The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin 2011 entry

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Anglia Ruskin's Healthcare science :smile: not heard anything back yet...
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 21
Got a conditional for Drama, I take it the people who 'made' their offers unconditional were told to send their certificates when they got a conditional offer?

Or have you already done A levels, just needed your proof sent lol? I've done my AS levels and they're asking for 260 points.
Original post by foz
Got a conditional for Drama, I take it the people who 'made' their offers unconditional were told to send their certificates when they got a conditional offer?

Or have you already done A levels, just needed your proof sent lol? I've done my AS levels and they're asking for 260 points.

Yeah, I'm post A level :smile:
Just had to send my certificates to prove what grades I got.

Good luck with your exams :biggrin:
hey, i have an offer from here :smile: im just not sure if to put it as first or insurance yet...but is defiantly in my top 2 .

any one been to an open day and seen the accommodation? i've not had a chance so peoples opinions on the best halls would be great :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Hayley-Anne
hey, i have an offer from here :smile: im just not sure if to put it as first or insurance yet...but is defiantly in my top 2 .

any one been to an open day and seen the accommodation? i've not had a chance so peoples opinions on the best halls would be great :smile:

Hey!! Hayley-Anne, we met at the anglia ruskin healthcare science taster day ( I hope this is you.) From the open day I found that Anglia ruskin is a very friendly and warm university. Also, the course tutors which we met seemed really nice, approachable and great!! From the accomodation perspective, I found that Sedley Court was very good. Those halls are en-suite at £107 a week but it is about a 25 minute walk from the main anglia ruskin campus. But bear in mind that the campus we will be taught at is the Fulborn one, so even if you did get on campus accomodation you would still have to commute to the Fulborn campus. The other en-suite halls, peter taylor which are on campus are also quite good but in the room I saw the shower was quite old and needed refurbishing.

SO my first choice accomodation is Sedley court and second is Peter Taylor. Stay in touch and let me know what you put down as your firm and insurance choice :biggrin:
There sending out accommodation offers now, anyone heard back yet?

Don't think i'll hear back for a while since i only sent it a few days ago :tongue: first choice is Swinhoe and second is Peter Taylor, but i have a feeling if i get any it will be Bridgets and Nightingale :rolleyes: lol
Reply 26
hey,
I hate to be the one to break it to you but I applied a few days ago and I called to ask them what rooms were like and stuff and they told me that the two oncampus halls of residence were totally full up!! apparently they filled out pretty quick.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news....hope you still get a good place maybe see you there!
What you studying? :smile:
I thought as much lol already been looking for some private accommodation, hope they will give me some info on where to look :tongue: So are you looking for private accommodation?

I'm going to study Healthcare Science, you?
Original post by DA90
I knew I should have applied earlier :frown:

so when did you both apply? i didnt apply till 23rd of april...bit late:rolleyes:

are you going to wait to hear back or start looking now? i want to live in halls don't mind if its private but i'm not having much look finding any :\
Reply 29
Hey,
Um can't remember specifically when I applied, but I think it was around 23rd aswell. I didn't realise how quick these things went! But don't worry, when I asked about accomodation they said that Sedley court still has quite a few places left. I went to check it out aswell. It isn't too bad. All rooms were ensuite anbd the kitchen/living area is only shared between 5 people. I think I'm going to end up going there. I would love to get anastasia house! But I don't think I'll get that.
I'm doing Biomedical Sciences!!! :smile: Can't wait!!
Reply 30
I have the application for Sedley Court, my main fear is how long the walk is to campus each day... I actually thought I'd applied quite early but apparently not early enough to get my first choices! There's apparently a bus (but tickets cost £11 per week that I'd rather not pay for), so I have nothing but sympathy for my poor legs!! :smile:
Original post by DavyT
I have the application for Sedley Court, my main fear is how long the walk is to campus each day... I actually thought I'd applied quite early but apparently not early enough to get my first choices! There's apparently a bus (but tickets cost £11 per week that I'd rather not pay for), so I have nothing but sympathy for my poor legs!! :smile:

i got an application form from sedley court, is it just to apply or does it meen you have a place :s-smilie: im not sure lol
Reply 32
The walk isn't that bad really! I've walked that before.
I got my sedley court application too! But I don't know if that means we have places or weather that means that we are applying again. :confused:
We'll see i guess. :smile:
Maybe we can walk together! :biggrin:
I'm planning on taking my bike just incase. :smile:
Reply 33
hey, i ve applied for the small university managed house (cambridge_ and apparently i ve got a place,,

regretting it now though its probably going to be a dump.. has anyone looked around them?
Got a place at sedley court :biggrin: Flat 15c

anyone else?!?!??

so excited cant wait till September now! :wink:
Reply 35
Original post by Hayley-Anne
Got a place at sedley court :biggrin: Flat 15c

anyone else?!?!??

so excited cant wait till September now! :wink:

OMG I AM IN 15D !!! this is awesome!! you are on my course and I know you :biggrin:
Reply 36
Yo, I'm also enrolling this September.
Has anyone else seen Bridget's & Nightingale accommodation yet? Or the houses along Collier Road?
I figured since the on-campus was all filled up I'd wing it for the flats that sounded the most rustic, lol, & that were in the CENTRE of Cambridge life! : D

Anywho, anyone else on the Illustration & Animation BA?
Reply 37
YAY!!! im in sedley court toooo! 14C at the moment....but im hoping to move up one if i can...dont really fancy being on the bottom ground :frown:

ahhh so exciting! :smile:
Original post by sonija
YAY!!! im in sedley court toooo! 14C at the moment....but im hoping to move up one if i can...dont really fancy being on the bottom ground :frown:

ahhh so exciting! :smile:

Hey heyyyyy! I'm in flat 14b? Does that mean we're gonna be flatmates? aha, what course you studying?

And how is everyone looking to pay their £600 pre-rental thing? I'm having loadsaa trouble trying to get it together at the moment :/
Reply 39
HEY! yeah we will be flat mates! OMGosh!!! I have a flat mate...so weird but sooo cool! what you studying? i'm doing biomedical sciences. I have no clue how i'm going to pay it either :/
But I've just started a job so hopefull i can save some money up...3months to gooo...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending