The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by rpow
Hi, i've been following this thread for a while now, as i've applied for nhs clinical scientist training for the past two years, and yet never to have been shortlisted. Its obvious that this year i've not been successful, so was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what kinds of experience they have / grades / qualificatons, that may have given them the edge to be shortlisted for interview. or if anyone knows a link to a thread that has this advice, that would be helpful.
I think you would find this document useful
http://www.nwhcs.nhs.uk/cms/uploads/f6406d596f5b1df4fa2e12b001093e80/shortlisting%20scoring%20for%20STPfinal%20(2).doc?download=true
Basically, you just need to tick all the boxes with your supporting statement. I didn't go into too many details on each point, in some cases just mentioning it is enough.
Next year person spec may be slightly amended, but the principle would probably remain the same - you just need to show how you fit in!
Good luck for the next time (if you decide to reapply next year)
:smile:
Yeah person spec and get someone to read over it. Make sure there are absolutely no mistakes in spelling, grammar or content. Talk about aspects of the area you're applying to that you find interesting. For example, I mentioned an interest in photodynamic therapy and photoacoustic imaging in my statement for medical physics.
Reply 2222
Hi all, I am also waiting to hear an outcome from the biochemistry interviews.. really really nervous. This wait is so traumatic. I feel like screaming and I think I will explode with anxiety!! Has anyone heard anything by any chance for the biochemistry interviews?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2223
Biochem was the day after immunology interviews (my intetview) I've been told by mid may like everyone else so I assume biochem should be close to when I find out. Where did u apply to? If you don't mind me asking...
Reply 2224
Original post by BMS123
Biochem was the day after immunology interviews (my intetview) I've been told by mid may like everyone else so I assume biochem should be close to when I find out. Where did u apply to? If you don't mind me asking...

Mid may :frown:

I applied to oxford and london only because I cant commute too far out. What about you? There aren't that many immuno posts so I guess we will hear soon after you guys. I really want to know, I can't take the wait anymore!!
Reply 2225
Original post by (",)
Yep! We start our exams in the first week of June so only a month left! :eek:
Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :smile:

Ouch, they are definitely drawing out the pain for you! Sadly when taking June exams, I will relaxing in the sun in Lanzarote...

Original post by GraduateSK
I have an exam on thursday too. It's so hard to concentrate on it cos I keep thinking about this!! :frown: good luck!!!

I keep thinking about this too, but also keep telling myself that I need to revise, because if I don't get a good degree, there is no STP either way!

Good luck to all who have exams starting soon!
Reply 2226
Are we assuming that there'll be no emails today as it's a bank holiday?
Reply 2227
Does anyone know when our referees are contacted. After we are offered a place or before? Because then our referees might know something we don't. Just a thought.
Reply 2228
Original post by megmogz
Does anyone know when our referees are contacted. After we are offered a place or before? Because then our referees might know something we don't. Just a thought.

One the engineers said last Thursday that the referees will be contacted after we accept the offer... so no such luck :frown:
Reply 2229
Original post by tmx55
Are we assuming that there'll be no emails today as it's a bank holiday?

If they were working any bank holiday i would have expected them to work Friday... but seems there were no emails then so i wouldn't expect any today. I'm hoping for my email [early] tomorrow.
Reply 2230
Original post by megmogz

I asked my referees on Thursday and they said they hadn't been contacted. Apparently, it is up to the individual trusts to do this
Reply 2231
I e-mailed at the weekend to ask when we are likely to find out. Hopefully, they will pick it up tomorrow and reply. This is so frustrating as, as you all know, we can't make any plans.
I think the phoning/emailing has had an impact. The fact they have started to tell people is a good sign, if we continue putting the pressure on, they will hopefully work that extra bit harder. I suspect many people will complain about the wait after the whole process is done. The whole thing started late (it was originally planned for Jan) and due to the late start, this bit landed right in the middle of loads of holidays. Its really their fault and we are paying the price. Like chloe88 said - I can't plan a damn thing and its doing my head in!!! I am naturally a very impatient person so the waiting is killing me slowly.
Good luck to all those hoping to hear back this week :smile:
Reply 2234
Seems to be a slow start to the week regarding responses. Lets hope it picks up quickly.
Reply 2235
Just got an e-mail from them stating that Medical Physics will find out this week. Good luck to all :smile:
Reply 2236
Original post by chloe88
Just got an e-mail from them stating that Medical Physics will find out this week. Good luck to all :smile:

Thanks for letting us know, when was your interview?

I imagine they will be getting busy this and next week...... I'm going out of my mind waiting to hear now. :s-smilie:
Reply 2237
Original post by chloe88

That's the same as what they told me when I emailed last Thursday, so at least they're being consistent now. The use of the phrase 'this week' implies to me 'Friday' though. Hope I'm wrong.
Original post by tmx55
The use of the phrase 'this week' implies to me 'Friday' though. Hope I'm wrong.

Haha! I thought that too! I have an exam on Friday :frown:
Reply 2239
Original post by mateyface
Haha! I thought that too! I have an exam on Friday :frown:

I'm going to a conference abroad and might not be able to access my emails.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending