Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Interview for UEL Primary PGCE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ireland11
Hey Jammyme,
Yeah i was thinking the same, hopefully they will still have positions available when they interview us!!! How is your preparation going for it?

I had my interview about a week and a half ago and they are only interviewing for waiting list places as the course is now full. Everyone else who was there to be interviewed was interviewed for the waiting list.

I was told, however, that they do take a lot of people from the waiting list every year - last year they took 90! I wouldn't worry about it. :smile:
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Hi im also from Ireland and have an interview in May dont think its for a place on the waitin list though as the e mail said on the course so think there are still some places.. just wondering does any other irish student know the situation with fees etc if we do get a place and is there any grants we can get as i know i cant get the same was as i got doin my under graduate degree here at home??? :smile:
Reply 42
Hey , from ireland too and had my interview on the 3rd of may and got conditional offer yester so theres still places left. I have no idea about grants but gonna look into it. Good luck!
Reply 43
Original post by Neaders

Original post by Neaders
Hey , from ireland too and had my interview on the 3rd of may and got conditional offer yester so theres still places left. I have no idea about grants but gonna look into it. Good luck!

Hi Neaders

Congratulations on your offer

Can i just ask was your offer updated on Gttr or did you get told over the fone??
Reply 44
Yeah it was updated on gttr, i rang them to double check as it said it was a conditional offer, but i just have to send on the paper work confirming i have a 2:2.
Reply 45
Thanks Neaders, had my interview the 5th went good hopefully il hear quick as I know people who have been waiting 3 weeks and the woman at the interview told me could be 4 weeks before i hear. congrats on the offer :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Kerri22
Thanks Neaders, had my interview the 5th went good hopefully il hear quick as I know people who have been waiting 3 weeks and the woman at the interview told me could be 4 weeks before i hear. congrats on the offer :smile:

Aw thanks, best of luck with urs! They told us it wud be 4wks too so i was surprised to hear from them so soon.. but i applied for pgce with MFL so maybe they needed ppl for those places and thats why i heard so soon. All the best!
Reply 47
Original post by Kerri22

Hey Kerri22, had mine on the 5th aswell, did you hear anything yet?
Reply 48
Hi Ireland11,
Didnt hear anything yet the one who interviewed me said it could be four weeks :frown:. Have you heard anything?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kerri22
Hi Ireland11,
Didnt hear anything yet the one who interviewed me said it could be four weeks :frown:. Have you heard anything?

I had mine three weeks ago and found out today that I got an unconditional offer! If it's taking a long time then give them a ring, that's what I did.

Good luck.
Reply 50
Congrats on the offer SundayGirl. Ya il give it a week or so and see then
Reply 51
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone still on this but i taught I would give it a go :smile:
I have an interview for UEL next week for the waiting list, so im not to hopeful about getting a place, but I still want to do my best.
Just wondering for the lesson do you have five minutes to explain your lesson, do you have a choice whether or not to teach them the lesson or just read through it. I would imagine you would have to have great detail about the lesson to talk about it for 5 minutes.
Also is the maths at Junior Cert level of Leaving Cert?
I am really nervous, teaching is all I want to do :smile:
Any advice would be apperiated.x
Reply 52
Original post by irishboo

Original post by irishboo
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone still on this but i taught I would give it a go :smile:
I have an interview for UEL next week for the waiting list, so im not to hopeful about getting a place, but I still want to do my best.
Just wondering for the lesson do you have five minutes to explain your lesson, do you have a choice whether or not to teach them the lesson or just read through it. I would imagine you would have to have great detail about the lesson to talk about it for 5 minutes.
Also is the maths at Junior Cert level of Leaving Cert?
I am really nervous, teaching is all I want to do :smile:
Any advice would be apperiated.x

Hi just sent your a message there :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by ireland11
Hey Jammyme,
Yeah i was thinking the same, hopefully they will still have positions available when they interview us!!! How is your preparation going for it?

Hi Ireland 11,

Sorry i didnt get the chance to reply sooner, but havn't been on here since I posted last! Following day I recieved an offer fron my original choice,St. Mary's, so I had to pull my application from UEL, (apologise I wasnt going to there interview!)................ been mad since, getting books, 2 weeks in school sorted etc........... But hope interview went well for you :-) how did it go ?
Reply 54
Hi there everyone, I have a interview next week Tuesday and I'm really nervous about the 5 min presentation on a lesson plan!! I have never done one and not sure if I am meant to do a role play: as if I'm teaching the lesson???? Also really lost about year 2 lesson plans... Any ideas as to what subject I could use????? Helppppp!! Plssss!! :confused:
Reply 55
Hi there, not sure if anyone is still looking at this, but I'm from Ireland going to be doing PGCE primary in UEL in September, just wondering are ye planning on living in Stratford or at the Docklands campus? I'm afraid that I will be out on my own living in Docklands!?
Hi...Has any1 an interview for UEL nxt week? I have on Wed and wud love to get chattin to someone else whos in d same boat as me. I'm from Ireland and quiet nervous and not sure what to expect..
Reply 57
Interview for UEL next week..
If anybody can give tips with the group exercises and the individual interview questions would be Aces! xxxxxx

:colondollar:

Quick Reply