The Student Room Group

Girl says "you're too short and I won't go out with you because of it"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Cables
5'9" is not short. I'm talking about guys who are 5'7" or shorter.

I said 'on average' 5'9 meaning there have been shorter.
What difference does it make? If she doesn't like you, she doesn't like you, for whatever reason. There will be a girl who likes you whatever height you are, and that will be the right girl. Also, you're not exactly short, so I don't get her problem :dontknow:
Reply 42
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
What difference does it make? If she doesn't like you, she doesn't like you, for whatever reason. There will be a girl who likes you whatever height you are, and that will be the right girl. Also, you're not exactly short, so I don't get her problem :dontknow:

That's not really true.
Reply 43
Original post by x_Lexie_x
I said 'on average' 5'9 meaning there have been shorter.

How short was/were he/they?
Original post by Cables
5'9" is not short. I'm talking about guys who are 5'7" or shorter.

I'm 5ft 7...:frown:

but it's okay. I have Orthopaedic insoles in my shoes..they add 1-1.5" inches. Nice..it really does make a difference. When I take off one shoe..I can feel the drop compared to the other foot..:frown:
Reply 45
Original post by joey11223

but it's okay. I have Orthopaedic insoles in my shoes..they add 1-1.5" inches. Nice..it really does make a difference. When I take off one shoe..I can feel the drop compared to the other foot..:frown:

I'm 5'7" too, so I definitely feel your pain.
It's really a shame that women are so obsessed with height. It has become more important than personality.
Original post by Cables
I'm 5'7" too, so I definitely feel your pain.
It's really a shame that women are so obsessed with height. It has become more important than personality.

I suppose I must win on personality as in my own case the girl who approached me was my height..well possibly a tiny bit taller..but nah..my height I think, I don't count tiny differences unless they make me taller.:biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by joey11223

Hey do you put the insoles in any shoes you wear or are they fixed to one pair?

Also where can I buy some? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey do you put the insoles in any shoes you wear or are they fixed to one pair?

Also where can I buy some? :smile:

Erm...they're not just a fashion accessory unfortunately. Orthopaedic means involving the musculoskeletal system, foot doctors in my case. I have weak ankles, so actually need them and they're custom made. I can put them in different shoes, although they fit best in my trainers(which are worn out now pretty much) because they were modelled with me wearing them at the time. I suppose you might be able to buy plain inserts for shoes off places like ebay, no idea really.
I have fallen in love with 2 girls in my life and they both dumped me "because im too short". Even though the last girl spit up with me 3 years ago i am still ****ed up from it and don't really speak to girls anymore. My experience of girls in a relationship is that they are very selfish and shallow. bluh not like this post is gunna change anything
Reply 50
Original post by White Noise
I have fallen in love with 2 girls in my life and they both dumped me "because im too short". Even though the last girl spit up with me 3 years ago i am still ****ed up from it and don't really speak to girls anymore. My experience of girls in a relationship is that they are very selfish and shallow. bluh not like this post is gunna change anything

Grow a pair of ****in balls son and go ask out a woman. A lot dont give a flying **** about height.

I'm lucky, I'm tall. But I'm a ****in man, regardless of height. Man > height.
Reply 51
I'm 5'6 i managed to date someone who was 5'8, so its not impossible. I did put a lot of effort though. Damn.

Its kinda sad if you're shorter, you kinda almost always have to try double harder in the other departments. Pfft.
It's easy to have a short fuse when someone thinks that little of you. If it were me though I'd just let it go over my head.

Just remember: guys like you are in short supply.
1 - In that case shes not worth it
2 - That is not short. God help what she would think of me then! (5 ft 3).
3 - Stop being so arrogant
Reply 54
Original post by Anonymous
So people who know they are not ugly arrogant? I hate that word but if you're "ugly" you just know it.

you're arrugly
Reply 55
Original post by Jim-ie
Grow a pair of ****in balls son and go ask out a woman. A lot dont give a flying **** about height.

I'm lucky, I'm tall. But I'm a ****in man, regardless of height. Man > height.

Generally height doesn't matter yes, unless you are pretty short (especially shorter than the girl), then it is a real issue.
She probably has a rare disease that makes her grow an extra foot on her 19th birthday.
Reply 57
Original post by Cables
How short was/were he/they?

I believe the shortest was 5'7. And I only noticed because someone pointed it out. I dont see it because of my own height.
My friend dated a girl taller then him and when she put heels she towered over him. My other friend is dating a guy who even I feel tall next to and it makes not one bit of difference.
Height is just another trait someone may or may not care about. Some dont fancy ginger guys or skinny guys. Others dont fancy short guys. There will always be those will find you attractive and those that dont.
Original post by WelshBluebird
1 - In that case shes not worth it
2 - That is not short. God help what she would think of me then! (5 ft 3).
3 - Stop being so arrogant

Cannot take your posts seriously anymore lol.
Reply 59
Original post by x_Lexie_x
I believe the shortest was 5'7. And I only noticed because someone pointed it out. I dont see it because of my own height.
My friend dated a girl taller then him and when she put heels she towered over him. My other friend is dating a guy who even I feel tall next to and it makes not one bit of difference.
Height is just another trait someone may or may not care about. Some dont fancy ginger guys or skinny guys. Others dont fancy short guys. There will always be those will find you attractive and those that dont.

Vast amounts of academic research moreorless confirm that height matters for an overwhelming number of women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending