The Student Room Group

The essay question :S (AQA Biology Unit 5)

Firstly, I am NOT LOOKING FORWARD to the ESSAY QUESTION!

Just wondered, if anyone had any tips?

Also, maybe we could share past questions and think up possible essay questions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vixen23
Firstly, I am NOT LOOKING FORWARD to the ESSAY QUESTION!

Just wondered, if anyone had any tips?

Also, maybe we could share past questions and think up possible essay questions?

Ive got some title for you to look at..you might want to write it down here so people can correct it :rolleyes:

Synoptic Questions

1. How the structure of cells is related to their function.

2. The different ways in which organisms use ATP.

3. How bacteria affect human lives.

4. The biological importance of water.

5. The transfer of energy between different organisms and between these organisms and the environment.

6. Ways in which different species of organisms differ from each other.

7. Negative Feedback and its importance in biology.

8. Condensation and hydrolysis and their importance in biology.

9. Inorganic ions include those of sodium, phosphorus and hydrogen. Describe how these and other inorganic ions are used in living organism.

10. Polymers have different structures, they also have different functions. Describe how the structures of different polymers are related to their functions.

11. Describe how nitrogen-containing substances are taken into, and metabolised in, animals and plants.

12. Carbon dioxide in organisms and ecosystems.

13. Why offspring produced by the same parents look different in appearance.

14. Cycles in Biology.

15. Describe and explain the uses of genetic engineering in Medical Science.

16. How the structure of protein is related to their function.

17. The movement of substances within living organisms.

18. The structure and function of carbohydrates.

Maybe start with 9:

9. Inorganic ions include those of sodium, phosphorus and hydrogen. Describe how these and other inorganic ions are used in living organism.
Reply 2
Original post by arvin_infinity
Ive got some title for you to look at..you might want to write it down here so people can correct it :rolleyes:

Synoptic Questions

1. How the structure of cells is related to their function.

2. The different ways in which organisms use ATP.

3. How bacteria affect human lives.

4. The biological importance of water.

5. The transfer of energy between different organisms and between these organisms and the environment.

6. Ways in which different species of organisms differ from each other.

7. Negative Feedback and its importance in biology.

8. Condensation and hydrolysis and their importance in biology.

10. Polymers have different structures, they also have different functions. Describe how the structures of different polymers are related to their functions.

11. Describe how nitrogen-containing substances are taken into, and metabolised in, animals and plants.

12. Carbon dioxide in organisms and ecosystems.

13. Why offspring produced by the same parents look different in appearance.

14. Cycles in Biology.

15. Describe and explain the uses of genetic engineering in Medical Science.

16. How the structure of protein is related to their function.

17. The movement of substances within living organisms.

18. The structure and function of carbohydrates.

Maybe start with 9:

Thanks for sharing those! The exam's 2 hours 15 minutes, how long do you think it would be best to leave for the essay section? I was thinking maybe 45 minutes?
Reply 3
I have an excellent BIO5 essay booklet which my teacher provided me with.. if anybody wants me to send it them just inbox me and i will do so....
Reply 4
Original post by Sarah786
I have an excellent BIO5 essay booklet which my teacher provided me with.. if anybody wants me to send it them just inbox me and i will do so....

Thanks for that, it looks really useful! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by vixen23
Thanks for that, it looks really useful! :smile:

ah your welcome... I hope it helps :-)
Reply 6

Would it be possible to send those notes to me please :smile: , they would be really really usefull

Thank you
Reply 7
Hi --- please email the booklet too! I've litterally just sat down to write my first essay and i just don't get it - i think i need all the help and practice i can get!!:s-smilie:
Reply 8
hi guys,

i have information in A2 AS CHEM and AS BIO
all i need is info on the written paper of A2 AQA BIO written paper in detail

send me a private message

many thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9

could you send me one aswell
Reply 10

Hiya, i'd appreciate it if you're able to send me that essay booklet too! thanks!
Reply 11
Hi there please could you send me the essay booklet. i need it desperately THANKS:smile:
hi sarah cd u plz mail me da essay notez plz
thakz

hi sarah could you send me the booklet too? please and thank you! i'm not looking forward to this essay at all :frown:
Reply 14
Please sarah if it isnt too late cud i have the booklet aswell.
I really do not even know how to even approach this type of questions
thanks
Reply 15

Hey sarah. i would really appreciate it if you sent the essay booklet. please i'd be grateful. our teacher has hardly mentioned the essay. Thanks xx
yeah im quite dreading the essay tbh, done a few practices with our teachers and had them marked etc. i got pretty decent marks but thats using my notes :/ so its not gna be very easy cuz youll have to learn all the synoptic stuff. and if we get some really nasty questions. it wont be good!
Reply 17

Oh me please! :biggrin:

can u please send me that booklet if possible?
Reply 19
please can you send me the booklet too if possible :smile: really need some help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending