The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrigidSymphony
And maybe without the rivalry, a competitive environment could flourish again in the SPL. Come on, if Motherwell can beat Celtic, and Scumdee Utd can beat Rangers, what's keeping the league from being a challenge for everyone? This two-team monopoly, that's what.

:facepalm2:

Contradictory much? You're obviously not studying economics.. So if Rangers disappear then Motherwell and Dundee utd are gonna be competeing for the league and Celtic (with their champions league money) are gonna decline?????

Sounders :wink:

If Rangers go bust then then I think you'd have your monopoly.
Original post by sbarrie2
:facepalm2:

Contradictory much? You're obviously not studying economics.. So if Rangers disappear then Motherwell and Dundee utd are gonna be competeing for the league and Celtic (with their champions league money) are gonna decline?????

Sounders :wink:

If Rangers go bust then then I think you'd have your monopoly.

With the old firm rivalry intact, Celtic and Rangers focus on each other. It's a complementary monopoly, both teams exist to beat each other, not to beat the rest of the SPL.

Oh, **** it, I'm just dreaming of Aberdeen winning again.
Original post by FrigidSymphony
With the old firm rivalry intact, Celtic and Rangers focus on each other. It's a complementary monopoly, both teams exist to beat each other, not to beat the rest of the SPL.

Oh, **** it, I'm just dreaming of Aberdeen winning again.

:hoppy: Thats as near to a sheep i could find.
Original post by sbarrie2
So you would be happy playing in an spl without Rangers? Thats just bs mate. Our rivalry is everything.

My love for celtic is alot more than my hate for rangers. Thinking about it I'd be ok with you becoming an kilmarnock esque club
Reply 4804
Think of all the wives who could live in peace if Rangers were no longer around! (although the beatings would be much worse straight after it) :ahee:

I'd love it if Rangers disappeared.
I think we now have a legitimate reason to chant 'Die! Die! Die Ya Huns' again, and with gusto! Would love it if they folded.

Don't worry about Celtic- we have an identity of our own, and were succeeding before Rangers transformed themselves from nothing club into parasitic anti-Catholic/pro-Protestant Scots Brits.
Reply 4806
Without Rangers in the spl there would be no tv money, the only reason sky is still interested in the spl is because there is 4 old firm games and without the tv money the spl would just turn out the same as the irish leagues pretty sad to be honest.
Original post by johnnn
Without Rangers in the spl there would be no tv money, the only reason sky is still interested in the spl is because there is 4 old firm games and without the tv money the spl would just turn out the same as the irish leagues pretty sad to be honest.

another hurting hun .Fantastic:biggrin:
Reply 4808
Original post by Left Hand Drive

another hurting hun .Fantastic:biggrin:

Hurting huns or invisible huns, we cannae lose! :biggrin:
Original post by R-KAM
Hurting huns or invisible huns, we cannae lose! :biggrin:

What will they all do though become jambos?
What will they all do though become jambos?

Naw, they burned their fingers doing that last time:

They cried in 1986
Reply 4811
Use lost the treble though :rolleyes:
I'll wait for the "that was the diddy cup." The only people that are hurting is you lot! How many days is it since use won a trophy 741 days or so!?
Reply 4812
Gloryhunters club. Just like Rangers, Man U and Liverpool. It must be **** to support a team like Celtic, when you have no connections with the local area, and simply support a club based on constant success, in a **** league, in a **** footballing country. I take much more pride and joy in supporting my local club, Airdrie United.

FTR, my team may be ****ing **** (they're still MY team), but look at the OF...getting in horsed in Europe off absolute diddies. Utrecht :biggrin:

Bigoted scum. Proud to support my local team. No doubt this will get some pathetic reply from a fickle gloryhunter.

Ritter - Proud supporter of Airdrie United Football Club. Diamond forever <>
Original post by Ritter
Gloryhunters club. Just like Rangers, Man U and Liverpool. It must be **** to support a team like Celtic, when you have no connections with the local area, and simply support a club based on constant success, in a **** league, in a **** footballing country. I take much more pride and joy in supporting my local club, Airdrie United.

FTR, my team may be ****ing **** (they're still MY team), but look at the OF...getting in horsed in Europe off absolute diddies. Utrecht :biggrin:

Bigoted scum. Proud to support my local team. No doubt this will get some pathetic reply from a fickle gloryhunter.

FYI it was me that negged you :wink:
Reply 4814
SS Dignity :rofl3:

Original post by Ritter

I started supporting celtic in the 90s hardly a glory hunter
Original post by johnnn
Use lost the treble though :rolleyes:
I'll wait for the "that was the diddy cup." The only people that are hurting is you lot! How many days is it since use won a trophy 741 days or so!?

and your gonnae lose your club :lol:
also wtf now an airdrie fan has attatched him self to our thread
Reply 4818
They have no where else to post. :doh:
They have the European Football Thread tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest