The Student Room Group

Skype Language Learning Society!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ussumane
yup :biggrin: Its not a popular language tbh, so I doubt there are many on TSR studying it :erm:

I was studying it and wouldn't mind getting back to it sometime.

emzaz
It might be a good idea to precise, in the case of Portuguese and maybe some other languages, what country or dialect people speak. Portuguese of Portugal and Portuguese of Brasil are quite different.
PS: also, it's Portuguese and not Portugeuse :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 81
German and French at A2
Reply 82
Original post by Xurvi
PS: also, it's Portuguese and not Portugeuse :p:

Original post by bun
German and French at A2

I shall add you now ^_^
Reply 83
I'm doing AQA A2 German. I mainly need to practice the stimulus cards rather than the cultural topics.
I could really use some help on my AS French Oral! This is such a wonderful idea :love:
Reply 85
Original post by greengables
I could really use some help on my AS French Oral! This is such a wonderful idea :love:

Thanks! I'm pleased you think so! ^_^ If you're looking for people to talk to then try PMing those in the list or searching through the thread - that's the quickest way anyhow :smile:

What exam board are you with? I'm resitting my french AS speaking - aqa.

Off topic: Also, is your username to do with the anne of green gables books? If so have you read the ones after? They're really good! ^_^ (if not just ignore this last bit hahah!)

I'll add you to the list now :smile:

Also, hannah721 I added you already but forgot to tell you hahah!
Original post by emzaz
Thanks! I'm pleased you think so! ^_^ If you're looking for people to talk to then try PMing those in the list or searching through the thread - that's the quickest way anyhow :smile:

What exam board are you with? I'm resitting my french AS speaking - aqa.

Off topic: Also, is your username to do with the anne of green gables books? If so have you read the ones after? They're really good! ^_^ (if not just ignore this last bit hahah!)

I'll add you to the list now :smile:

Also, hannah721 I added you already but forgot to tell you hahah!

Okay thank you very much :smile: I'm on OCR.

Of course it's to do with the Anne of Green Gables Books! I'm currently reading Anne of Ingleside and I love them so much! :love:
Reply 87
Original post by greengables
Okay thank you very much :smile: I'm on OCR.

Of course it's to do with the Anne of Green Gables Books! I'm currently reading Anne of Ingleside and I love them so much! :love:

Yayy! Me too! ^_^ I think >_< I've read up to Anne's House of Dreams. I don't think I've read Anne of Ingleside - or I haven't got it at least. :frown: The books are amazing! (This is wayyy off topic though hahah!)

On topic:
Do you want to practice on skype some time? If so then I'll pm you my skype name? :biggrin:
Reply 88
Hi :smile:

Could you sign me up? I'm studying for IGCSE French (Edexcel). I have my exam next Wednesday :s-smilie: and it's a separate qualification so I can't 'drag' my marks up with the Reading, Writing and Listening :redface:
Original post by emzaz
Yayy! Me too! ^_^ I think >_< I've read up to Anne's House of Dreams. I don't think I've read Anne of Ingleside - or I haven't got it at least. :frown: The books are amazing! (This is wayyy off topic though hahah!)

On topic:
Do you want to practice on skype some time? If so then I'll pm you my skype name? :biggrin:

Yes please, that would be lovely!
Reply 90
Original post by Mazzini
Hi :smile:

Could you sign me up? I'm studying for IGCSE French (Edexcel). I have my exam next Wednesday :s-smilie: and it's a separate qualification so I can't 'drag' my marks up with the Reading, Writing and Listening :redface:

Yeah of course ^_^
Is that equivalent to gcse (aged 15/16) or higher?
(I haven't heard of IGCSE before so I'm sorry if that's a silly question!)
Reply 91
has anyone here managed to get a skype conversation done?
if so...how was ur experience..?
i'm still waiting for replies.... :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by emzaz
Yeah of course ^_^
Is that equivalent to gcse (aged 15/16) or higher?
(I haven't heard of IGCSE before so I'm sorry if that's a silly question!)

Yes it is equivalent to GCSE, and no problem :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by Mazzini
Yes it is equivalent to GCSE, and no problem :smile:

I'll put you as GCSE then to make it easier to sort ^_^

I'll add you now.

Original post by tajmahal
has anyone here managed to get a skype conversation done?
if so...how was ur experience..?
i'm still waiting for replies.... :smile:

Heya, I've had quite a few- they've all been really good. (although I guess I'm bound to say that seeing as I've made the thread hahah!)
Sorry to hear that you're still waiting on replies! Maybe try quoting them in this thread if they don't reply back or something?
(edited 12 years ago)
Can you add me - preparing for A2 French? Thanks :smile:
Reply 95
when's everyone's orals...?
mine are next week :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by ChopinNocturne
Can you add me - preparing for A2 French? Thanks :smile:

Sure, what exam board are you? I'm aqa - the A2 is sooo different to the as level though hahah! I got quite a shock! >_<
Original post by emzaz
Sure, what exam board are you? I'm aqa - the A2 is sooo different to the as level though hahah! I got quite a shock! &gt;_&lt;

Same here, AQA. And I know right?! It's mental, I hate the roleplay cards :/ the cultural topic stuff is alright cos you can prepare that more but the debate is hard!!
Reply 98
Original post by ChopinNocturne
Same here, AQA. And I know right?! It's mental, I hate the roleplay cards :/ the cultural topic stuff is alright cos you can prepare that more but the debate is hard!!

Hahah! The joys of french A level :tongue:
Reply 99
I'm fluent in Portuguese in case anyone wants to practise :biggrin:

Quick Reply