The Student Room Group

Worst thing a boyfriend has ever said to you in an argument?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
'**** off'
'you're such a fake'
'stop being a baby and grow up' (he said something horrible beforehand which upset me)
'you're pathetic'

that's nothing really compared to....

'You know what we have nothing in common, my ex was the perfect girl for me'
...that hurt.
Original post by Anonymous
Rinsed, slag, pathetic, bitch, user, liar, cheat... That is far from the worst of it which I'd rather not repeat.

Are you still in a relationship with the person who said this to you? My boyfriend said very similar things to me too but I couldn't bring myself to discontinue what we had between us after the length of time we had been together. I love him and I don't think he really meant all that he said since previously he was a completely different person, the most charming, loving, caring, amiable human being I had ever met. Later he revealed that he suffered from mental and anger issues which were later medically diagnosed as clinical depression. Some may not consider this an excuse but his case was quite distressing and caused by years and years of hardship, and a recent incident had pushed him a little over the edge. It was because of his confession about his mental state and me putting in the effort to understand him and take him to see a professional that our situation got a lot better and we're now happily engaged. I'm very surprised at some of the responses on this forum about immediately leaving their partner. I sympathise with the affliction your boyfriend's words must have caused, and most don't have anything wrong with them at all, but it's not uncommon for gents, or females, to have a hidden medical condition, as I witnessed first hand when I was then a nursing student with my own partner, and now on a daily basis, being fully qualified and working in a hospital. My recommendation would be to talk to your partner, male or female, in a non-hostile way and see if there's a reason for their actions, or an intention to change in your partner. If there is, and they are properly treated or show palpable changes in their behaviour, attitude and feelings then it may be more than worthy in considering staying. The choice is down to the individual at the end of the day, but after seeing the initial way that my boyfriend treated me, I knew it was just a phase, caused possibly by a negative incident which he talked to the doctor about, which he then recovered and went back to his old and loving self.
Original post by dancingshoes10
I was talking to my friend who is in a long term relationship and she said that during their last argument he called her the c word...which has literally really shocked me! Why would there be the need for her boyfriend to call her that?!

I was wondering if this is the norm and what's the worst thing that's ever been said to you?!

it wasn't really a argument, she asked me to be brutally honest about her dress. and i was brutally honest. she hates me now.

i mean she wasn't exactly slim yet she bought a dress that clearly was too small for her so i pointed that out saying "lovely dress but may need to be in a bigger size" she called me a heartless bastard
Reply 103
"If you talk to me again I'll slash your face b**ch"

EDIT: That was witnessed not received/perpetrated.
EDIT2: Please don't neg me for this doucheebag's words
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 104
I've never actually been in an argument with a SO. My mom's said some pretty mean stuff though.
Original post by Anonymous
my white boyfriend thought i cheated on him one night..and called me the n word (im black)..i was shocked and hurt, and we were 4 months into the relationship..i broke it off with him...cos i was so angry he used that word. but he begged on his knees the next few days to have me back and confessed he was ignorant, and wanted to hurt me as much as he thought id hurt him, and regretted it as soon as it came out his mouth. he was drunk too. but all is forgotten and we are madly in love 2 years into the relationship. he's never used the word again. he was just silly/angry.

with ur friend it depends on the situation and how its been said and why. and if she is strong enough to forgive him, and believe he is truly sorry.

Shouldn't have taken him back.
To say that word once, to even think to use it once, is more than enough.
Original post by xayshx
lol. she did deserve it

Very true, she's a bitch. Found it hilarious when he was like "I'm gonna have three girls in the smush room later and I'm gonna be ****ing the **** out of all of them bitch!" :cool:
He's not my boyfriend, he fancies me, he's told me to kill myself several times, to cut myself in a corner because it would make everyone feel better, that I'm judgemental, outlandish (always thought that was a good thing but apparently not), have nothing of positive value to give anyone and have no friends.

It doesn't sound that bad but I have mental health, suicide and self harms issues so it was awful.
haha. omfg. wow..

look.. every couple calls each other names. it slips out. i mean, sometimes even if your best friend calls you a b**** when you're having an argument, you guys don't talk to each other for a couple of days or whatever, but you still get over it and still are the best of friends. why shouldn't it be the same for people who're in a relationship.
you guys are pissed off at each other, obviously you want to say stuff that'll make each other upset/hurt. but it all depends on the closeness of you two. well, that's what i think personally. i mean, my boyfriend and i, we're in a long distance relationship at the moment, until i join him in july.. he's most definitely the love of my life, and yet at the same time, my best friend. i know that i can tell him stuff without him judging me for it, and vice versa. so if he calls me a c***, yes it'll sting, but at the same time.. it's not like i'm innocent.. i probably did something that pushed him right over the edge. so you have to look at it both ways.
it also depends on the person's personality, i suppose.
Original post by Ambs
1)

Spoiler

2) Yeah. He was American and was in Belgium for a temporary job, but wanted to move to LA to 'advance his career'.

But it's not true! Is it really just my friends who are different? Let's see; I have 9 close male friends. I have been in a relationship with 1 of them, 4 have been in love with me but accepted that I was just friends with them and moved on. Which leaves me with 4 friends who were never interested in anthing more than friendship. And the guys that did tell me they were in love with me were probably just confused because I'm the only girl they're friends with. I have more male friends who I wouldn't call close, and while a few did, the vast majority never tried to get me in bed. It's all about moving past the initial 'I'm a boy, you're a girl, let's have sex'. If I tell them 'no' and they're still there a year later, it's friendship :yep:

That's 5/9. :wink:

I see where you're coming from with the whole "not many female friends" thing, but I've got loads of female friends and have intensely liked one of them and would have sex with quite a few of the others if they offered it. I'm too close to some of them, so I would decline if they randomly offered sex but the vast majority would get it.

Are you telling me that if you (for some reason) decided to offer no strings attached sex to all of your guy friends thatmost of them would say no? :holmes:
Reply 110
Original post by Doughnuts!!
That's 5/9. :wink:

I see where you're coming from with the whole "not many female friends" thing, but I've got loads of female friends and have intensely liked one of them and would have sex with quite a few of the others if they offered it. I'm too close to some of them, so I would decline if they randomly offered sex but the vast majority would get it.

Are you telling me that if you (for some reason) decided to offer no strings attached sex to all of your guy friends thatmost of them would say no? :holmes:

To be honest, all the guys in this thread saying guys and girls can't be friends or that they would have sex with their female friends shocked me; I really did believe in platonic friendship between guys and girls. So to put my mind to rest I actually asked a few of the people I saw today. Most of my 'close' friends (not all though, which was disappointing) said they wouldn't because it would feel like incest, the guys I'm less close with all said yes. But they did emphasise that that doesn't mean that they're not my real friends and that it was something completely seperate. So I guess it was a bit naive of me to think they wouldn't sleep with me if they had the chance, but I still disagree with the people saying guys and girls can't be friends.
Original post by Ambs
To be honest, all the guys in this thread saying guys and girls can't be friends or that they would have sex with their female friends shocked me; I really did believe in platonic friendship between guys and girls. So to put my mind to rest I actually asked a few of the people I saw today. Most of my 'close' friends (not all though, which was disappointing) said they wouldn't because it would feel like incest, the guys I'm less close with all said yes. But they did emphasise that that doesn't mean that they're not my real friends and that it was something completely seperate. So I guess it was a bit naive of me to think they wouldn't sleep with me if they had the chance, but I still disagree with the people saying guys and girls can't be friends.

Glad to see that you've learnt something! I definitely agree that guys and girls can have platonic friendships, especially when you're really close but don't like each other, but yeah, guys like to have sex with any girl that is considered more than mildly hot.

Spoiler

been called a slag and other harsh things
told this other girl was better in bed than me
Reply 113
'I don't think I love you any more'. :frown:
My boyfriend calls me the c word every day. You can't even imagin the stuff that's said in arguments.
Original post by Cynthi007
ah ja. ok. what about guys? they are no better. who wants to hear that his dick is too small for any pleasure?

but women love grammar sometimes. :tongue:

There's something not quite right about people commenting on other peoples grammar when they can barely string an error-free sentence together themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending