 52
Original post by fortunecookie
Though you know you are a friends with a load of geeks when on Tuesday morning you are arguing over who's the hottest team member!

They should have a prize for that too! (although I suppose that would raise accusations of dumbing down, haha). No-one would stand a chance against Donnelly if I were the judge! That lovely shy sweet expression of his, and that hair...He even looked good in the first round when he had a ponytail. I never knew Maths and Computing Science could be so sexy!

York have just been a breath of fresh air all around as far as I'm concerned. I really want them to win.
Original post by Nadjaya

York have just been a breath of fresh air all around as far as I'm concerned. I really want them to win.

I agree!!!
WOO!!!
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
does anyone else watch it then? :smile:. i think i'm at the point where i have an unhealthy obsession with the show!
has anybody got a fave team this year then?

all comments/opinions appreciated xoxoxo

Me too! I made a thread but no one really now i saw this! Wow 50 ish replies!
I love Mondays. University challenge mondays!

Last years Guttenplan was awessssome , me and mum loved him.

Haha im in birmingham too. I can never visualise the teams, but I recognise them when they're on! Who is magdalene against tomorow? Forgotten.
Reply 56
Original post by fortunecookie
Ooh this has just made my day! I love UC. Though you know you are a friends with a load of geeks when on Tuesday morning you are arguing over who's the hottest team member!

I do that! I'm also continuously texting my friend all the way through the programme...

Magdalen have to go through!

But then I'll be in a massive predicament. I feel like I should support York as the underdogs but I love Magd so much!

Also Clemo vs. Haddad-Fonda AND Chan
Original post by Casshern1456

He does! Its so cute!
Reply 58
Original post by Destroyviruses
Haha im in birmingham too. I can never visualise the teams, but I recognise them when they're on! Who is magdalene against tomorow? Forgotten.

Magd are against Peterhouse, Cam.
Original post by Nadjaya
I have a crush on Donnelly! First time I've ever fallen for a student on UC :biggrin:

I've watched the programme for years, love it. I'm really rooting for York this year!
They were brill last night. Although the quarter-final format kind of stumped me this year, but it's just as well it changed otherwise York would have been eliminated at the beginning of the year!

Not even guttenplan? Describe donnelly the name rings a bell.

Quick Reply

Latest