The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Apparently the number is the flat number and the letter is the room. So who knows what block we're in *shrug*
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 181
i havent heard anything for accomodation .
should i find out why?
my first was prospect point
hey guys, just got an offer for d&r is anybody else going here?
Reply 183
Im in d&r too. Block a, the old court :smile:
Reply 184
D&R, ground floor for me.
Reply 185
Original post by cjcw20
Apparently the number is the flat number and the letter is the room. So who knows what block we're in *shrug*

I have a friend living there! INSIDE INFORMATION, or something.

Blocks are thusly:

1a - flats 1-8
2a - 9-17 (there is no 13)
2b - 18-25
3a - 26-33
3b - 34-43
4a - 44-50
4b - 51-58
4c - 59-66
5a - 67-74
5b - 75-80
5c - 81-86
5d - 87-93
5e - 94-99

Blocks 1-4 are all ground level, but there's a trick with block 5: 5a is entered at ground level, but each letter higher is another flight of outdoor steps. The entrance to 5E is a good fifteen feet above ground. Pity those living in 98 and 99, at the highest part of the highest building - that's like six flights of stairs. :tongue:
Reply 186
are conditional offer people getting offers now aswell?
Reply 187
Original post by Maynia
I have a friend living there! INSIDE INFORMATION, or something.

Blocks are thusly:

1a - flats 1-8
2a - 9-17 (there is no 13)
2b - 18-25
3a - 26-33
3b - 34-43
4a - 44-50
4b - 51-58
4c - 59-66
5a - 67-74
5b - 75-80
5c - 81-86
5d - 87-93
5e - 94-99

Blocks 1-4 are all ground level, but there's a trick with block 5: 5a is entered at ground level, but each letter higher is another flight of outdoor steps. The entrance to 5E is a good fifteen feet above ground. Pity those living in 98 and 99, at the highest part of the highest building - that's like six flights of stairs. :tongue:

I'm in flat 96 so I'm guessing that is block 5E. Not sure what you mean though, we can only enter the block from walking up some staircase outside?
Reply 188
Original post by choc1234

IIRC you don't get an offer until you're definately going
Original post by choc1234

Only people with unconditional offers get a room offer now. People with conditionals will get room offers the day after results day if you get in.
Reply 190
Original post by ItsRach
I'm in flat 96 so I'm guessing that is block 5E. Not sure what you mean though, we can only enter the block from walking up some staircase outside?

Yup. There are ground level doors but I'm fairly sure they don't actually open - they don't have handles on either side, I know that much, and every time I've tried them they've been locked solid.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 191
Umm yeh, I got an offer from Prospect Point with the start date being 17th Sept… but on UCAS it says my course start date is the 1st… Wtf?
Reply 192
Original post by Ben1421
Got offered D&R s/c e/s.

Same! What block are you in?
Reply 193
Original post by Ishaan
Umm yeh, I got an offer from Prospect Point with the start date being 17th Sept… but on UCAS it says my course start date is the 1st… Wtf?

Yo'll need to get in contact with the accommodation people to see about arriving early.
Reply 194
Original post by Ishaan

What flat are you in? And you should probably ring up the uni and ask them if them dates are right and what should you do. I thought all courses started about a week after we move there?!
Reply 195
I am on the 3rd Floor… 65F or something. I forget…

Yeh they said; "Dear Ishaan,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The date that is listed on UCAS is the default start date. I can confirm that the A200 BDS course will commence on 26th September, however freshers' week will take place the week before (week commencing 19th September)"
Reply 196
Original post by Ishaan
I am on the 3rd Floor… 65F or something. I forget…

Yeh they said; "Dear Ishaan,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The date that is listed on UCAS is the default start date. I can confirm that the A200 BDS course will commence on 26th September, however freshers' week will take place the week before (week commencing 19th September)"

If you have facebook, you could join the group: Prospect Point 2011, Liverpool. There are a few people on there in your flat :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by swithers1
By this wink does this mean yes? Also, does anyone reckon I'll get bullied in the halls for playing sims on my laptop? :/

Creaseddd at that! I already planned to sneak zoo tycoon in with me! :biggrin:
Reply 198
Original post by alice412
I just got one too! third floor! :biggrin:

Im third floor! Theres a prospect point group on facebook for the people moving in there, joinnnnn! :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_144784172259039&ap=1
Reply 199
I'm about to put in my application for accommodation. I'm putting Melville Grove as my first choice (and second, assuming the application has you put each room size separately), but I can't decide on a third. I'm coming in as a postgrad, so I like the idea of a quieter atmosphere at Melville Grove. I like socializing and going out, but when I come home, it'll be nice for it to be a little calmer.

Anyone have advice on deciding between Philharmonic and Mulberry as a last choice? Is one nicer than the other, or quieter, or in a better location..?

I'm also debating off-campus accommodation. It seems like a lot of people stay at Unite, but I've heard a lot of bad things about them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending