The Student Room Group

AS Level Certificates??

I received an email today from Edinburgh University saying that they need my GCSE and AS certificates; but I don't recall receiving any AS certificates last August, and they don't accept those provisional sheets as results! So I asked my school, and they said they don't get them in until this August, with our full A-Level!

So what do you think? At the end of Year 12, were you given your AS certificates?
Reply 1
Original post by nanofarad
I received an email today from Edinburgh University saying that they need my GCSE and AS certificates; but I don't recall receiving any AS certificates last August, and they don't accept those provisional sheets as results! So I asked my school, and they said they don't get them in until this August, with our full A-Level!

So what do you think? At the end of Year 12, were you given your AS certificates?

If your school cashes in the results then you are awarded an AS qualification and certificates would be issued by early Nov of that year.
Some schools don't cash in AS and wait until the end of A2. In this case you technically don't have an overall AS grade yet and would not have been issued a certificate.
Tell Edinburgh you have not cashed in AS and so only have unit results to report.
Reply 2
youll get them about october time, and youll get you AS and A2 certificates all together, thats what my school does...
Reply 3
Hey guys! I just wondered if any of you know whether you get AS level certificates if you carry on and complete A levels? I heard that if you dont cash in your AS levels, you just get one certificate after you finish your A levels... but just wanted to make sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest